Bills Release Ryan Fitzpatrick

CrazyCarl40

Just wondering.  Why isn't Daniel a fit for the WCO?  He seems perfect.  Accurate, mobile, and

played in a spread in college

Because he's not an NFL QB.

Fitzpatrick would be intriguing.  He had some good games, then signed that huge contract and sucked ever since.  Plus everybody just sucks in Buffalo.

Just wondering.  Why isn't Daniel a fit for the WCO?  He seems perfect.  Accurate, mobile, and

played in a spread in college

I guess my comment was based more on my familiarity with Fitzy than his actual comparison to Daniel.  

Smart, short accurate passer with starting experience

vs.

Smart, short accurate passer without. 

I guess my comment was based more on my familiarity with Fitzy than his actual comparison to Daniel.  

Smart, short accurate passer with starting experience

vs.

Smart, short accurate passer without. 

Not building Daniel as the next great anything.  I do think he is interesting though.  At least for a look at in camp.

Guy was a 2 time Heisman candidate.  Finished 4th in 2007.  In 3 years in college threw for 12,000 yards.   68% completions,  101TD's and 48 picks.  

The IMO the reason he wasn't drafted was because he was only 6'0", and had played in a spread.  Not very popular in the NFL at the time.

Last year could have changed that concept.  I guess it could be looked at like Fitz, had his chance, and failed.  Daniel hasn't failed.............Yet.

Don't know what he is going to do, but I have no problem with the Jets bringing him in

Well, he's been in the NFL for 4 years .  That's makes him an NFL QB I think

He's had 9 pass attempts in essentially 2 seasons with the Saints   He wasn't even on a roster in 2009 and really 2010 was on again/off again cut from the Saints.

Sanchez has been a starting QB for 4 years.  What's that make him?

SOMEONE out there has to be better than sanchez... right? At least if we get Fitz for cheap he can teach Sanchez how to read... a defense, a book, either or.

ANybody can be better than Sanchez and they all can be worse than Sanchez.    

Fitzpatrick on the cheap would be a good move, but who knows how much he'd expect?  

I'd rather they sign a fitzpatrick over a Chase Daniel.   People just assume that some kid who never plays is better just because they never played. 

Sometimes players don't play because they just aren't that good.  

Plus if the Saints thought Daniel could be any kind of QB of the future, maybe they'd resign him to a somewhat long term deal.  Or if they just thought he was worth keeping around as a backup.  

If the story is right, about him signing with the Chiefs,  Daniel is not worth $3 million a year.  Not even close. 

That would ruin T0m's theory.  Getting sh*tty Pennington level QB play coupled with a Rex defense is 8-8 or better.  That keeps Rex around and ruins his life.

The sad truth is if Mark Sanchez had a season like Chad Pennington did in 2008 (19 TDs 7 INTs,  67% completion),  

the Jets are at least in one super bowl.

Sign him. Because this way we would have 4 previous starters competing for our one QB spot. One of the four is bound to impressive and be the future. We could also draft a QB in the second or third round . The best emerges victorious and should be the answer for the future (unless its Garrard cuz he doesn't have many years left).... Yes I was counting tebow in the 4. We have nothing to lose and a lot to gain

Archived