Second round targets

hotcoles87

I keep playing out draft scenerios out in my head, and the second round (as with most years) just seems stacked with talent.  I feel like any one of these guys has the chance to come in and bring a similar impact to anyone of the top ten targets we've been talking about.

Here's a small list of guys that i'd have interest in between the late first and early 3rd.  I've also listed a few possible fallers (think about where Upshaw, DeCastro and Cordy Glenn went last year)

OLB

Corey Lemonier (love him)

Alex Okafor

Jamie Collins

Possible fallers-:Jarvis Jones, Damontre Moore

S

Jon Cyprian (love him)

Eric Reid

Matt Elam

G/T

Larry Warford

Kyle Long

Possible faller: Melenik Watson

WR

Justin Hunter

Deandre Hopkins

Robert Woods (love him)

Quinton Patton

Possible Faller : Kennan Allen

Wheaton, Bailey and Wiliams would all be nice targets in the 3rd. There are 100 good WR's in this draft.

QB

Ryan Nassib (love him, and would take him over Geno or Barkley any day of the week)

Matt Barkley

EJ Manual

RB

Gio Bernard

Eddie Lacy

Christine Michael (best back in the draft imo, just a moron.)

Later picks: Andre Ellington, Ball, Bell, Franklin, Davis  Tons of good backs available

Random guys that might fall and present value

Tyler Effert, Zack Ertz, Kevin Minter, Alec Ogletree, Margus Hunt, John Jenkins

Out of that list, there's like 20 or more players that I would be thrilled to have.  As I do every year, I would love to work out way into the late first or second round and load up on these guys.  They are all going to come with cheap contracts, and have almost as good of a chance to become stars as first round targets.  Would anyone really be shocked and appauled of say Corey Lemonier ended up a better player than Ansah or Mingo?  Would it be crazy if Ryan Nassib ended up a better QB than Geno Smith?  Would it be impossible for Christine Michael to end up as the best back in the draft?  The answer is no.  We have to find a way to trade back and grab some of these players.  I hope Idzik settles with the Bucs for this years second and next years first, and I hope we trade back into the mid-late first and pickup another 2nd + in the process.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What exactly are Nassib's attributes that will make him anything more than a career backup? Did you watch him play at cuse?

Physically, he's got enough-  Big arm, tough kid, very strong.  His stats were great, while playing for a lousy team, with not much talent around him.  He played in a pro style WCO, and had pressure on him all the time.  What I noticed about him, unlike Geno, is that he had to fight for every hard he gained.  There were no gimmie 90 yard bombs to some wide open receiver due to a spread formation.  But the biggest thing I like about the kid is his attitude.  When I see Mark Sanchez, I see a huge pssy.  He isn't a leader, and never will be.  When I see Geno, I see someone who is trying to say and do the right things, but it's not natural.  I don't see him as the kind of guy who's going to take over a locker room and lead grown men.  He's not being who he really is, and personally, I think he's a total fraud.  I see Barkley as an absolute punk.  Watch the clip with him and Mariucci on the white board and you will see it for yourself.  Then I see Nassib.  Laid back, cool kid who comes off as honest.  I see him being a leader.  Watched several post game press conferences, inverviews, comine interview etc.  Love the kid.    Watch the Mizzu game of Nassib, and some interviews, and you might learn to love him.

PS I don't like Mike Glennon because he looks too much like Napolean Dynamite.

No TE’s on the list?

From both a value, and need position I would take the likes of Ertz, McDonald, or Escobar

I put them in at the bottom under "random guys who might present value" for the sake of keeping the post a little shorter.  For the second round, I only like the two I had listed, but yeah, McDonald and Esco would be good guys a little later on as well.

Physically, he's got enough-  Big arm, tough kid, very strong.  His stats were great, while playing for a lousy team, with not much talent around him.  He played in a pro style WCO, and had pressure on him all the time.  What I noticed about him, unlike Geno, is that he had to fight for every hard he gained.  There were no gimmie 90 yard bombs to some wide open receiver due to a spread formation.  But the biggest thing I like about the kid is his attitude.  When I see Mark Sanchez, I see a huge pssy.  He isn't a leader, and never will be.  When I see Geno, I see someone who is trying to say and do the right things, but it's not natural.  I don't see him as the kind of guy who's going to take over a locker room and lead grown men.  He's not being who he really is, and personally, I think he's a total fraud.  I see Barkley as an absolute punk.  Watch the clip with him and Mariucci on the white board and you will see it for yourself.  Then I see Nassib.  Laid back, cool kid who comes off as honest.  I see him being a leader.  Watched several post game press conferences, inverviews, comine interview etc.  Love the kid.    Watch the Mizzu game of Nassib, and some interviews, and you might learn to love him.

PS I don't like Mike Glennon because he looks too much like Napolean Dynamite.

His arm is average at best. He could be a decent WCO QB but his ceiling is very very low. I saw him play live twice and a bunch on tape and he's just unimpressive.

I put them in at the bottom under "random guys who might present value" for the sake of keeping the post a little shorter.  For the second round, I only like the two I had listed, but yeah, McDonald and Esco would be good guys a little later on as well.

LOL

Sorry, I did read the post, and for some reason they didn't register

His arm is average at best. He could be a decent WCO QB but his ceiling is very very low. I saw him play live twice and a bunch on tape and he's just unimpressive.

You don't have to like the guy- that's on you.  But I'll tell you what, I saw Mark Sanchez torch my Nittany Lions in a bowl game, and thought the kid was going to be an absolute stud in the NFL.  What I didn't see was how the kid handled adversity.  How he handled losing.  How he handled pressure.  Neither of us are capable of making a legit NFL evaluation, so really neither of us even has a leg to stand on as far as arguing who's right and who's wrong.  NFL scouts can't even get this stuff right most of the time.  Don't hate on the kid though-- we met with him and had a lengthy meeting with him.  I'm sure he's on our radar to some degree.

What exactly are Nassib's attributes that will make him anything more than a career backup? Did you watch him play at cuse?

Regardless we know the Jets are really high on him. He's the only QB, along with Dysert, we've seen linked to the organization so far.

just lookin at this our team could be in for a huge turn around if we trade revis for a 1st and 2nd

i dont like trading Revis but if they can get significant picks and if they all work out, then yes agree they would be a winning team again. that is an awesome outcome and I hope it happens.

love that kid Lemonier i think he will be there in the  3rd  K. Long with our 2nd and Ty Powell will fit us  in the 5th. if we dont get a Oline in the 1st 

but K. long in the 2nd if we dont draft a oline in the 1st

basic and fast. What could be better.

I guess we could just bring in everyone we had last year and hope the same input produces different output but idk im not seeing it

Being good in real life and not theory.

Why the **** would they bring in everyone they had last year? What is with this thinking you people have lol....Yeah, that's what keeping Revis would mean...They want to keep the '07-'12 gang together.

Being good in real life and not theory.

Why the **** would they bring in everyone they had last year? What is with this thinking you people have lol....Yeah, that's what keeping Revis would mean...They want to keep the '07-'12 gang together.

wow whats with you and your mad arguments. whine more about revis its entertaining

im saying with 2 picks in the first round Geno and an o linemen the jets would have the best chance of becoming contenders quickly. Now tell me why you think would not work and give me your scenario where jets get back to contending quickly.

wow whats with you and your mad arguments. whine more about revis its entertaining

im saying with 2 picks in the first round Geno and an o linemen the jets would have the best chance of becoming contenders quickly. Now tell me why you think would not work and give me your scenario where jets get back to contending quickly.

If Geno is legit, yes.   If Geno is what a lot of people think and an overhyped good college QB who probably won't be a great NFL QB, then not even close.  It's always about the QB.   Look at the Bucs.  The assumption is with Revis they should be something special.  But if Freeman sucks again,  they are going to be a 8-8 team.  Maybe.

If Geno is legit, yes.   If Geno is what a lot of people think and an overhyped good college QB who probably won't be a great NFL QB, then not even close.

yea very true im just saying if im 99 years old and want to watch the jets in the playoffs this year before i die or go blind or something i want the jets drafting geno and hopefully he pans out. Im digging his stats

1. I've literally answered this at least a half dozen times on this board, if not more.

2. What is so special about Geno Smith and this unnamed, possibly random o linemen that will make this team a contender? 

3. If half of the equation to putting this team into contention is Geno Smith and "an o linemen," by that you mean one G, why does that require trading Revis?

Just incredibly lazy, lazy thinking...It's flooring that people can both think like this AND do it with such confidence. 

1. I've literally answered this at least a half dozen times on this board, if not more.

2. What is so special about Geno Smith and this unnamed, possibly random o linemen that will make this team a contender? 

3. If half of the equation to putting this team into contention is Geno Smith and "an o linemen," by that you mean one G, why does that require trading Revis?

Just incredibly lazy, lazy thinking...It's flooring that people can both think like this AND do it with such confidence. 

your being lazy by not answering my question. Tell me your plan you seem to me like you think you know what your talking about and for all i know your a scout for some NFL team but your acting like you know more stuff but your not  telling it so im starting to think you have no real opinion of your own just that everyone elses is wrong. Now tell me what is your plan for the fastest way to get to being a contender.

ps: idk i kinda like geno he had great stats in college and i think he will be pretty good in the nfl

and stop complaining about revis. It has nothing to do with it i just dont think revis is worth 12m but thats a different argument answer my above question all mighty nfl insider

your being lazy by not answering my question. Tell me your plan you seem to me like you think you know what your talking about and for all i know your a scout for some NFL team but your acting like you know more stuff but your not  telling it so im starting to think you have no real opinion of your own just that everyone elses is wrong. Now tell me what is your plan for the fastest way to get to being a contender.

ps: idk i kinda like geno he had great stats in college and i think he will be pretty good in the nfl

and stop complaining about revis. It has nothing to do with it i just dont think revis is worth 12m but thats a different argument answer my above question all mighty nfl insider

I think Geno is a more polished version of Vince Young. He definitely would need the right coaches to develop him for a chance of having a solid career however

Archived