Prediction time...

4HCrew

On JetNation radio we have been doing our best to get on guest analysts to share their thoughts on the Jets draft options.  Now we want to hear from you! Who do you think Gang Green will take in round 1? Jarvis? Mingo? Warmack?  how about the rest of the draft?  Do you think Revis will be traded on draft day? 

Call in on Tuesday at 8pm EST and let us hear your thoughts...

At the same time I would like to thank everyone for downloading the show and for the feedback.  It is truly appreciated!

Tyson

I predict the Jet fans boo

Beat me to it. LOL

My prediction is that the Jets select one of the few sure-to-start players with the #9 overall. Warmack or Cooper.

It addresses major need. Aligns with the apparent investment they are making in the run game, and minimizes the risk of getting a WR that needs time to matriculate, or a pass rusher that just doesn't pan out, or a QB that's just a straight bust. Brand new GMs by now should know better than to take chances effing up their first draft pick ever. 

Also, if the Jets end up with #9 and #13 overall, I'm hoping they end up with Cooper and Millner, or trade back from one of them.

Could you imagine if they trade Revis and the #9, and end up with something like Tampa's #13, and maybe #16 and #22 from STL? Plus the later round picks they'd get for Revis?

Also, if the Jets end up with #9 and #13 overall, I'm hoping they end up with Cooper and Millner, or trade back from one of them. Could you imagine if they trade Revis and the #9, and end up with something like Tampa's #13, and maybe #16 and #22 from STL? Plus the later round picks they'd get for Revis?

I would be all in for this, however the jets either need to draft a playmaker like austin or a guard to fill a hole like cooper for this to work. If there is a chance that both may be gone by 13 then you take one at 9 and trade the 13th.

#9 ziggy ansah

#13 star lotulelei

or if neither are there trade out of both spots for whatever

or as some of you have suggested

#9 austin

#13 warmack or cooper

this one would make me throw my tv out of the window and start a fire izzy thread.geeze,i cant beleive people want to draft a slot receiver and a guard in the top of the draft.whats next? a kicker in the second? nevermind

#9 ziggy ansah

#13 star lotulelei

or if neither are there trade out of both spots for whatever

or as some of you have suggested

#9 austin

#13 warmack or cooper

this one would make me throw my tv out of the window and start a fire izzy thread.geeze,i can beleive people want to draft a slot receiver and a guard in the top of the draft.whats next? a kicker in the second? nevermind

Both of those are terrible scenarios. The Jets have no needs or holes on the defensive line. Taking a DT would be silly. And Ansah is a huge bust possibility.

Having both #9 and #13 makes trading down much more likely. I suspect the Jets will burn up the phones at #9 if there are no surprises (like Dion Jordan dropping) to move that pick, and then go BAP at #13. 

The late first rounder could potentially be a QB. 

Having both #9 and #13 makes trading down much more likely. I suspect the Jets will burn up the phones at #9 if there are no surprises (like Dion Jordan dropping) to move that pick, and then go BAP at #13. 

yes,almost certain the second round pick or a late first round with a trade back will be a qb

Trade down is gonna happen!

Also, if the Jets end up with #9 and #13 overall, I'm hoping they end up with Cooper and Millner, or trade back from one of them.

Could you imagine if they trade Revis and the #9, and end up with something like Tampa's #13, and maybe #16 and #22 from STL? Plus the later round picks they'd get for Revis?

This would be ideal.  

New prediction: New Orleans will send Jets the #15 overall pick, Chris Ivory and a mid-round pick in exchange for the #9 so that Rob Ryan can draft an impact defensive player. Jets are content to pick at #13 and #15, still landing players they covet, while also netting more picks and an early-down workhorse RB. 

New prediction: New Orleans will send Jets the #15 overall pick, Chris Ivory and a mid-round pick in exchange for the #9 so that Rob Ryan can draft an impact defensive player. Jets are content to pick at #13 and #15, still landing players they covet, while also netting more picks and an early-down workhorse RB. 

I would not like this at all.  Drop from #9 to #15 for Chris Ivory and a 4th or 5th is not good value if the Jets think Ivory is worth a 5th.  Even a 3rd and Ivory is questionable as it places a high 4th round value on Ivory and that's more than the Saints are even asking for.

Dropping from 9 to 15 should net their 3rd and 4th and Ivory (maybe with us giving back our 6th or 7th).  I don't know that I see NO doing that.

I would not like this at all.  Drop from #9 to #15 for Chris Ivory and a 4th or 5th is not good value if the Jets think Ivory is worth a 5th.  Even a 3rd and Ivory is questionable as it places a high 4th round value on Ivory and that's more than the Saints are even asking for.

Dropping from 9 to 15 should net their 3rd and 4th and Ivory (maybe with us giving back our 6th or 7th).  I don't know that I see NO doing that.

I would expect fair value, I'm probably not looking at a relevant draft trade value chart. The idea, I like, the value can be adjusted align with what is fair.

Archived