Mike Mayock final mock gives the Jets...(warning: you'll discharge gametes)

T0mShane

Hess is too diplomatic about this. "Pretty similar" gets torn apart once you dig a little on both players and compare. Jordan wasn't more productive in college overall, he isn't bigger, he isn't better against the run, he isn't better in coverage (though he's more experienced there for whatever that is worth), and isn't the better athlete.

WELL I'M SOLD

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hess is too diplomatic about this. "Pretty similar" gets torn apart once you dig a little on both players and compare. Jordan wasn't more productive in college overall, he isn't bigger, he isn't better against the run, he isn't better in coverage (though he's more experienced there for whatever that is worth), and isn't the better athlete. 

Bookmarking this post. 

Aldon Smith did have 11.5 sacks in college the year before he was drafted. 

Yes, the year before Aldon Smith had 5.5 sacks he had 11.5 sacks. And Mingo had 8 sacks as a Sophomore. He also had 15 qb pressures this year as a Jr. Btw Lamarr Woody had 6 sacks as a Jr.

One other thing were not talking about. Mingo played in the SEC against superior competition. Just as a side note.

Makes me feel a little better. Still don't love Mingo - but I would wait and see on him if he was the pick. Don't hate him - but don't love him. 

Clay Matthews had 5.5 sacks his entire college career. 4.5 as a Sr. and 1 as a Soph...

FYI, another side note fwiw....Mingo is a Jr. Jordan is a Sr....

wait a minute. Is people saying mingo better then jordan just jets fans trying to justify for themselves when we pick him that  its a good pick

normally we boo sooooo

I have no idea. I think it depends on the team. Again, they're pretty similar propects. I like Mingo better because he's better vs. the run, is a better athlete and played in SEC, I also think he has a quicker first step/more explosive off the ball. He's supposedly a good character kid who also, btw, has a great motor.

Jordan is almost as elite of an athlete. Some teams might drool over the 6'6 thing, he's taller with crazy quickness and ball skills (was a WR his Freshman yr). He's also a good character kid with the same motor.

Both lacked big sack numbers. Both are thin. Both I would worry if they can stay healthy through an entire NFL season.

I have no idea. I think it depends on the team. Again, they're pretty similar propects. I like Mingo better because he's better vs. the run, is a better athlete and played in SEC, I also think he has a quicker first step/more explosive off the ball. He's supposedly a good character kid who also, btw, has a great motor.

Jordan is almost as elite of an athlete. Some teams might drool over the 6'6 thing, he's taller with crazy quickness and ball skills (was a WR his Freshman yr). He's also a good character kid with the same motor.

Both lacked big sack numbers. Both are thin. Both I would worry if they can stay healthy through an entire NFL season.

i want milliner at 9 and star at 13 lol.

i can dream right

Eifert is a good player but lets stop thinking he's the second coming of Tony G. He's a Dennis Pitta type of player, which is fine with me but he's being overrated.

He's a lot more Gronkowski-esque, IMO. He beats the sh*t out of safeties to get to passes.

Eifert is Gronkowski with a brain. 

I wonder sometimes if some of you guys even watch football from this decade.

Tight ends are routinely some of the top playmakers in most games, most weeks. The position has changed. Stop talking about Kyle ******* Brady, and starting talking about finding our Gronk or Graham. 

It really is amazing. TEs change game. They get you first downs. They bail out your QB. They make it harder to blitz. They help your backs. They influence safety coverage. Yet, people still act like they're right tackles.

I dont think anyone doesnt understand the importance of a solid TE, but taking one at 13 just isnt good value.  Especially in a pretty solid TE class.  1st round TE's just never live up to their billing.  Ape drops the 2 best TE's in the game, they were 2nd and 3rd round picks, respectively.

Here's a post I made a couple of days back.  All the TE's taken in the 1st round since 90.  Some solid players but maybe 2-3 that were actually worth the 1st round selection.  Its just terrible value overall.

That said, I wouldnt cry about it.  Especially because we landed Jordan too, but I'd prefer waiting till the 2nd or 3rd for a TE.  

I dont think anyone doesnt understand the importance of a solid TE, but taking one at 13 just isnt good value. Especially in a pretty solid TE class. 1st round TE's just never live up to their billing. Ape drops the 2 best TE's in the game, they were 2nd and 3rd round picks, respectively.

Here's a post I made a couple of days back. All the TE's taken in the 1st round since 90. Some solid players but maybe 2-3 that were actually worth the 1st round selection. Its just terrible value overall.

That said, I wouldnt cry about it. Especially because we landed Jordan too, but I'd prefer waiting till the 2nd or 3rd for a TE.

Of course I mentioned the best 2 in the game, my point was for us to aspire to having one f the best TE in football. Moron.

Aloso Gronk dropped because injury, Graham because raw. Neither graded out like Eiffert, thus he is projected higher.

Regardless, I'm okay if we don't get him, but I wouldn't bitch if we did.

hate the tight end pick...absolutely hate it and it wont happen

Do you hate the pick because of the player or the position ? because TE's seem to be wreaking havoc in the NFL these days they certainly did vs our defense and this guy can certainly play.

Do you hate the pick because of the player or the position ? because TE's seem to be wreaking havoc in the NFL these days they certainly did vs our defense and this guy can certainly play.

i think its more of i hate the jets picking a tight end in the first round ever. call it shell shock from the past

Of course I mentioned the best 2 in the game, my point was for us to aspire to having one f the best TE in football. Moron.

Aloso Gronk dropped because injury, Graham because raw. Neither graded out like Eiffert, thus he is projected higher.

Regardless, I'm okay if we don't get him, but I wouldn't bitch if we did.

Yeah, thats where I'm at.  I'm just big on the position value things unlike the poop head below.

People need to stop with the whole value by position thing. If the guy is there and it's a need and you think he's the next All Pro you take him. 

Dont tell me what to do.

Teams that know how to build through the draft, dont take TE's in the first round.  And everyone is all over Eifert's jock, he's not a perfect TE prospect. He's rather lean, more of a WR and I dont think he's going to offer a ton from a blocking perspective in the NFL.  Its nice you can line him up all over the field, but you could do that with a lot of TE's in the this draft.

Position value matters.  No doubt about it.  

If Eifert went to BYU he wouldnt be rising like this.

Eifert's a good player but he's being overrated bc its a weak WR class and we saw him play every week. If the JEts were a one player away team I'd be all for it. Im still pissed they didnt take Heath Miller back in 05 and made that trade for Jolley.

People need to stop with the whole value by position thing. If the guy is there and it's a need and you think he's the next All Pro you take him. 

I am going to call Francessa today with that.

This requires a philosophy, which can only come from experience. Idzik has never done this before, there is no rhyme or reason to what he will do, stupid Jets fans!

whats does gronkowski, graham , clark mille rhave in common?

great qb's. its my opuinion that, for the most part, great qb's make te's look better not the other way around. of course this is just my opunion. but a team with as many needs as the jets....and with no real qb on the roster i think a te in the first is horrible pick.

Yeah, thats where I'm at. I'm just big on the position value things unlike the poop head below.

Dont tell me what to do.

Teams that know how to build through the draft, dont take TE's in the first round. And everyone is all over Eifert's jock, he's not a perfect TE prospect. He's rather lean, more of a WR and I dont think he's going to offer a ton from a blocking perspective in the NFL. Its nice you can line him up all over the field, but you could do that with a lot of TE's in the this draft.

Position value matters. No doubt about it.

you sit the **** down and listen to me. If they want to take Eifert at 13 they should do it. Not doing it bc he's a TE is stupid.

Archived