Ireland's Dolphins = Tannenbaum's "Jets South"

Integrity28

Just reading about Jake Long taking less money to play in St. Louis, the bloated contracts given to Mike Wallace, Ellerbe, while the offensive line was neglected in front of a young, promising QB... It's hard not to draw the comparison.

I wanted to be first to slap that label on them... Because it'll become painfully apparent when the wheels come off for them.

We will battle for 2nd in this division, and I won't be shocked if after 12 games we are being talked about for a possible playoff spot.

Top 8 defense. Top 8 running game. Middle of the pack passing game, but FAR less turnovers. Book it!

i dont even know if i agree that tannehill is good enough to be called promising yet

but i think it was very stupid to trade up and take a olb when they needed a lt badlly. i know they counted on getting that trade from the chiefs but they got told to **** off

Top 3? LOL

Well we were 8th last year. But who did we really lose? No one worth mentioning except Landry and he too was a ferocious hitter, with average cover skills. Revis was injured. Bart was a liability and its addition by subtraction.

We did gain another Corner though and picked up Landry's replacement with Landry Jnr. DT position was upgraded imo with Sheldon and Im excited to see Harris play like he did when we had Jenkins. We should have a top 3 D after drafting CB and DT in the first round IF the offense plays half decent. If the D continues to see field after several three n outs by our offense, I still expect our D to not slip out of the top 5.

Well we were 8th last year. But who did we really lose? No one worth mentioning except Landry and he too was a ferocious hitter, with average cover skills. Revis was injured. Bart was a liability and its addition by subtraction.

We did gain another Corner though and picked up Landry's replacement with Landry Jnr. DT position was upgraded imo with Sheldon and Im excited to see Harris play like he did when we had Jenkins. We should have a top 3 D after drafting CB and DT in the first round IF the offense plays half decent. If the D continues to see field after several three n outs by our offense, I still expect our D to not slip out of the top 5.

Well let's start with week one? We beating the Bucs?

Never said anything about beating another team. I was simply talking about the D.

Never said you did. I was just asking you a question after reading your post concerning the positive outlook you have toward the team.   I tend to feel similarly, yet when I think of the first two weeks of the season, I'm not so sure. It's going to be tough coming out of the gate this year.

there is a comparison to be made in the sense that if the dolphins fail, Ireland will be fired. all of these moves he made were for short term thinking. they are trying to get a new stadium built (with city funds) and these dolphins are loaded for bear much like the 2009 jets were loaded up for the 2010 metlife opening. 

but let's be real the Jets are spoilers and the Dolphins look closer to contenders. they didn't resign Jake Long (or Reggie Bush) but they made huge moves everywhere else. Tannehill is an up-and-comer at QB. They got  Mike Wallace, Brandon Gibson, Dustin keller on offense. they got Ellerbe, Phillip Wheeler and Brent Grimes on defense.  trade up for Dion jordan was a big move and he's starting across from Cam Wake. 

Never said you did. I was just asking you a question after reading your post concerning the positive outlook you have toward the team.   I tend to feel similarly, yet when I think of the first two weeks of the season, I'm not so sure. It's going to be tough coming out of the gate this year.

Bucs don't scare me. Pats do.

We will battle for 2nd in this division, and I won't be shocked if after 12 games we are being talked about for a possible playoff spot.

Top 8 defense. Top 8 running game. Middle of the pack passing game, but FAR less turnovers. Book it!

Yeah, if you consider middle of the pack to be somewhere within the middle 28 or 30 teams.

Just reading about Jake Long taking less money to play in St. Louis, the bloated contracts given to Mike Wallace, Ellerbe, while the offensive line was neglected in front of a young, promising QB... It's hard not to draw the comparison.

I wanted to be first to slap that label on them... Because it'll become painfully apparent when the wheels come off for them.

Battling for second? Yep folks.  The Ape is a jet fan

there is a comparison to be made in the sense that if the dolphins fail, Ireland will be fired. all of these moves he made were for short term thinking. they are trying to get a new stadium built (with city funds) and these dolphins are loaded for bear much like the 2009 jets were loaded up for the 2010 metlife opening. 

but let's be real the Jets are spoilers and the Dolphins look closer to contenders. they didn't resign Jake Long (or Reggie Bush) but they made huge moves everywhere else. Tannehill is an up-and-comer at QB. They got  Mike Wallace, Brandon Gibson, Dustin keller on offense. they got Ellerbe, Phillip Wheeler and Brent Grimes on defense.  trade up for Dion jordan was a big move and he's starting across from Cam Wake. 

I can't see them publicly financing another stadium after when the Marlins pulled

Impossible!  They were 7-9 last year with wins over powerhouses like the Chargers, Raiders, Chiefs and Panthers (twice). 

lol  The Bucs have a ton of talent on that team and its going to be tough to get out of there with the win IMO.

Let's do this.  What's the plan vs Revis?   Hide from him and try not to let him beat us? Or attack the living crap out of him and let's see if that knee is 100% ?  I might be silly, but I would really love to see sending a physical Hill straight at Revis down the sideline all day.  Feast or Famine.

lol  The Bucs have a ton of talent on that team and its going to be tough to get out of there with the win IMO.

Let's do this.  What's the plan vs Revis?   Hide from him and try not to let him beat us? Or attack the living crap out of him and let's see if that knee is 100% ?  I might be silly, but I would really love to see sending a physical Hill straight at Revis down the sideline all day.  Feast or Famine.

We're supposedly the 32 best team. I guess we shouldn't be favorties against anybody.  The Jets have a bad QB and questionable WRs.  Why should Revis matter?  It's one of the reasons we weren't supposed to want him.

We're supposedly the 32 best team. I guess we shouldn't be favorties against anybody.  The Jets have a bad QB and questionable WRs.  Why should Revis matter?  It's one of the reasons we weren't supposed to want him.

I wasn't asking for a passive aggressive response toward what everyone thinks man. lol     I was asking you, someone who'a thoughts I tend to agree with a lot of the time, what you thought about a specific question. 

I have very little interest in why Revis should matter. He does and you know it.  It's his first game for a team other than the Jets... against the Jets, while coming off of an injury and being traded.  It's a big deal.

Jeesh. so mean

Dolphins look closer to contenders?  At best, they're the 2010 Jets without the running game or LT.

I wasn't asking for a passive aggressive response toward what everyone thinks man. lol     I was asking you, someone who'a thoughts I tend to agree with a lot of the time, what you thought about a specific question. 

I have very little interest in why Revis should matter. He does and you know it.  It's his first game for a team other than the Jets... against the Jets, while coming off of an injury and being traded.  It's a big deal.

Jeesh. so mean

I don't see why the Jets would go at Revis.  I expect them to do what Mornhinweg does.  Dump a ton of balls to the backs.  It might make sense to go at him early a couple of times just to keep the D honest, but I don't think it's something I'd expect very often.  We can't even be sure he'll be on HIll.  Depends on if Holmes is ready.

First Jets' offensive play of the game: Jets line Vlad up at TE and tell him to go take out Revis' knee at all cost.  What's the worst that can happen, Vlad gets suspended?  Talk about your win-win situations.

First Jets' offensive play of the game: Jets line Vlad up at TE and tell him to go take out Revis' knee at all cost.  What's the worst that can happen, Vlad gets suspended?  Talk about your win-win situations.

Vlad would turn and take out Geno's knee and Sanchez would start by default or some crazy crap like that.  That's how that would roll. Vlad protects Sanchez after all.   :D

Dolphins look closer to contenders?  At best, they're the 2010 Jets without the running game or LT.

this thread is underrating Ryan tannehill. As Jets fans we hope he sucks. but his completion % was 58.3 as a rookie. 

I don't see why the Jets would go at Revis.  I expect them to do what Mornhinweg does.  Dump a ton of balls to the backs.  It might make sense to go at him early a couple of times just to keep the D honest, but I don't think it's something I'd expect very often.  We can't even be sure he'll be on HIll.  Depends on if Holmes is ready.

If there is anything I've learned it's that the logical ( whoch your post was) plan rearely happens. I could honestly se the logic behid attacking Revis his first day back on the job in an attempt to support Idziks first big move.  On the other hand it sounds Tannyesque as far as mentalities go. Maybe I would just love to see him burned badly week one. Who knows?

.... wait.... I do.  :D

Run Chris Ivory to his side blocking everyone but him.  Revis never shied away from contact as a Jet.  Maybe now as a mercenary playing for actual money and not gurantees that changes?

this thread is underrating Ryan tannehill. As Jets fans we hope he sucks. but his completion % was 58.3 as a rookie. 

Hopefully his hot wife divorces him, takes his kids and he crumbles to a shell of his formally potentially good self.  

Yeah, I just pulled a number out of my butt. That's why I said LOL, wasn't questioning your logic.

Yeah, if you consider middle of the pack to be somewhere within the middle 28 or 30 teams.

LOL

tl;dr but I'm assuming this is Ape trying to make the case that the Jets are a playoff contender?

What I'm saying is we'll win more than 3 games, and be taken seriously by week 12.

Battling for second? Yep folks.  The Ape is a jet fan

Tom Brady. 

Perhaps, but he's not going to stand a chance without a LT.

The fins are talking with WInston. Maybe he can be a god LT for them.   I don't know what the deal is witht this guy.  I thought he was a very good RT, but he has been cut twice in two years by two different clubs. Weird. Something must be up.

The Jets haven't even looked at him and RT was a glaring hole last season and is not our strong suit today.

Run Chris Ivory to his side blocking everyone but him.  Revis never shied away from contact as a Jet.  Maybe now as a mercenary playing for actual money and not gurantees that changes?

I fully expect us to beat the Bucs week one. Freeman will have an awfull night and we will run it down their throat. The Bucs front 7 is incredibly weak,

Exactly

The difference is their coach. Philbin seems like the real deal to me. I think he'll be around along time. A Coughlin type.

Ireland is doing all of this as a last resort to save himself, Tanny I felt was under pressure from Woody all the time to do stupid stuff to sell tickets.

Huge moves?

They were mostly high-cost moves, for players that will never live up to their contracts. LOL

Well let's start with week one? We beating the Bucs?

Well, I think Rex can stymie Josh Freeman with his schemes.  And Freeman will turn it over.  So yes, thereis a good chance.  It is a home game, isn't it?

Archived