Hey...Hey...Hey....

Section 333

I never said give up on these guys. But maybe you repeat it enough times people will "remember" me saying that.

From June 12:

it's not that complicated. If geno was the franchise QB he'd overcome all that and be working with the first team right now. FQB don't need doors opened for them, they kick them down.

Also:

This is called reductio ad absurdum by the way. Also known as the straw man. LIttle kids do it alot.

if you tell them hey johnny don't eat too much candy and they say FINE ILL NEVER EAT ANYTHING, AGAIN, EVER!

Straw man and reductio ad absurdum are not the same, I was engaging in neither, that example makes no sense, and this entire passage sums up your entire internet presence so tidily that it should be your signature.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh please.  You hated Slauson and thought he was a career backup at best and had no business getting drafted as highly as the bottom of round 6.  Then you said he wouldn't make the team and IF he did it's only because the Jets burned an almost-7th-round pick on him and Callahan coached him in college.

You basically felt he was a talentless waste of roster space and a complete and utter waste of a draft pick.  

Then the Jets decide to not re-sign him and now you're gushing about him.  Unreal.

You're forgetting my favorite part of it all.  Vlad was also actually better than Slauson but wasn't getting the start because of something something Callahan, something Rex, something else veteran.  Vlad was actually so much better than we all gave him credit for and clearly improving by the day.

Now that his arch-nemesis Idzik is running the show and Vlad is still here, Vlad's suddenly transformed (along with every other Jets OL not named Brick or Mangold) into the single worst player to ever play his position and Idzik is a moron for even having Vlad on the roster (in training camp, based on a pick he didn't make and under a contract he didn't sign him to).  Gotta love it.

Howard should be fine, Colon even if healthy is a penalty machine and Peterman will never return to form. Winters will be a beast, 3 years from now. I am "upset" because the dude who started this thread said the OL would be better (and you all agreed).

I agreed with nothing.  I disagree with your notion that this OL is instantly worse than last years, when they havent played a down of meaningful Football because they lost Brandon Moore and Matt Slauson.  You're making definitive statements but fail to realize that Brandon Moore could have hit the career wall and sucked donkey dick.  Beyond that, Matt Slauson shouldnt be very hard to replace.

So yeah, your statement might be the more ridiculous of the 2 even though both are completely baseless. .

Bit, for what its' worth I have to give you credit you don't hide behind a screename and are always consistent with your views. I also agree with your views about the current O-Line.

Actually, he's really not consistent at all.  Consider that, for many many years, he was always the first one taking issue with any posters who criticized a draft pick that they believed had proved to suck within his first few years (sometimes longer) in the league.  Yet now he's the one criticizing numerous of the picks Idzik made with just one preseason game on their resumes, which is far worse than any of those he used to so often chide for not giving drafts enough time.  The truth is, he lets his personal feelings taint his viewpoints as badly as anyone on this board.  Don't get me wrong, it happens to all of us at times to an extent, but it's recently gotten out of hand.

Actually, he's really not consistent at all.  Consider that, for many many years, he was always the first one taking issue with any posters who criticized a draft pick that they believed had proved to suck within his first few years (sometimes longer) in the league.  Yet now he's the one criticizing numerous of the picks Idzik made with just one preseason game on their resumes, which is far worse than any of those he used to so often chide for not giving drafts enough time.  The truth is, he lets his personal feelings taint his viewpoints as badly as anyone on this board.  Don't get me wrong, it happens to all of us at times to an extent, but it's recently gotten out of hand.

Whoa, he's feeling whose taint?

Yes, he's consistent with his view points on a Jets message board. Bit gets attacked for ridiculous things on here constantly and yet he doesn't run and hide. Standing up for himself isn't a bad thing.

Yes, he's consistent with his view points on a Jets message board. Bit gets attacked for ridiculous things on here constantly and yet he doesn't run and hide. Standing up for himself isn't a bad thing.

No, he just deletes out all of the parts of the posts he quotes which prove him wrong and/or for which he has no defense, and then proceeds to thump his chest about his great victory.  I suppose it's just a difference of opinion about whether or not that's actually better.

No, he just deletes out all of the parts of the posts he quotes which prove him wrong and/or for which he has no defense, and then proceeds to thump his chest about his great victory.  I suppose it's just a difference of opinion about whether or not that's actually better.

Lord, everyone jump on and rip the guy, good times!!!

JiF most underrated at taking crap since 2008!

Much better.  Thanks!

We missed you for  a week- Bit was the punching bag in your place

Yeah, I was sincerely concerned about my obsessed followers (ie: TomShane and co.), when I was gone.  They must have been lost not following me from thread to thread responding to my every post.    

Lord, everyone jump on and rip the guy, good times!!!

Huh?  How is what I said even ripping the guy?  The point I made is simply a true statement.  If you don't believe me, feel free to go back and look for yourself, he's rather notorious for it.

Even if we accept your concept that it truly is "everyone" who feels the need to "rip the guy", would the evidence not then suggest that perhaps he is doing something to elicit these reactions?  There are plenty of people on these boards who have unpopular opinions (myself included), but don't manage to find themselves in these situations, so there has to be a reason for it.

You should - you think Kyle Wilson is a solid corner  - did you like the "hurdle" Friday night?

I did.  It was a nice move by Reggie Bush.

I guess that play was proof that Wilson sucks?  Because he's the first player in NFL history to be hurdled by a ridiculous athlete. 

I guess that play was proof that Wilson sucks?  Because he's the first player in NFL history to be hurdled by a ridiculous athlete. 

Nah ...  just another carrot into the pot ...

You should - you think Kyle Wilson is a solid corner  - did you like the "hurdle" Friday night?

You'd be hard pressed to find a more reliable 3rd strong corner than Wilson. As much as he sucks.

Now, that doesn't mean he isn't a bust as a 1st round guy, since you don't draft CBs in RD 1 to be third stringers. But, all 3rd string CBs in the league are going to get burned and look like crap at some point throughout the year. Probably several times. So let's keep things in perspective.

There's a lot of cognitive dissonance in this post and I apologize. Wilson just brings it out of me. He sucks but he sucks less than most guys who have the same responsibilities as he does. 

You'd be hard pressed to find a more reliable 3rd strong corner than Wilson. As much as he sucks.

Now, that doesn't mean he isn't a bust as a 1st round guy, since you don't draft CBs in RD 1 to be third stringers. But, all 3rd string CBs in the league are going to get burned and look like crap at some point throughout the year. Probably several times. So let's keep things in perspective.

There's a lot of cognitive dissonance in this post and I apologize. Wilson just brings it out of me. He sucks but he sucks less than most guys who have the same responsibilities as he does. 

And he will be on the field a lot unless/until he's replaced by someone who can provide better follow coverage. I don't have the stats or the inclination to find them, but it sticks in my mind that for as much as he was burned there were as many times or more that he would have been toast except for an errant throw. I like the safety idea for him - he's not that undersized for the position.

I saw this Wayans brothers movie once where they were college basketball players, but Shawn Williams died from an arrhythmia and Marlon was super depressed and the crowd was booing him, like, a week later because he was missing so many shots, but then Shawn Williams came back as a ghost and would sneak around the court blocking shots and pulling opposing players' shorts down and tipping! Marlon's shots in and they won a title.

Just sayin'. It can happen.

Hundred bucks says its McKnight that dies?!

http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-and-videos/videos/811-Rex-Still-Starting-Jobs-Up-for-Grabs/91c1a0fb-fec9-4357-9ac1-85c43546c645

Check out the above video.  It's a post TC media session, but Rex busts out some game-video before answering questions. The "hurdle" play is the first clip he discusses. 

The skinny: players in this defense are taught to "take their shot" because the rest of the team "has their back".  In the "hurdle" play, Wilson takes an aggressive shot at jarring the ball carrier, knowing that seven of his teammates (Sheldon Richardson included) are there to provide support.  I think this approach (due to our increased speed) is going to yield a lot of turnover causing hits.  

It's a new look defense.  Can't Wait. 

http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-and-videos/videos/811-Rex-Still-Starting-Jobs-Up-for-Grabs/91c1a0fb-fec9-4357-9ac1-85c43546c645

Check out the above video.  It's a post TC media session, but Rex busts out some game-video before answering questions. The "hurdle" play is the first clip he discusses. 

The skinny: players in this defense are taught to "take their shot" because the rest of the team "has their back".  In the "hurdle" play, Wilson takes an aggressive shot at jarring the ball carrier, knowing that seven of his teammates (Sheldon Richardson included) are there to provide support.  I think this approach (due to our increased speed) is going to yield a lot of turnover causing hits.  

It's a new look defense.  Can't Wait. 

So ... Wilson trying to slide at Reggie Bush's ankles and take him out was good because he was "taking his shot"? It looked to me like a Kerry Rhodes style ( league leader in guys hopped over ) missed tackle.  

So ... Wilson trying to slide at Reggie Bush's ankles and take him out was good because he was "taking his shot"? It looked to me like a Kerry Rhodes style ( league leader in guys hopped over ) missed tackle.  

That's not how I saw it.  It was a low-lunge for sure, but Wilson's not a huge guy...they teach you to go low.  If I had to guess, I'd say he was aiming just below the zipper. 

Archived