We all HATE Sanchez, curious to know what my fellow fans would rather see

Jacked4JetsFB

How done are we with Sanchez?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather see?

• Sanchez start, do well, Jets win
    • Geno start, do not so well, Jets lose

We don't ALL hate Sanchez. Here is my take: if no-one can beat him for the starting job, he must be the best we have. Having said that, if he is the best we have, blame Tannebaum, Rex or Idzik for not drafting better. Geno got hurt RUNNING AWAY from tacklers, not ready to hand him the starters spot.

If it means the end of Sanchez, SIGN ME UP!

No way, buddy.  When the Jets lose, I am miserable the following day.  As in, my Mondays I go into work and get hassled by everyone who knows I'm a Jets fan--which is everybody. 

p.s.  I like Sanchez. 

No way, buddy.  When the Jets lose, I am miserable the following day.  As in, my Mondays I go into work and get hassled by everyone who knows I'm a Jets fan--which is everybody. 

p.s.  I like Sanchez. 

I am miserable every time I have to watch a Jets game and see Sanchez pretending to be a QB. Even when they were winning, if they had a real QB we would have easily won 3 SB's in the past 4 years.

I am miserable every time I have to watch a Jets game and see Sanchez pretending to be a QB. Even when they were winning, if they had a real QB we would have easily won 3 SB's in the past 4 years.

Now this I can agree with. I would say with an above average QB Jets win it all Rex's first or second year.  Line went to crap after that.

This thread started out badly, now it has turned absurd...3 SB's? please...

Too vague a question.

I'd rather see Sanchez win if he started playing like a top end QB.  I'd rather Geno lose if Sanchez winning was akin to 2009/10 where he is the weakest link on an otherwise good team.  Unfortunately, those AFC Championship loses are the reason we're in as bad a shape as we are now.  For that, as Jetfan13 points out, I very much blame Tannenbaum and Rex.

As your captain, and a vocal Sanchez "hater", I'm telling you to STAND DOWN.  You're making us look ridiculous.

Too vague a question.

I'd rather see Sanchez win if he started playing like a top end QB.  I'd rather Geno lose if Sanchez winning was akin to 2009/10 where he is the weakest link on an otherwise good team.  Unfortunately, those AFC Championship loses are the reason we're in as bad a shape as we are now.  For that, as Jetfan13 points out, I very much blame Tannenbaum and Rex.

This is essentially what I was going to say.  A sh*tty Sanchez surrounded by a successful team does the Jets no good.  In the process, we get to keep watching a QB that needs to be gone from this team and learn absolutely nothing about the Jets (possible) QB of the future.  That ultimately leaves the Jets in the same exact position next year as they are in this one.  In that case, I'd rather watch Geno and see what we've got in him, even if the answer is nothing, so a no solution can be pursued.

That said, if Sanchez miraculously learned how to play QB like a true franchise QB, then I'd be all for that.  And I'm talking the real deal, not some of this horse sh*t his apologists have tried to praise him for over the years, I mean proving beyond doubt for an entire season (and beyond) that he's turned it around and has the ability to hang with the league's top QBs while making those around him better instead of using them as an excuse for his own failures.

If Geno was 0-8 after 8 games how would that make Sanchez done?  This thread is very confusing.

If the Jets are 0-8 with Sanchez, at least there is hope Smith would come in this year or next and at least challenge to be the QB of the future. It still would suck though.   If they are 0-8 with Smith and he isn't any good, it's beyond depressing.   It would mean this 'new' regime picked a bad QB and who knows who the hell they will pick next year and I'm not sold on those guys being for sure QBs of the future either.  It would also mean the new OC sucks, the players they signed and drafted suck, and so on. So yeah, that would be depressing.   An 0-8 team would mean this regime might not have a clue how to build a winner no matter who is QB.

It's not a possible scenario as there's simply no way anyone can have a worse season as a quarterback than Sanchez did last year; if our team is talented enough to have a winning record with Sanchez, they sure as hell are talented enough to have a winning record with Geno.  I don't think they are talented enough, so I'd rather develop our young guys so they are ready to take a leap going into the next two years, where we can really make some noise.   

if our team is talented enough to have a winning record with Sanchez, they sure as hell are talented enough to have a winning record with Geno. 

actually it is possible for Geno to be worse than Sanchez, it's happening almost every practice. 

headbandz 4 life

It's not a possible scenario as there's simply no way anyone can have a worse season as a quarterback than Sanchez did last year; if our team is talented enough to have a winning record with Sanchez, they sure as hell are talented enough to have a winning record with Geno.  I don't think they are talented enough, so I'd rather develop our young guys so they are ready to take a leap going into the next two years, where we can really make some noise.   

You can develop guys from the bench.  see Kaepernick circa 2012. 

Hmmmmmm

Let me get this right.    Your a Jets fan, but you would rather see Smith being the QB, and being 0-8, then Sanchez being the QB and being 5-3.  Which means he has beaten some pretty good teams, and probably will make the play offs because after the bye the schedule softens.

Must be a new age outlook on being a fan of a team.................................Or something

You can develop guys from the bench.  see Kaepernick circa 2012. 

Fair enough, but then see Luck, Wilson and RG III circa 2012 or Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco or even Ben Roethlisberger.  It's not your father's NFL anymore, plenty of kids are being developed in games.  We know the ceiling of Mark Sanchez; even with the best running game and defense in the NFL and one of the best olines in a decade he was still not able to get us there.  I'm sorry if I don't feel like just barely making the playoffs to only lose and have our team stagnate.  There's a bluto blutarsky chance of us ever winning a SB with him and the quicker we're distanced, the better for our franchise.

Archived