Sanchez injury - Good thing/Bad thing

slowmoe57

21 members have voted

1. 1. Sanchez injury -- Good thing/Bad thing ???

• Good
    • Bad

Well here we are on the cusp of another fun filled season of Jets football.

Thanks to a boneheaded decision by Rex Ryan has turned the QB controversy into a whole new light.

The saying "Be carefull what you wish for...." screams out on this one. So like many of you I never wanted to see Sanchez on

the football field ever again let alone wearing a Jets uniform.    But here we are a possible long term injury can keep him out for

an extensive period of time and this is what we have -- Geno did not not look good but IMO 1st real time playing in an NFL atmosphere

and c'mon guys mistakes will be made. Simms -- he sure looked good carving up the 3rd and 4th stringers. McElroy -- ummm no

Sure they may bring in some has beens and wanna be's to fill the void but no way will they servicable short term.

So Sanchez Injury Good thing or Bad -- I reluctantly say Bad thing

Mark gets sh*tted on by fans and media every second.. Which i agree most of the time he deserves it but being happy about some ones injury on YOUR FAVORITE TEAM ? that's sick.. He May suck but that's an innocent man that got injured playing for us. He didnt get injured killing some one or robbing a bank.. Chill the **** out cheering for that kinda stuff

Mark gets sh*tted on by fans and media every second.. Which i agree most of the time he deserves it but being happy about some ones injury on YOUR FAVORITE TEAM ? that's sick.. He May suck but that's an innocent man that got injured playing for us. He didnt get injured killing some one or robbing a bank.. Chill the **** out cheering for that kinda stuff

I had no idea his arm go amputated. Link?

I save it for people that are actually suffering, not multi millionaires playing a game that got a boo boo and now don't even have to work for the money that they are being overpaid.

I don't care if he's rich or not... That's irrelevant to the fact Sanchez was injured and people are happy about it. If a billionaire gets injured protecting his family does it make it any less important or stand as a good thing then a man on minimum wage getting injured for that..? Ok then.

I don't care if he's rich or not... That's irrelevant to the fact Sanchez was injured and people are happy about it. If a billionaire gets injured protecting his family does it make it any less important or stand as a good thing then a man on minimum wage getting injured for that..? Ok then.

How many tears do you HAVE?

I dislocated my shoulder completely playing hardball a few years ago, had my eye socket fractured getting jumped some years before that. I currently have an infected ingrown toenail. Go cry. Cry for me.

You ****in people make me sick. How the **** can an injury be a good thing ever?

This is the same fanbase the cheered when Pennington got injured. My intent was not cheering the injury but what this will do for the franchise long term. I wish no harm on anyone especially the QB who did (sigh) give us the best chance to compete.

For crying out loud - lose the righteous indignation, and spare me the "Jet pride" bullsh*t! I love the Jets, but it's an entertainment business! I'm not willing to get all West Side Story (see what I did there) for a bunch of millionaires who buttfumble. Don't act like he saved a company of Rangers in Afghanistan. Do you remember a team called the Baltimore Colts? How bout the Los Angeles Rams? Maybe the Los Angeles Raiders? St. Louis Cardinals? Cleveland Browns? Perspective.

Of course its a bad thing.  He got injured and injuries are bad things.  He was going to be the best back up in the league behind Geno.  Having a great back up who not only can play the game at a high level and win games is important but he was also a leader in the lockerroom.  Players respect him.  Thats a great thing to have around for your franchise QB. 

I'm certain the OP was asking a question about the Jets team and what the injury could potentially mean to the Jets as a team and how it either helps or hurts the Jets team development ( see.. there's a pattern here ... Jets team ... ) .... It's wonderful to see we have such humanitarian members on this site that they would be vehement, one to the degree of personal illness, in their convictions that an individuals well being came before a game or sport.

I'm, again, certain that the OP saw this as a given and that no one would want to see a young man who's worked hard but has shown he likely doesn't have the skill set to help out the Jets team long term get injured.

I, therefore, as it relates to the Jets team and their development, believe it would be helpful to eliminate a contestant in the QB contest that has shown repeatedly that he is not a viable long term answer at QB. The fact that he got injured is unfortunate, but has nothing to do with the question or the poll.   

I'm certain the OP was asking a question about the Jets team and what the injury could potentially mean to the Jets as a team and how it either helps or hurts the Jets team development ( see.. there's a pattern here ... Jets team ... ) .... It's wonderful to see we have such humanitarian members on this site that they would be vehement, one to the degree of personal illness, in their convictions that an individuals well being came before a game or sport.

I'm, again, certain that the OP saw this as a given and that no one would want to see a young man who's worked hard but has shown he likely doesn't have the skill set to help out the Jets team long term get injured.

I, therefore, as it relates to the Jets team and their development, believe it would be helpful to the eliminate a contestant in the QB contest that has shown repeatedly that he is not a viable long term answer at QB. The fact that he got injured is unfortunate, but has nothing to do with the question or the poll.   

Just like I mentioned in post number 20 -- Thanks John

Of course its a bad thing.  He got injured and injuries are bad things.  He was going to be the best back up in the league behind Geno.  Having a great back up who not only can play the game at a high level and win games is important but he was also a leader in the lockerroom.  Players respect him.  Thats a great thing to have around for your franchise QB. 

I had that talk this morning.  he was 36th in QBR last year.  he has value.  value as a quality back up.  of course he gets paid like a quality starter, but can't fix that right now

I, therefore, as it relates to the Jets team and their development, believe it would be helpful to the eliminate a contestant in the QB contest that has shown repeatedly that he is not a viable long term answer at QB. The fact that he got injured is unfortunate, but has nothing to do with the question or the poll.

Good post, and I agree. Removing Sanchez from this situation is good for him and the team. He'll get to go somewhere next year and try to reinvent himself (not unlike Vince Young), while the Jets can officially get to Ground Zero and start rebuilding in earnest.

Archived