What about a trade to acquire Kenny Britt?

joewilly12

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr. Tannebaum has left the building.  Pretty sure Mr. Idzik doesn't take his cues from JN.

But we can get a malcontent WR one bust away from the state penitentiary for 12 games and all it will cost is a fifth round draft pick. Plus, he's on his last year so we blow the pick and have nothing to show for it next season except a hole in our draft board...which is cool. I don't see the downside.

But we can get a malcontent WR one bust away from the state penitentiary for 12 games and all it will cost is a fifth round draft pick. Plus, he's on his last year so we blow the pick and have nothing to show for it next season except a hole in our draft board...which is cool. I don't see the downside.

How many draft picks are busts anyway?   The risk is worth the reward if he returns to form.

Kenny Britt tweeted Tuesday he believes the Titans are "pullin' that Jared Cook card," and that 2013 will be his last season in Tennessee.

Oh boy. Britt is likely on to something — it seems quite likely he'll be allowed to walk in free agency — but his situation differs from Cook's in that he's actually been given a chance to make plays the past two seasons, he just hasn't. Nevertheless, it's an amusing metaphor. Benched for a stretch of Sunday's loss in Houston, Britt has just five catches through two games, and has graded out as a bottom-four receiver in Pro Football Focus' ratings. His tweet, which will likely soon be deleted, will only land him further in the doghouse.

Are you serious?  Why would you want that head case who isn't even that much better than Gates?

Oh my, your serious about this trade.  I was sure you were kidding

Everyone has been screaming here about how bad Hill sucks.  In two games he has caught 10 balls on 17 targets for 125 yards------Britt has  caught 5 balls on 11 targets for 43 yards. 

You really want to surrender a draft pick for him?    Hmmmmmmmm

This shows that we are more in agreement than it seemed earlier.

I watched him play all throughout his college career at RU he also had a great first season as a Titan.

The Jets need WR help any idiot can see that. Britt is in a contract year worse case scenario you use him this season and he's gone the next or he has a decent season and you sign him long term.

Heard his name?  Really?

So you absolutely waste a 5th round pick on a one-year rental of a player who's likely to keep being the same slacking POS here that he was in TN?  Real smart.

A change in scenery won't do Kenny Britt any good. A change in careers will.

What kinds of things do you think Kenny Britt could do in the real world?  The NFL WR position is reserved for malcontents.  Almost nowhere else in society would they be effective.  SEE:  Irvin, Michael; Moss, Randy; Burress, Plaxico; Holmes, Santonio; Rogers, Charles; Young, Titus; Owens, Terrell; Johnson, Chad/Ochocinco, Chad.........or below (Arrests since 2011):

f0c33f8d18ce287cba4956b9acf0458a.jpg

What kinds of things do you think Kenny Britt could do in the real world?  The NFL WR position is reserved for malcontents.  Almost nowhere else in society would they be effective.  SEE:  Irvin, Michael; Moss, Randy; Burress, Plaxico; Holmes, Santonio; Rogers, Charles; Young, Titus; Owens, Terrell; Johnson, Chad/Ochocinco, Chad.........or below (Arrests since 2011):

f0c33f8d18ce287cba4956b9acf0458a.jpg

Somebody doesn't understand what a joke is.....

Edwards had relatively minor issues. He's a decent guy.

Britt is a bad guy.

I think his point was that a team absolutely would deal a skill position player with high upside this early.  Britt being a bad guy helps his argument rather than works against it.  Plus Edwards was still starting when we traded for him, and Britt isn't.  Edwards didn't have nearly the bad blood with the Browns that Britt has right now with the Titans.

His point wasn't about how good the player is we're trading for, using Edwards as the comparison.  Rather he was pointing to the idea that another team WOULD be willing to give up someone like Edwards this early so Tennessee trading Britt right now isn't that far-fetched at all.  In other words, he's looking at it from the Cleveland/Tennessee POV, not the Jets' POV.

As to whether we SHOULD do it, or as to the potential benefit to the Jets, that is a separate discussion.

fairly sure the Jets can get Kenny Britt for a song in the offseason. He's a free agent right? you don't trade for rentals when the team isn't a contender.

I tend to agree.  Only possible reason is that he's SO talented that maybe, if a change of scenery is all he needed, he could turn his career around and we could basically get something for nothing.  

I don't see how learning from Santonio Holmes is going to make him a better person, plus NYC provides just a wee bit more peripheral distraction than Nashville.  Also Geno Smith, at this point, isn't exactly going to make everyone around him better in the way that Tom Brady would if NE decided to pick him up for nothing.  On top of that, Rex doesn't exactly come across as a strict disciplinarian either (not that Britt seems likely to respond to that).  Tampa, with Schiano, might be his best landing spot if they needed a starting WR, but with no real chance at starting there he'd probably just do his quitter routine there as well.

Pick him up for cheap after the season, if available, and make him earn a starting job.  Hell, make him behave himself well enough for a month-plus to earn the freaking roster spot in the first place.

I tend to agree.  Only possible reason is that he's SO talented that maybe, if a change of scenery is all he needed, he could turn his career around and we could basically get something for nothing.  

I don't see how learning from Santonio Holmes is going to make him a better person, plus NYC provides just a wee bit more peripheral distraction than Nashville.  Also Geno Smith, at this point, isn't exactly going to make everyone around him better in the way that Tom Brady would if NE decided to pick him up for nothing.  On top of that, Rex doesn't exactly come across as a strict disciplinarian either (not that Britt seems likely to respond to that).  Tampa, with Schiano, might be his best landing spot if they needed a starting WR, but with no real chance at starting there he'd probably just do his quitter routine there as well.

Pick him up for cheap after the season, if available, and make him earn a starting job.  Hell, make him behave himself well enough for a month-plus to earn the freaking roster spot in the first place.

The "Young Man" was busted two years ago running away from a Hoboken undercover cop, after dropping a rolled blunt in the car wash. So my point is that his "boys", obviously as a Rutgers guy, are here, and in consideration that his WR Coaches do not like him, I don't know if we really want this guy around. A dogg is a dogg. If you're going to take plays off, forget it.

The "Young Man" was busted two years ago running away from a Hoboken undercover cop, after dropping a rolled blunt in the car wash. So my point is that his "boys", obviously as a Rutgers guy, are here, and in consideration that his WR Coaches do not like him, I don't know if we really want this guy around. A dogg is a dogg. If you're going to take plays off, forget it.

I wasn't even considering that aspect on top of it.  Pass.

Archived