Cleveland Browns open for trades.

joewilly12

Probably the Patriots are trying to acquire both of them.

Heres the skinny on Gordon.

Josh Gordon, WR, Baylor

6-3 | 224 lbs. | 4.50s

Bio: Started five of 13 games as a sophomore in 2010, finishing with 42 receptions, 714 yards and seven TDs. Saw action in nine games during the 2009 campaign. Suspended from the Baylor program in July 2011 for violation of team rules, then transferred to Utah. Forced to leave the Utah program due to financial constraints. Attempted to transfer to Houston for the 2012 season but was told he would have to sit out the season due to NCAA regulations.

Positives: Tall, fluid pass catcher with tremendous upside potential. Plays with great balance as well as body control. Has large, soft hands and easily makes the reception in stride. Consistent hand catcher and extends to make the reception away from his frame. Shows quickness into pass routes and uses his frame to shield away defenders and protect the ball. Displays good eye/hand coordination and makes the difficult reception with defenders draped on him. Quickly transitions from making the catch to running after the reception and keeps the play in bounds trying to pick up positive yardage. Deceptively fast for a large receiver. Effective downfield blocker.

Negatives: Rough around the edges and needs work on the details of the position. Lacks a quick release off the line of scrimmage and is a long strider who takes a while to get to top speed. Not a sharp route runner. Does not show a second gear on the field. Productive just one season on the college field.

Analysis: After Gordon's breakout campaign in 2010, NFL scouts were excited for his future before the suspension interrupted his career. He's a tremendous athlete who has an effortless style and possesses the physical abilities to develop into a No. 1 receiver at the next level. At one time considered a better prospect than former teammate Kendall Wright, the first-round pick of the Tennessee Titans last April. Gordon will need time to develop his game, but he's worth the risk of a second-round selection. Second Round.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...012/index.html

Thanks.  Unneeded but thanks.  My point is you build from within makes moves that put you over the top.  I liked Boldin trade for the 49ers...cause their in contention...Gordon can help the Jets get another win or two.  Doubt Idzik chooses this path...but continue to cheer for it.  I'm sure Manish or Dick will comment on it soon enough.

Wait NJ didn't we get Braylon ? Who was a big help to our Offense when he came ? Sure we got the pick for Sanchez who crapped the bed but that does not mean it was not a good trade because we misused the pick . I say exploit Cleveland for all they got LOL if it makes sense of course :)

You are right bro - the Braylon acquisition was we after traded up with Mangini for ritalin boy. My mistake  - I'm a huge Braylon (as a Jet) advocate after initially wanting to puke upon hearing that news.

He's worth a 2nd.  Easy.  

Nope, all you have to do is KNOW HOW TO DRAFT. All you have to do is find someone as good as Gordon in the first round of this years draft, since that seems to be what people here are advocating. Using a first on a receiver (and probably paying him more than Gordon, waiting a year or two for him to develop) and using the third you'd save on not trading for Gordon on God knows what. Because you know, we're right under the cap next year. Only forty million under.

Gordon is different than most guys you trade for mid-season.  First, it's not mid-season; it (will be) week 4.  Next, those guys - like Holmes - are traded because they're going to be FAs and their teams have no intention of signing them to new deals after the current season.  Gordon has this year plus 2 more seasons on a new deal he signed last year.  Cleveland already paid his signing bonus last year & he doesn't cost dick for the next 2 years after this one:  

7/16/2012: Signed a four-year, $5.342 million contract. The deal contains $3.8 million guaranteed -- a $2.324 million signing bonus, Gordon's first two base salaries, and $380,000 of his third-year salary. 2013: $632,802, 2014: $825,604 (+ $50,000 workout bonus), 2015: $1,068,406 (+ $50,000 workout bonus), 2016: Free Agent

Now the downside, which is being ignored by those who are using a 3 year old draft profile and...his next offense (which will likely happen sooner or later) probably gets him suspended for half a season.  

Maybe we can work it out with a salary swap where our pick has the condition that they have to take Santonio Holmes and the rest of his salary, lol.  Then we can push another $5M+ to next year's space.  Of course it's ridiculous, but I wish for this to happen if we do anything that costs us a pick.

Gordon is different than most guys you trade for mid-season.  First, it's not mid-season; it (will be) week 4.  Next, those guys - like Holmes - are traded because they're going to be FAs and their teams have no intention of signing them to new deals after the current season.  Gordon has this year plus 2 more seasons on a new deal he signed last year.  Cleveland already paid his signing bonus last year & he doesn't cost dick for the next 2 years after this one:  

7/16/2012: Signed a four-year, $5.342 million contract. The deal contains $3.8 million guaranteed -- a $2.324 million signing bonus, Gordon's first two base salaries, and $380,000 of his third-year salary. 2013: $632,802, 2014: $825,604 (+ $50,000 workout bonus), 2015: $1,068,406 (+ $50,000 workout bonus), 2016: Free Agent

Now the downside, which is being ignored by those who are using a 3 year old draft profile and...his next offense (which will likely happen sooner or later) probably gets him suspended for half a season.  

Maybe we can work it out with a salary swap where our pick has the condition that they have to take Santonio Holmes and the rest of his salary, lol.  Then we can push another $5M+ to next year's space.  Of course it's ridiculous, but I wish for this to happen if we do anything that costs us a pick.

Is there some sort of statute of limitations on the next offense being the one that gets him suspended?

Is there some sort of statute of limitations on the next offense being the one that gets him suspended?

You mean if there's enough time between his next one and his prior one? Not that I'm aware of.  But if it's over 5 years they probably take that into consideration.  That doesn't apply to Gordon, though.  His last suspended game was 7 days ago.

Archived