For the experts, do we need to worry about those penalties?

JerryK

I'm only asking because I don't know.

Yesterday's flags kinda came out of nowhere.  We haven't had this many calls in recent games; was it just a statistical outlier?

Personally, I am so happy to see offense again that I really don't care.  Unless it happens again next week.

Ducasse and Wilson accounted for a disproportionate amount of the penalties.  I have no prediction about Ducasse going forward, but hopefully if the CS feels more comfortable with Milliner, we can see less of Wilson, who right now is hte Jet player i am most sick of (that being since Sanchez is sitting).

Looked like a bunch of angry guys trying to show the world they aren't as bad as everyone says.  I think the penalties go's away and the attitude stays.

That's how I see it as well.  Everyone has been sh*tting all over them, and they're pissed off about it.  

The penalties need to be addressed.  Especially the personal fouls.  Wilson let Stevie Johnson get in his head, and it hurt the team.

That's how I see it as well.  Everyone has been sh*tting all over them, and they're pissed off about it.  

The penalties need to be addressed.  Especially the personal fouls.  Wilson let Stevie Johnson get in his head, and it hurt the team.

Stevie Johnson was the only guy to give Revis fits as well.  I think Kyle was trying to impose his will on him.  Did a good job up until the back to back personal fouls.  LOL  He gave them a touchdown. Hope it doesn't happen again. 

Stevie Johnson was the only guy to give Revis fits as well.  I think Kyle was trying to impose his will on him.  Did a good job up until the back to back personal fouls.  LOL  He gave them a touchdown. Hope it doesn't happen again. 

Johnson is known to be a big time smack talker.  He did it with Revis.  He did it in 2011, mocking Plaxico (and getting fined by the league for it).  Wilson was the latest target, and it paid off for Buffalo.

Rex handled it properly.  He took him out for a few plays to let him cool off.

Well, 1/4 of those penalties came on one drive against Kyle Wilson. Really hope Milliner gets more acclimated as season goes on and maybe Walls plays well enough to take that Nickel spot from Wilson.

With the exception of that drive (and I agree that he killed us with those 15 yard personal fouls), Wilson actually played well yesterday.

The Jets are a magnet for bad penalties and always have been. The refs seem to go out of their way to FIND fault even where there is NONE. Manuel's fumble was a no-brainer, but I think old Scott Green got together with his cohorts and said, "Rex can't challenge so let's f- the Jets shall we?" They all agreed and it was so. There were several holding calls that should have gone against Buffalo but did not which again is par for the course. The refs don't respect the Jets or their HC's so they job them whenever they can, which is a lot. On most Sunday's the Jets have to beat the opponent AND the referees.

With the exception of that drive (and I agree that he killed us with those 15 yard personal fouls), Wilson actually played well yesterday.

He improved, but is he playing like a first round pick? No. I hope Walls and Milliner make it impossible for Wilson to see the field because he loses his cool and that is not leadership.

Ducasse could be one of those 550 lb benchpress/80 IQ combo platters that are hard to fix.

Ducasse lacks footwork which causes him to reach and that is bad. I would rather have a holding call than an injured QB though. I think Vlad is actually improving as he goes along which is encouraging.

Very much agree with those saying that Wilson had a pretty damn good game until his penalty implosion on that drive

He was playing really really well.  And some of those penalties were absolutely ridiculous and not a penalty at all.  Especially the final personal foul call.  Unreal they flagged that.

That said, he needs to be smacked around a little by the leaders in the club house.  That type of sh*t can cost a game...almost did.  

Discipline is lacking on this team. Two weeks of uncharacteristic behavior. Many of you say it's no biggie but let's keep an eye on how often they get penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct

This is the youngest team Rex has ever had, and it can be tough to get those young whiper snappers to cool down, and get smart.  It usually takes Veteran leadership to finally get the young chickens to understand that dumb penalties are not cool, I am not sure the Jets have enough smart savy veterans to corrale this, but I think it gets corraled based on Rex's track record to not have a heavily penalized team, sounds contradicting I know, but that's what I got lol.

He improved, but is he playing like a first round pick? No. I hope Walls and Milliner make it impossible for Wilson to see the field because he loses his cool and that is not leadership.

Minus those penalties, he was playing like one yesterday.  It doesn't justify the stupid penalties, but his play was very much up to par.

Archived