Could see 8-8 now after the good start....

Newark

Wanted an extremely high draft pick but D combined with Smith slinging it around is going to produce more wins than I thought in this watered down NFL. Would love a victory in Tennessee. Can see them beating Tennessee,Pittsburgh,Miami once, Cleveland,Oakland,Carolina and possibly Buffalo again. Would be ecstatic if they beat any in terms of NE,Atlanta,Miami,NO,Cincy orBaltimore. Not worried about the penalties ( defensive penalties were laughable after awhile ) and on offense replacing Ducasse will pretty much solve those. Love that Smith throws the long ball but can also throw a screen pass where after 4 years Sanchez can't do either. We'll see but Ryan has the D humming and MM is at least getting something out of this offense. Plus Jints are 0-3!! EVERYTHING IS GOOD!!! GO JETS!!!

Sanchez could throw a nice deep ball in his first few years in the league, and then he got messed up mentally.  He never could throw a screen pass, but you're right that the Jets could get 8 wins Newark.  I think the defense will keep them in almost every game.  The return games are a weak point, and that will hurt the Jets when the offense falters which it will eventually.  Smith is as good a pure passer as we've seen since Vinny which I said early in camp. Can't say how he will develop, but he can sling if if you give him time.  And he can run better than Sanchez too if you don't give him time.  The receivers are better than expected, and Powell can do some damage behing this offensive line especially if you spell him occasionally.  I always liked Powell even when other people bashed him following his rookie season.  I don't know....Rex will find some way to keep us viable, but this team will probably do something stupid before the year is up to push the playoffs out of the realm of the possible.  In the longrun it might be better to go 3-13 than 7-9, but if they can get Smith some posiitive experience, it might all be worthwhile....

This year is looking like a repeat of 2009 to me, we have a rookie QB, our defense is in top form, Peyton Manning is wrecking it, the AFC is crowded, the Patriots appear to be going into a "down year" by Belichick standards (meaning finishing 10-6/11-5), and the Bengals might win that division like in 2009.

With that said, before the season started I thought we had a legitimate shot at around 9 wins. I didn't buy into the media propaganda, not one bit. You have people in media who just say things without having done any study of the team and because they're on tv people somehow give what they say more weight than the random person who has actually looked at the facts. For example, for those of you who paid attention during the broadcast on Sunday, Albert asked Gannon if Rex is coaching for his job this season. Gannon said yes and backed this up by saying the Jets have endured two consecutive losing seasons; well that simply isn't true, it's been one losing season. Okay he made a mistake, but things like that should be common knowledge assuming he didn't know rather than just misspoke.

But in other instances, members of the media have been blabbering about the Jets lack of talent on both sides of the ball. Well, we have young developing talent that looks really promising on both sides of the ball, they just don't know about it for whatever reason. I don't want to assume the worst in people, but it seems to me that a likely reason for this is that it is easier for members of the media to ride the waves of Jets hate and adopt the trendy view of "Jets suck" without any substantial reasons to back it up or bothering to do any real research  into the team. If they did some research they would have known about how great Wilkerson is turning out to be, the improvements of Stephen Hill, how Kerley is starting to look like a draft steal, or how Demario Davis has added much needed speed and youth to our LBs. Even the most bare bones research would show that this stuff is going on in the organization, but no, it's much easier to watch the butt fumble on sports center, laugh at the Jets, and form shoddy views about the team.

Good to hear from you Newark..... Don't know why people get their undies in a knot over speculating on where we think this team will be at the end of the season? We've got 4 days to kill while we wait for the Tenn. game.... let's keep this board moving.

As I see it, if we get just 2 wins out of this next 6 game I think we can go 8-8. Anything above 2 wins and we get into 9-7 territory and maybe playoff contention. Go 1-5 we probably go 6-10/ 7-9 The last half of the schedule softens up a quite a bi. Anything is possible. Go Jets

Way to early to even remotely think about the final record and they've only barely beat two sh*tty teams and lost a very very ugly game to a division rival.

Both teams were considered better than the Jets at the start of the season and Tampa was considered to make a push now that they only had to defend half a field with the Revis trade.  Hoping for any record right now is kinda stupid because the chances of us going deep into the playoffs are not very good.  Yet if we improve every week and we find out if Geno is the man, we could make a reasonable run next year after a good draft.  

Winning is so much more fun than tanking for a high draft pick, especially coming off a 6-10 season when we had 2 high draft choices anyways.  April is a LONG ways away and not being able to enjoy a season beyond October/November sucks.

The storyline for the 2013 Jets is looking much more like RESURGENCE than rehabilitation.  Could all fall apart at any moment but I'm having fun so far.

Both teams were considered better than the Jets at the start of the season and Tampa was considered to make a push now that they only had to defend half a field with the Revis trade.  Hoping for any record right now is kinda stupid because the chances of us going deep into the playoffs are not very good.  Yet if we improve every week and we find out if Geno is the man, we could make a reasonable run next year after a good draft.

I have to be negative and think we're going to suck, I don't want to jinx it.

I enjoy the wins, but the should have lost to the Bucs,  they should have beat the Pats, and they should have blown out or been blown out by the Bills.     The only things we know so far is the Defense will keep this team in games.  Other than that Smith has improved, but he also turns the ball over a lot.   Their running game is an unknown.   The Receivers aren't all that impressive.  

I hope they go 8-8 or better, but they went 8-8 in 2011 and 6-10 last year.  If they go 8-8, but the WRs are still not very good,  the only RB who is any good is really a backup, Smith continues to throw picks,  and their top pick barely plays, who knows what they have next season.    Building a winning team means actually building a winning team.  Idziks free agent signings and (trades) haven't been all that impressive.   His first pick has been a disappointment.   So if Smith doesn't really progress and just plays like he has been,  I'm not buying the 8-8 is a good sign for next year.    For me,  8-8, with how they've played so far,  and firing Rex,   could mean a step backwards more than a step forward.    They have to show to me they actually know how to pick good players.  Good cheap players.   Especially if they wind up with the 20th pick or something.

You know the forum is "off" when the owner trolls all his members. 

My wife once met someone wearing a Jets shirt and mentioned JetNation to him.  His response was, "I hate the guy that runs that site".  True story.  I think I am pretty likeable..

Back on topic though, 12 and 4 isn't real.  I am still holding out hope for 10 and 6 though!

My wife once met someone wearing a Jets shirt and mentioned JetNation to him.  His response was, "I hate the guy that runs that site".  True story.  I think I am pretty likeable..

Back on topic though, 12 and 4 isn't real.  I am still holding out hope for 10 and 6 though!

To be fair, I didn't know it was your wife. wocka wocka wocka!

10 win season is do-able. We just have a brutal schedule coming up. 

My wife once met someone wearing a Jets shirt and mentioned JetNation to him. His response was, "I hate the guy that runs that site". True story. I think I am pretty likeable..

Back on topic though, 12 and 4 isn't real. I am still holding out hope for 10 and 6 though!

you're likeable enough. it was probably someone you banned for being a pervert.

Archived