Lets discuss the bad and ugly.

joewilly12

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need RB and WR help immediately. Did you just see the run Blount just made?  Green couldn't get 1 yard today.

Have you seen Blount ever play outside of this game? He's at best a backup RB who's had one decent season in the league.  Marty called a play on 4th and 1 that has had a high success rate when they have 9 guys in the box, they just played it perfectly.  What do you expect green to do when he catches the pitch and two guys are already within a foot from him?  Barry sanders nor Adrian Peterson could have done anything there.  You just need to learn to be a little less reactionary, it'll help ya from wanting to cut every person who makes a mistake. 

Have you seen Blount ever play outside of this game? He's at best a backup RB who's had one decent season in the league.  Marty called a play on 4th and 1 that has had a high success rate when they have 9 guys in the box, they just played it perfectly.  What do you expect green to do when he catches the pitch and two guys are already within a foot from him?  Barry sanders nor Adrian Peterson could have done anything there.  You just need to learn to be a little less reactionary, it'll help ya from wanting to cut every person who makes a mistake. 

Green was cut by GB for a reason. Id rather have Joe McKnight back and yes ive seen Blount in Tampa Bay and in college.

Cut Walls,Green,Obamanu,Gates immediately. 

Hill is not the answer at WR its time to bring back Braylon Edwards and possibly Terrell Owens or trade for someone.

Cedrick Benson would have got us that 1 yard that Alex Green couldn't.

The OL is terrible work to be done.

Discuss.

No way do you cut Walls.  he is the 4th CB and is young.  He is a definite keeper.  I do agree though they need to make a statement cut.  Ben O if he is cut nobody would notice.  I am thinking Gates especially since I wanted him cut last year.

If Gates was good, he would still be on the Dolphins.

hahahahah

I take it you didn't read any of it. The point of linking to this article is not there are stats logged by some bleacherreport writer in his mom's basement.  The purpose was that the bleacherreport writer cited someone else's stats:

The Notre Dame product actually began to flash with the Jets at the end of last year. When he was finally activated to the 53-man roster, Walls played 82 snaps without giving up a single catch and graded out as the best cornerback on the roster behind Revis and Cromartie, according to Pro Football Focus (subscription required).

Now that he has the attention of his coaches, Walls is slowly starting to be looked upon as a serious option at boundary corner. He got a significant amount of snaps opposite Kyle Wilson with the first team against the Giants in place of a nicked-up Cromartie. He gave up just two catches in 66 snaps and defended two passes.

By the end of the preseason, Pro Football Focus (subscription required) rated Walls as the single best cornerback of the preseason—in the entire NFL.

Meanwhile, the two players ahead of him on the depth chart, Kyle Wilson and Dee Milliner—both first-round picks—are tied for 137th out of 148.

This wasn't a "See? Even a guy who published an article on bleacherreport.com says he's good."  It was a "Here's a guy from bleacherreport that quoted a subscription-required article on Pro Football Focus."

Personally I found this quoted part interesting.

I take it you didn't read any of it. The point of linking to this article is not there are stats logged by some bleacherreport writer in his mom's basement. The purpose was that the bleacherreport writer cited someone else's stats:

This wasn't a "See? Even a guy who published an article on bleacherreport.com says he's good." It was a "Here's a guy from bleacherreport that quoted a subscription-required article on Pro Football Focus."

Personally I found this quoted part interesting.

I read it. The part I found most interesting was the part where Walls got toasted three times in the first ten minutes of the game.

I read it. The part I found most interesting was the part where Walls got toasted three times in the first ten minutes of the game.

I think there's a difference between 3 perfect passes getting completed and getting "toasted."  He's not the 2nd coming of Revis, clearly, but it would be cool if he turned into a decent player.  Nothing to laugh at.

It's his first NFL start. Cut him a little slack.

I think there's a difference between 3 perfect passes getting completed and getting "toasted." He's not the 2nd coming of Revis, clearly, but it would be cool if he turned into a decent player. Nothing to laugh at.

It's his first NFL start. Cut him a little slack.

He is a decent player. He's the 4th corner on a loaded defense. The only thing I'm laughing at is Carl going all mother-hen over an ND guy for the millionth time.

Can he though? The two long TDs required the WR's making plays. They were not totally clean long balls. And besides those two, I have seen him miss about 20 of them.

I don't think he can.  He puts no air under the long balls and seems to under throw them to boot.  Has no long ball touch imho.

The second half was the right time to give Simms a shot. The Jets need to see if he has anything before drafting a QB too. I personally have seen enough from Geno to know he is a joke.

Can you think of a worse QB performance from a Jets QB? The around the back fumble combined with the one handed fumble might be worse than the butt fumble.

I thought Walls played pretty good for his first start.

Seriously? Do you guys even remember how bad Mark was these last few years? I can think of about 5 and I'm not even trying that hard:

Sanchez's rookie year: 

1) 10-29 (34%) 119 yards, 0 tds 5 ints  -------------------> we lose 13-16

2) 8-21 (38%) 136 yards, 1 td, 4 ints, 1 lost fumble ----> we lose big to NWE

3) 18-32 (56%) 226 yards, 1 td, 3 ints --------------------> we lose 7-10

Sanchez's 2nd year (actually showed some improvement and has us hopefuly...:

1) 17-33 (51%) 164 yards, 0tds, 3 ints ---> we lose big to NWE

Sanchez's 4th year:

1)10-21 (48%) 97 yards, 0 tds, 3 ints --------------------> we win 7-6

2)13-28 (46%) 131 yards, 1 td, 4 ints, 1 lost fumble ---> we lose 10-14

Obviously we want Geno to be better than Mark, but a little persepective is needed here when we think that this is the worst game we've ever seen from one of our QBs. Even though he had an awful, awful game, he still looks like a more competent passer; 67% completion on 34 attempts for 290 yards.  Yes, he certainly needs to protect the ball more and if he doesn't he could be benched, but the kid actually shows promise as a passer and I think a little patience is needed considering it's been a quarter of a season of his rookie year.

The Jets are not better than the Titans. Especially on offense.

Walls played fine in his first start. Lest we not forget you wanted to cut Miliner after his first start. You're just a hater to be a hater for some reason. Locker was on today and putting the ball where only his receiver could get it. Walls was victim to that a few times but mostly his coverage was right on. Even Dierdorf said so.

The Jets are not better than the Titans. Especially on offense.

Walls played fine in his first start. Lest we not forget you wanted to cut Miliner after his first start. You're just a hater to be a hater for some reason. Locker was on today and putting the ball where only his receiver could get it. Walls was victim to that a few times but mostly his coverage was right on. Even Dierdorf said so.Rex likes to bigger young 

And the Titans, knowing how Rex likes to bugger young QBs, kept it simple for Locker. Marty seems determined to make Geno swallow the whole turkey.  Marty should tone it down, especially now that it looks like the Jets have a running game.  He can still take an occasional deep shot because Geno does have a big arm, but simplify things.  It is unfair to the kid.

Darrin Walls struggles for Jets, 'didn't get the job done' in replacing Dee Milliner

By Mack Burke/For The Star-Ledger

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Jets cornerback Darrin Walls seemed to have his hands a bit full filling in for the injured Dee Milliner in yesterday’s 38-13 loss to the Titans.

His rough day started with a third-and-long holding call that he had on Titans wide receiver Damien Williams that led to a Titans first down and field goal.

“I was really excited to go out there and play and get the opportunity to show why the coaches have confidence in me, but obviously, I don’t think I did enough out there to show how I can really play,” Walls said. “I didn’t get the job done today.”

But, before that, on the same drive, he was beat by Williams twice — once for 25 yards and another for 12 yards — and those catches were critical in the movement of the possession.

“I don’t think that I did the job that they wanted me to do,” Walls said. “I’m going to go out there and compete every day and go out there in practice and continue to get better.

“I’m just here to try to do my job.”

But wait, it kept getting worse for the Notre Dame alum.

With seven seconds left in the first half, clock winding down and the Titans in no-huddle formation leading 17-6, Walls was beat in the end zone by rookie wide receiver Justin Hunter for 16 yards and a touchdown.

“You go in there, then there’s only one play that they can run and that’s a shot in the end zone, and you know it’s coming,” Jets head coach Rex Ryan said. “Everybody in the ball park knows it’s coming. The only time they put (Hunter) in the game is to throw the jump ball and there’s a reason he came down with it.

“At the end of the day, you’ve got to go up and compete for the football.”

“I pretty much knew that they were going to take a shot into the end zone,” Walls said. “There was 14 seconds left or something like that, and I knew they were going to try to take a shot.

“(Hunter) won on that play.”

Walls gave up a total of 65 yards and the lone touchdown.

Walls is a joke Dierdorf loved the fact that the Titans owned him all damn day. 

If Walls is the best we have at CB this team is in trouble no matter how good the defense Is he will always be the weak link.

So Carl is a ND tooter? Figures.

Willie, let it go.  Very admirable on your part fighting all by yourself on this one; nevertheless it is a losing battle.  Stop fighting for pride.   Walls was beat by perfect passes.  I went over rewind it on my DVR and Revis would had been beaten on the TD.  I just don't know how you cannot see that Walls has been our only consistent DB.  He play tight coverage and always look for the ball. 

Willie, let it go.  Very admirable on your part fighting all by yourself on this one; nevertheless it is a losing battle.  Stop fighting for pride.   Walls was beat by perfect passes.  I went over rewind it on my DVR and Revis would had been beaten on the TD.  I just don't know how you cannot see that Walls has been our only consistent DB.  He play tight coverage and always look for the ball. 

I disagree the guy whiffs on tackles and isn't where hes supposed to be on coverage he didn't even jump on the 1 play yesterday to defend the ball.  Sadder is our #1 pick Kyle Wilson is on the bench for this guy.

Where's your buddy Larz at? crying in his broom closet?

lol.  when I saw the thread title, I knew you'd be in here looking for me.  if you think trolling is fun, you should try trolling the trolls.

I just decided last week you were right, if you guys want a crybaby thread, I should let you have a good cry

lol.  when I saw the thread title, I knew you'd be in here looking for me.  if you think trolling is fun, you should try trolling the trolls.

I just decided last week you were right, if you guys want a crybaby thread, I should let you have a good cry

You truly are a Muppet. you keep taking the bait. I'll just keep sitting back pointing and laughing at you. because I know deep down inside it really bothers you, and that's the hilarious part.

Archived