There's a reason Rex is a head coach while Rob is still a DC

Klecko73isGod

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on talent alone the Saints should have been at least a double digit favorite.

No one here can convince me Rex wasn't heavily involved in the OFFENSIVE gameplan today. 

That was impressive as hell from this team. 

Best win so far this year. :yes:

Rex may have had a hand in todays game plan or it could be Mornhinwig is making adjustments based on the lack of talent in the passing game . But with that being said its fine to give Rex credit for today based on how he out schemed Payton and Brees I think Rex did a fine Job but N.O. was hurting in the passing game as well missing 2 very good atheletes and his TE battling injury as well. No matter how you slice it lack of talent hurts every QB just as Tom Brady and Matt Ryan.

Comparing the brothers and claiming that's why Rex got a HC gig and Rob didn't is a bit of a stretch . You always go up aganist good candidates for head coaching jobs making the odds you actually land that type of job go against you The fact Rex got a shot and Rob did not has nothing to do with comparing the 2 men. Rex didn't even get the HC gig with a team he was DC for a while which means they probably were worried more about Rex's demeanor than anything else. Rob with the crazy hair and crazy comments may never get a job based on those same ideas and IMO that's why ROB didn't get one after he turned the Oakland D around a while back...you know the same D that fell on its face when Rob left/

That was Mangini, not Rex.

Yep ...I think the Brothers probably feel it better they don't bump heads on the same staff. No way in Hell that's ever going to happen. First time Rex wants to take away play calling from his brother they may just get into a fist fight on the sidelines lol

Yep ...I think the Brothers probably feel it better they don't bump heads on the same staff. No way in Hell that's ever going to happen. First time Rex wants to take away play calling from his brother they may just get into a fist fight on the sidelines lol

You don't mix family (or friendship) with business. It rarely works out.

Rex is 5-0 against Rob.

Prettysure the trophy for the Ryan Bowl is more important than the Lombardi (obviously) and I'd give it a marginally greater level of esteem than the Snoopy Trophy, but it depends on the year (obviously).

Dope.

Circus!

Remember how Rex wanted Rob as DC when he came here, but the Raiders wouldn't let him go?

This is true but a little misleading. Rex said if his brother can't find work elsewhere, he'll hire him. He never said as a DC. Probably as a position coach as Pettine was doing great here at the time.

Prettysure the trophy for the Ryan Bowl is more important than the Lombardi (obviously) and I'd give it a marginally greater level of esteem than the Snoopy Trophy, but it depends on the year (obviously).

Dope.

First of all, no one attacked you, so I don't know why you feel the need to attack me. 

Second, no one said or even remotely suggested that the "Ryan Bowl" is more important than the Lombardi so that is just a lame attempt to change the discussion.

So who is the dope? The guy who is merely pointing out the difference between the two brothers or the guy who is trying to turn that into a larger debate because he has decided that he doesn't like Rex Ryan and tries to turn every mention of the man's name into a referendum on his coaching tenure?

This is true but a little misleading. Rex said if his brother can't find work elsewhere, he'll hire him. He never said as a DC. Probably as a position coach as Pettine was doing great here at the time.

It's not true.  It's not true at all.  Mangini wanted to hire Rob.  They both worked under Belichick, but Rob was working for the Raiders.  When Mangini got the Cleveland job he hired Rob as DC and that was actually prior to the Jets finalizing the deal for Rex. .  

It's not true. It's not true at all. Mangini wanted to hire Rob. They both worked under Belichick, but Rob was working for the Raiders. When Mangini got the Cleveland job he hired Rob as DC and that was actually prior to the Jets finalizing the deal for Rex. .

I know that. Rex said that either last yr or the yr before. Mangini was out of the NFL by that time.

Rob was on the Cowboy's staff last year. He got fired and then said he'd have a new job in five minutes. He wasn't far off as I think he was offered the Saints job the following day.

Also false.  Ryan was announced as hired for the Rams job a day or two after he lost the Dallas job.  There was a bunch of speculation and before the deal was finalized it was called off.  There was a ton of speculation that he pulled his name to take the Saints job that he had to interview for and got about a month or so later.

Also false.  Ryan was announced as hired for the Rams job a day or two after he lost the Dallas job.  There was a bunch of speculation and before the deal was finalized it was called off.  There was a ton of speculation that he pulled his name to take the Saints job that he had to interview for and got about a month or so later.

I forgot about the Rams job. Point being, he wasn't out of work long. 

Rex's tenure as a HC is the reason why Rob is still a DC.

I know the maturation of Jordan and some of the other guys certainly helps, but his schemes and whatever else he brings certainly has turned that team around from pretty much last in everything to top 5 in a lot of categories.   

Speaking of Jordan, anyone remember when after Watt it was Jordan whom was considered the can't miss prospect and how everything thought we got rubed when Heyward was selected right after us? Man did they really nail that Wilkerson pick, he just keeps on getting better and it's only his 3rd year. Total mancrush.

Rex probably told him he would end up punching Schotty on the sidelines if he went to St. Louis

Rex Ryan tried to hire his twin brother Rob when he got the Jets' job two years ago, but Eric Mangini had hired him as the Browns defensive coordinator before the Jets offered their head coaching job to Rex. When Rex asked the Browns to release his brother, Mangini replied, "Give me a break, he's already here," Rex Ryan said Thursday. "I told him blood was thicker than water. They were not going to lose him."

But now that the Browns have fired Mangini, Rob Ryan could be available. He will be interviewed for the Carolina Panthers head coach opening, and Rex Ryan is optimistic his brother will get a job as a head coach or defensive coordinator. But he's got a safe and comfortable place to land if nothing is attractive.

"Without question, that would be an amazing opportunity for us if we could bring my brother in here," Ryan told the Daily News Thursday. "You want to surround yourself with as many good coaches as you can. We are fortunate here. We've got a lot of good coaches. Would I like to add my brother? Of course."

Ryan called Jets defensive coordinator Mike Pettine "an unbelievable coach," so Rob Ryan would not get that job, Rex said. "Rob has never really been in this system anyway," Rex said.

So what role would he have? "We would try to come up with something," he said. "If that opportunity was out there, I think the first guy that would come to me and want to do that would be (GM Mike) Tannenbaum and even (Jets owner) Woody (Johnson). I don't think we will have that opportunity. He will be at least a coordinator in this league, if not a head coach. I'm not the only one who recognized the guy is a great coach."

Speaking of Jordan, anyone remember when after Watt it was Jordan whom was considered the can't miss prospect and how everything thought we got rubed when Heyward was selected right after us? Man did they really nail that Wilkerson pick, he just keeps on getting better and it's only his 3rd year. Total mancrush.

That was me. Not my proudest moment. Rumor has it we tried to trade up for Jordan, FWIW.

Remember how Rex wanted Rob as DC when he came here, but the Raiders wouldn't let him go?

Is this a joke?  That was Mangni.  Rob was free and went to Cleveland with Mangini when we hired Rex.

It's not true.  It's not true at all.  Mangini wanted to hire Rob.  They both worked under Belichick, but Rob was working for the Raiders.  When Mangini got the Cleveland job he hired Rob as DC and that was actually prior to the Jets finalizing the deal for Rex. .  

I know that. Rex said that either last yr or the yr before. Mangini was out of the NFL by that time.

Rob sure as **** wasn't stopped by the Raiders from talking to the Jets last year.

WHAT THE **** DOES ANY OF THAT HAVE TO DO WITH THE RAIDERS?

When the **** did i say anything about the Raiders? U told me my stuff wasn't true. I never mentioned the Raiders, u did.

One of us missed something.  I don't think it was me.

Rob got thrown headlong out of Dallas because he sucked. Jeff Fisher, who has a professional death wish, hired Rob Ryan. Allegedly, Rob found out that Fisher wanted to oversee the defense himself (Fisher being a Buddy Ryan disciple), and Rob was butthurt, so Fisher let him creep off to the Saints. Coincidentally, (as Glazer reported) Sean Payton has already stepped in to "rein Rob Ryan in," simplifying the defense. Rob Ryan is garbage.

Archived