Really quite remarkably bad stats

joewillie78

In another thread, I asked if this was the worst 5 year stretch of QB ing we have seen and the official numbers are now out.

Over the past 5 years the JETS QB rating is 70.9

The only team with a worse rating over these 5 years is the team many guessed, its the Cleveland Browns who have had a 70.8, so by 1/10th of a point, the Jets are not the worst.

Over the past 5 years, JETS QB's have thrown 81 TD, and 90 INTS

Thats 16 tds/yr and 18ints/yr

Sanchez in 62 starts had a QB rating of 71.7 (only 2 QBS with that many starts are worse all-time and worst all-time to accumulate this rating with JUST ONE TEAM)

Smith this year has a 62.1 (worst in the NFL of all starters)

PERSPECTIVE:

Peyton Manning this year I believe had 16 tds by his 4th game and will easily have more than half of the total tds it took the Jets to get in 5 years, just this year.

The Jets avg 16 tds/yr or 1 td/game from their passing game, so approximately 7 points. So for the Jets to even avg lets say 17 points/game they would need an additional 10 points from the kicking game and the defense, and this obviously doesnt SUBTRACT pick 6 giveaways, and fumbles returned for tds.

By having 1 passing TD/game, if the Jets get down by more than 1 td, the game is basically over, unless the other team hands us points., but this is nearly impossible as the other team simply runs the ball, and then punts, knowing the Jets anemic offense.

5 years and 81 passing TD's, sorry but a change is desperately needed for this team to have any hope in the future.

62.1 QBR?

What were Quincy Carter's numbers?

his rating is dead last. 34th of the QB's who qualify .  his total QBR is 23, 37th out of 38

carters rating was a 98.  I sh*t you not

maybe someday we'll have someone as good as carter

In another thread, I asked if this was the worst 5 year stretch of QB ing we have seen and the official numbers are now out.

Over the past 5 years the JETS QB rating is 70.9

The only team with a worse rating over these 5 years is the team many guessed, its the Cleveland Browns who have had a 70.8, so by 1/10th of a point, the Jets are not the worst.

Over the past 5 years, JETS QB's have thrown 81 TD, and 90 INTS

Thats 16 tds/yr and 18ints/yr

They could start by finding a QB. Geno Smith and Mark Sanchez stats are almost identical through his first 11 games and that is a scary thought. I hope at least ONE QB becomes a FA after this season, and I am praying hard for Jay Cutler. Jets cannot seem to identify a GOOD college QB so maybe they can identify a solid NFL one.

Sanchez in 62 starts had a QB rating of 71.7 (only 2 QBS with that many starts are worse all-time and worst all-time to accumulate this rating with JUST ONE TEAM)

Smith this year has a 62.1 (worst in the NFL of all starters)

PERSPECTIVE:

Peyton Manning this year I believe had 16 tds by his 4th game and will easily have more than half of the total tds it took the Jets to get in 5 years, just this year.

The Jets avg 16 tds/yr or 1 td/game from their passing game, so approximately 7 points. So for the Jets to even avg lets say 17 points/game they would need an additional 10 points from the kicking game and the defense, and this obviously doesnt SUBTRACT pick 6 giveaways, and fumbles returned for tds.

By having 1 passing TD/game, if the Jets get down by more than 1 td, the game is basically over, unless the other team hands us points., but this is nearly impossible as the other team simply runs the ball, and then punts, knowing the Jets anemic offense.

5 years and 81 passing TD's, sorry but a change is desperately needed for this team to have any hope in the future.

I like joewilly - his threads are uplifting!

I Know. This one was especaiily uplifting. I didnt realize that it would take Peyton (4games) to accumulate as many touchdowns as the JETS get in an entire year, and to know that Peyton would never get in one year the amount of Td's the Jest have scored(81) in five years.

Also very uplifting was knowing the Jets Qb's over the past 5 years were not the worst, by 1/10th of a point. Its so nice to know that whenever you are feeling a bit down, that you can look at the JETS Qb ing and offensive stats under RYAN, and just want to go out and celebrate and drink yourself into oblivion.

Lies, damn lies, and statistics: 

During the first two years of these five we played for the conference title.  It's the last three years that we can't abide.  We had a stellar OL those first two years and one of the best run games in franchise hx. 

Sure we'd have had a MUCH better record with a good QB but contrary to popular wisdom it's not ALL about the QB.

OP, please crunch the numbers again but this time use the stats of the league average QB vs the Jets QB and the gap closes CONSIDERABLY.     

Lies, damn lies, and statistics: 

During the first two years of these five we played for the conference title.  It's the last three years that we can't abide.  We had a stellar OL those first two years and one of the best run games in franchise hx. 

Sure we'd have had a MUCH better record with a good QB but contrary to popular wisdom it's not ALL about the QB.

OP, please crunch the numbers again but this time use the stats of the league average QB vs the Jets QB and the gap closes CONSIDERABLY.     

Again, we are basing the numbers on the play of the QB the past 5 years, not the team. We all know we went to the conference championship game those 2 years, and we all also know that we had terrible QB play those 2 years and the 3 years since. I dont really care what the league average vs. the Jets was, I am simply pointing out that over the last 5 years, we have had Horrible, 2nd WORST only to the Browns by 1/10th of a point. You even said it yourself, the first 2 years we had "stellar OL, those first two years and one of the best run games" but you dont mention that the QB play was awful.

And I must be one of those "popular wisdom" people, because I believe it is all about the QB. Sorry.

Archived