"Godzilla" revamp/remake/movie might be the greatest one ever made.

SenorGato

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been a ton of 2001 homages in movies the best several years, IMO at a much higher rate than we used to see. Oblivion, WALL-E, Moon, Gravity...etc. Very cool to see how relevant today's directors consider Kubrick's work.

Absolutely nice to see, since his passing, I'm sure the younger generation of directors are more likely to pay homage then his contemporaries. But I remember reading something from Ridley Scott essentially saying it will never be bested. 

Absolutely nice to see, since his passing, I'm sure the younger generation of directors are more likely to pay homage then his contemporaries. But I remember reading something from Ridley Scott essentially saying it will never be bested. 

I completely agree. The funny thing with that is that Blade Runner is probably the one sci-fi movie that's emulated even more than 2001 is. Both movies bookend what's in my opinion the golden age for the genre. Close Encounters, Alien, Clockwork Orange, Star Wars/Empire, Silent Running, Solaris, Escape from New York, Logan's Run...a sh*tload others. After that sci-fi gets caught in this weird limbo period where CG just started emerging and it took a little while for it to find its footing again. A few hits every couple years like Robocop, Wrath of Khan, Aliens, Jurassic Park, T2, The Matrix...etc, but nothing like what was being churned out from '68 to '82. Kubrick really opened the door for all of that.

If you can prove that you paid to see the '98 version in theaters, they should let you into this one on the house.

What if you not only know there was a movie novel, but read it? What if you read the adult version and the young adult version? 

I was very into Godzilla. I read all that Marc Cerasini books too. 

The trailer looks alright but the Godzilla creature looks badass. 

No question.

I grew up watching old monster movies on rainy Sundays with my Mom. Godzilla. Kong. Dracula. Frankenstein. The classic sh*t, with some Abbott & Costello mixed in for good measure. I love that all of this stuff (like all good sci-fi) continually gets reinvented in what can only be described as "passion projects" by the modern day re-creators, like Peter King.

That dude is basically making the "epic movie" version of everything he loved as a kid. What a great job to have LOL

you are a trader

Love Godzilla I remember they would play Godzilla king kong and all the monster moves for an entire week and I would watch them everyday of the week over and over .... loved that stuff when I was a kid and Im not ashamed to say I love it now :)

the fact that Bryan Cranston is in this flick makes it that much more interesting

you are a trader

Love Godzilla I remember they would play Godzilla king kong and all the monster moves for an entire week and I would watch them everyday of the week over and over .... loved that stuff when I was a kid and Im not ashamed to say I love it now :)

the fact that Bryan Cranston is in this flick makes it that much more interesting

Do you mean traitor?

Why?

Because I love Godzilla, but use Kong sometimes to play along with the Ape thing? Remember the "Ape" nickname evolved from my use of the alias Dr. Zaius, not Kong originally. I love both characters, but Godzilla has always been #1 with me. 

Godzilla and Marley, probably the only 2 things Gato and I agree on. 

Do you mean traitor?

Why?

Because I love Godzilla, but use Kong sometimes to play along with the Ape thing? Remember the "Ape" nickname evolved from my use of the alias Dr. Zaius, not Kong originally. I love both characters, but Godzilla has always been #1 with me. 

Godzilla and Marley, probably the only 2 things Gato and I agree on. 

ok I'll let ya slide :)

Nice job grabbing these.

If I had to guess, based on your stills and some other stuff I've been seeing... I'd say Rodan or something Pterodactyle-like and/or a spider-like monster.

Apparently there's 2 monsters confirmed but I don't have a link or anything. 

Apparently there's 2 monsters confirmed but I don't have a link or anything. 

Please be King Ghidorah and Anguirus. Please be King Ghidorah and Anguirus. Please be King Ghidorah and Anguirus. Please be King Ghidorah and Anguirus. Please be King Ghidorah and Anguirus. Please be King Ghidorah and Anguirus. Please be King Ghidorah and Anguirus. Please be King Ghidorah and Anguirus.....

Please be King Ghidorah and Anguirus. Please be King Ghidorah and Anguirus. Please be King Ghidorah and Anguirus. Please be King Ghidorah and Anguirus. Please be King Ghidorah and Anguirus. Please be King Ghidorah and Anguirus. Please be King Ghidorah and Anguirus. Please be King Ghidorah and Anguirus.....

I think they will hold back on KG until maybe the 3rd movie.  KG is a very silly monster.  it depends on how "campy" they are willing to go.  My sister and I are also really praying for KG either way.

I think anguirus may be in it as well.  how else do you explain the scene with the falling silos and "earthquake" with all the kids running over the footbridge ?

something big underground.....

oh no you ditinit

Godzilla-Rodan_zpse715dd20.jpg

OH sh*t YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Godzilla film universe, building! Building!! 

KG is a very silly monster. 

OTOH Mecha King Ghidorah....

Anguirus and Rodan are the ideal monsters to put in a Godzilla reboot if their must be monsters, and it makes complete sense to introduce monsters in the first movie. 

There's supposed to be a new monster too, no? 

That's not Rodan, but I would not mind if it was. I would love 20+ more Godzilla movies and showing an old school Godzilla frenemy would be a nice sign. Re-imagine away!

I can only imagine how badass a King Ghidorah could look...

The pic emerging from the water makes me think Rodan, wing tips, etc... and there's the train being bit in half, I saw some stills of that on another site and it totally looks like Ptero face.

BTW: The claw with the red glow HAS to be Gigan, right? Right!?!? Gigan's pretty good stuff. 

gigan ?   sh*t just got real !!!!!!

I'm pretty much obsessed with this movie right now.  the official website has this little teaser on it;

"an epic rebirth....pits the worlds most famous monster against malevolent creatures, who, bolstered by humanity's scientific....." 

Archived