Noteworthy I guess: AFC Scout- "Bridgewater is a 2nd rounder"

Matt39

Geno Part deux?

Louisville junior quarterback Teddy Bridgewater plays what might be his final college game Saturday in the Russell Athletic Bowl against Miami, and you can bet NFL scouts will be watching.

Bridgewater is viewed by many as a potential No. 1 overall pick, but one AFC college director told NFL Media reporter Albert Breer that Bridgewater is "a second-rounder. Shorter and smallish in size, but he has solid arm strength, he's a good athlete, solid accuracy. Not dynamic or a special talent, but he has NFL starter-caliber skills, and he's a good kid with all the intangibles."

Another AFC scouting director said Bridgewater has a lot going for him: "He's accurate, poised, smart, productive."

But the scouting director also has issues with Bridgewater.

"The body type is the concern," he said. "You're going to have to see him at the combine. He looks small and skinny to me. But he gets rid of the ball so quick and makes such good decisions, maybe you can live with that."

Bridgewater is listed at 6-foot-3 and 196 pounds on Louisville's depth chart for the bowl game. He has not said yet whether he will enter the 2014 draft but said he will "evaluate everything" and make his decision after the bowl game.

Mike Huguenin can be reached at mike.huguenin@nfl.com. You also can follow him on Twitter @MikeHuguenin.

Joe Montana was 195 pounds soaking wet. Draft evaluation time teaches you one thing: scouts are generally talking out of their ass all day long, especially when they're anonymous. The collective hard-on for Ryan Nassib last year was embarrassing.

Ahh yes 1979, when Centers weighted 226 pounds..

Let the gamesmanship begin. By the time they are done, the teams that REALLY want CLOWNEY will have him as a mid-3rd round pick.

No one, and I mean no one is HONEST when it comes to the draft. Everyone of them has an agenda to either build up a player, so they can trade out and get mucho, or knock a player down hoping they fall to where they can take them.

The draft is the biggest chess match in the world.

i guarantee the team that scout works for is not in the franchise QB market. Need has a funny way of effecting these grades. If you are comparing Teddy to Brady yeah he's imperfect. If you are comparing him to Matt McGloyn he's amazing.

Actually, I would say the exact opposite. Whichever team this scout is "working" for is obviously trying to get other teams to pass on Teddy, so they can take him. I hope the team he works for is the JETS.

racist scum. 

Very disingenuous — has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup. Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law — does not command respect from teammates and always will struggle to win a locker room. Only a one-year producer. Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness — is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable.

Not a student of the game. Nonchalant field presence — does not command respect from teammates and cannot inspire. Mild practice demeanor — no urgency. Not committed or focused — marginal work ethic. 

Very disingenuous — has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup. Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law — does not command respect from teammates and always will struggle to win a locker room. Only a one-year producer. Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness — is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable.

Not a student of the game. Nonchalant field presence — does not command respect from teammates and cannot inspire. Mild practice demeanor — no urgency. Not committed or focused — marginal work ethic.

Sanchez?

Mark Sanchez was 28/35 for 413 yards, 4 TDs and 0 ints in the Rose Bowl.

Yes, but have you seen the list of "QB's" that come out of that school. Heres a reminder:

Pat Haden

Rodney Peete

Rob Johnson

Todd Marinovich

Matt Cassell

Mark Sanchez

Matt Leinert

Carson Palmer

Matt Barkley

I just cant believe that GM's continue to draft QB's from this school, and in high rounds, given the enormous busts (some of the worst all-time) that they produce. Even Carroll doesnt want some of his old QBs.

Didn't even know the stat line, watched the game, dude is GOOD! And Morris is TURRIBLE!

What makes him head and shoulders, the best prospect this year, and a great prospect overall is that release.

A quick release just makes things so much easier on everyone involved, the O-line, the recievers.

Really, Its what made JoeWillie, and Marino such great Qbs,(even though they had great arms anyway) was the ball came out so fast.

Bridgewater's release is marvelous, and the exacrt opposite of that LOOPY , worst release I have ever seen, that TEBOW had.

No way Bridgewater stays after that performance, and the fact that 2 QBS tore up their Knees this past year.

I'm not a scout, but the best thing about teddy I saw is accuracy, poise and beating the blitz.  he looked off a safety on a TD pass and that was one of those "he's got it" moments

I didn't see him really drive a ball tho but I only saw maybe 5 drives

Yes, but have you seen the list of "QB's" that come out of that school. Heres a reminder:

Pat Haden

Rodney Peete

Rob Johnson

Todd Marinovich

Matt Cassell

Mark Sanchez

Matt Leinert

Carson Palmer

Matt Barkley

I just cant believe that GM's continue to draft QB's from this school, and in high rounds, given the enormous busts (some of the worst all-time) that they produce. Even Carroll doesnt want some of his old QBs.

Browning Nagle

Brian Brohm

etc

Not sure what that proves. 

Bridgewater played a weak schedule and Miami's pass defense was terrible all year. Not saying he will be good or bad - but looking at his stats alone won't tell the whole story.

What makes him head and shoulders, the best prospect this year, and a great prospect overall is that release.

A quick release just makes things so much easier on everyone involved, the O-line, the recievers.

Really, Its what made JoeWillie, and Marino such great Qbs,(even though they had great arms anyway) was the ball came out so fast.

Bridgewater's release is marvelous, and the exacrt opposite of that LOOPY , worst release I have ever seen, that TEBOW had.

No way Bridgewater stays after that performance, and the fact that 2 QBS tore up their Knees this past year.

His release is quick - but its also low and susceptible to his passes being knocked down in the NFL. His arm strength is just average. 

His release is quick - but its also low and susceptible to his passes being knocked down in the NFL. His arm strength is just average. 

Valid points, but that release doesnt come along very often, The kid has a gift, that not many other QB's have. If the other parts of his game are even average, then he will be a Franchise guy with that delivery.

I'm not a scout, but the best thing about teddy I saw is accuracy, poise and beating the blitz.  he looked off a safety on a TD pass and that was one of those "he's got it" moments

I didn't see him really drive a ball tho but I only saw maybe 5 drives

Yup, and he is so decisive with correct reads, must really know how to read a college D, and goes through his progressions quickly, and never panics. Obviously NFL is a different animal than CFB, but this is 2 straight years he put up a dominate performance in a bowl game against Florida last year, and Miami this year, last years win was the biggest upset point spread wise in BCS bowl history!

Archived