NFL Playoffs thread

T0mShane

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol....question was just asked if a qb needs to have a championship to be considered great. marino's face was priceless and then shannon sharpe says "you don't even get to be in the discussion if you don't have one". i think marino wanted to cry

Marino is top 5 all time.

lol....question was just asked if a qb needs to have a championship to be considered great. marino's face was priceless and then shannon sharpe says "you don't even get to be in the discussion if you don't have one". i think marino wanted to cry

It's true, though. People already view Marino like they looked at Fouts. In ten, twenty years, people will remember Eli Manning as a better QB than him. It won't be true, but that's how it goes.

They have good QBs that are going to be great. Which is disheartening.

Yes, but they're successful without great QB play, which is rare in the NFL these days. Not taking anything away from Wilson or Kaepernick, both are very good and one if not both will turn out to be great. But it's refreshing to see teams built around great defence still being successful. That is what the Jets should be aspiring to be, and I'm 100% convinced that if you gave this team a Wilson/Kaepernick and a half decent WR they'd still be playing right now.

Point being...I think a lot of folks here overrate Jets talent(even the good players) because they don't watch other teams. Which Jets would even get on the field for the Niners?

Plenty.  But the question is, how much would it cost to get Kendall Hunter, (or a Bryce Brown)?

Point being...I think a lot of folks here overrate Jets talent(even the good players) because they don't watch other teams. Which Jets would even get on the field for the Niners?

I completely agree with you. The Jets Fan Bubble is a land of absurdity.

Why wouldnt you just tryand draft one later? (Bryce Brown sucks btw)

I like the idea of a "high money" running back. 

Hunter was 4th, Brown (who doesn't suck, btw) was a 7th. I think a back like Tre Mason, or Sankey Bishop could be our LeSean McCoy, and take some pressure off our lackluster passing attack.  But trading a low 3rd/4th for a proven commodity to compliment our hamstrung backs would be a good idea. 

I like the idea of a "high money" running back. 

Hunter was 4th, Brown (who doesn't suck, btw) was a 7th. I think a back like Tre Mason, or Sankey Bishop could be our LeSean McCoy, and take some pressure off our lackluster passing attack.  But trading a low 3rd/4th for a proven commodity to compliment our hamstrung backs would be a good idea. 

Brown's strictly a speed guy and if he doesnt get the corner he's useless.

Don't laugh, he played D line in college which means our best scout was on the case. This year was all about the learning curve, next year Pro Bowl isn't a stretch.

Campbell makes probowl before Wilkerson.  Mark it. 

We drafted/signed nineteen guards, it's an obvious strength of our team. 

Dude. 

He's like, the next big thing.  6'0, 220....NOT a speed guy. He's an inside runner, he's just fast. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maJzY6tYzGg

He had plenty of chances to get a significant role in that offense  this season and couldnt. He's not that good...but yes if he gets the corner he can take it the distance. 

He had plenty of chances to get a significant role in that offense  this season and couldnt. He's not that good...but yes if he gets the corner he can take it the distance. 

Behind 'Shady'....no

Behind 'Sunny Powell', he'd be an instant starter. 

Behind 'Shady'....no

Behind 'Sunny Powell', he'd be an instant starter. 

He wouldn't start over Ivory.  How quickly you forget that Brown's touches are limited partly because of fumbling problems his rookie year.  Is he a good blocker?  Can he catch passes out of the backfield better than Powell or Goodson?

No.  He wouldn't.  It would be a timeshare until Ivory pulls his thingie again. 

He could be a lead back though. 

Meh.  If we're bringing in a new RB it's to either make the team as a 4th guy/practice squad guy OR as an upgrade at the starting spot.  We don't need another complimentary back or RB2 type.  Spend elsewhere.

Meh.  If we're bringing in a new RB it's to either make the team as a 4th guy/practice squad guy OR as an upgrade at the starting spot.  We don't need another complimentary back or RB2 type.  

Low cost, starting potential. "Cheaper" than a 2nd or 3rd round pick, which is where you'd get an instant upgrade...More dependable than a gamble. 

I'm not selling my soul for Bryce friggin' Brown, I'm just saying there are backups in the league that could be starting for this team, and possibly had for similar compensation that we paid to get Ivory.

Robert Turbin comes to mind. Bryce Brown, Kendall Hunter, Ben Tate is a FA, Roy Helu Jr., 

there's more. 

Need the Broncos to win this.  There's absolutely no chance of San Diego winning in Foxboro.  The Pats knocking off the Broncos TWICE in a season, this time in Denver?  Don't see it.

Agreed. Plus it fits the league's Brady vs. Manning agenda. 

however, if San Diego pulls this off, they become that "scary" team that wins games they shouldn't.  Can't rule out the power of the sixth seed. 

Low cost, starting potential. "Cheaper" than a 2nd or 3rd round pick, which is where you'd get an instant upgrade...More dependable than a gamble. 

I'm not selling my soul for Bryce friggin' Brown, I'm just saying there are backups in the league that could be starting for this team, and possibly had for similar compensation that we paid to get Ivory.

Robert Turbin comes to mind. Bryce Brown, Kendall Hunter, Ben Tate is a FA, Roy Helu Jr., 

there's more. 

I'd rather take a late round gamble.  RB is more or less a "plug and play" position so there's no sense in bringing in cheap free agents rather than using the draft.  You know what you're gonna get out of a Bryce Brown.  If we get a RB, we need him to potentially be a difference maker.  Just because guys like Turbin, Brown, Hunter, etc COULD start is irrelevant.  They HAVEN'T and they've had many changes to show that they're special, within the confines of very good offenses no less.  They're decidedly NOT special. 

Archived