HessStation

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far we have:

Johnny Manziel: 5'11 3/4, 207 lb., 9 7/8 hand

Teddy Bridgewater: 6'2 1/8, 214 lb., 9 1/4 hand

Blake Bortles: 6'5, 232 lb., 9 3/8 hand

Good thread. One of the things I miss about living out in Indiana was going downtown during the combine week, and hitting the steakhouses to see who we'd spot out and about.

Manziel has giant feet and big ass hands.

I'm going to measure 6 feet — I'm 72 inches on the dot,” -Johnny Manziel

Manziel's head is disproportionately too big for his body too. A big head adds to an inflated height measurement, his frame is probably only that of a guy who is 5' 9" or so.

Derek Carr and Johnny Manziel have elected, not to throw. (pussies)

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/2/19/5425900/nfl-combine-2014-derek-carr-not-throwing-in-indianapolis

AJ McCarron (who sat out Sr. Bowl) will throw and go through all drills.

Garappolo will throw. 

Bridgewater still undecided. 

Dumbest thing I ever heard.  If you agree to come to the combine you should be required to participate in everything.  There is more to football than walking around in  your underwear.

smart buisness move tho. Can really hurt your stock throwing to recievers your not on the same page with

Ehh, I get that thinking, but overall, I can't remember when throwing at the combine really ever drastically hurt a QB.  Universally, coaches and scouts realize one day does not make a QB, just like one day can't break a QB.  The senior bowl, combine, they're all compared to the year(s) of tape, plus they know he's throwing to receivers he's not familiar with.  I could very well be wrong, but I think he can improve his stock more than he could lower it by throwing.  I like seeing Blake is showing that competitive edge.

From some of the better known Tight Ends:

Jace Amaro: 6'5 3/8, 265

Eric Ebron:: 6'4 3/8, 250 

CJ Fedorowicz: 6'5, 265

Colt Lyerla: 6'4 242

Troy Niklas: 6'6 1/2, 270

Austin Seferian-Jenkins: 6'5 1/2 262 

Nice to see all their heights held up. I thought Ebron might come in a bit shorter than expected. Some big dudes, will be interesting to how they run. 

Odell Beckham: 5'11 1/4, 198

Kelvin Benjamin: 6'5, 240

Brandin Cooks: 5'9 3/4, 189

Mike Evans: 6'4 3/4, 231

Jarvis Landry: 5'11 1/2, 204

Marqise Lee: 5'11 3/4, 192

Allen Robinson: 6'2 1/2, 220

Sammy Watkins: 6'0 3/4, no weight yet

Benjamin, Evans and Robinson are all surprisingly a bit on heavy side...I don't see how any one of those guys runs a big time 40 at that size.  Every other WR is slightly shorter than previously mentioned. 

Martavis Bryant, whom some are projecting could run in the 4.3's, is 6'3 1/2, 211

Benjamin, Evans and Robinson are all surprisingly a bit on heavy side...I don't see how any one of those guys runs a big time 40 at that size.  Every other WR is slightly shorter than previously mentioned. 

Benji and Evans are TE size.

Those 40's will be interesting to see.

So far we have:

Johnny Manziel: 5'11 3/4, 207 lb., 9 7/8 hand

Teddy Bridgewater: 6'2 1/8, 214 lb., 9 1/4 hand

Blake Bortles: 6'5, 232 lb., 9 3/8 hand

Bridgewater's numbers are almost identical to Geno's. Manzeil's helped him.

Keith Wenning: (underrated future solid lifetime backup) 6'3 218, 10 inch hands

Logan Thomas: 6'6 248, 11 INCH HANDS (80 gets horny)

Aaron Murray: 6'0 207, 9 1/8 inch hand

Jeff Mathews: 6'4 223, 10 1/8 hands (nice)

Zach Mettenberger 6'5 225,  9 3/4 hands (80 not impressed)

Jimmy Garoppolo 6'2, 226 9 1/4 hands

http://walterfootball.com/combine2014QB.php

Martavis Bryant, whom some are projecting could run in the 4.3's, is 6'3 1/2, 211

Paul Richardson is 6'0 175 but has small hands, 8 7/8". Should blaze his 40. 

Beckham Jr. has big hands for his size, 10".  4.4's??

Jordan Matthews is 6'3, 212 with huge mitts, 10 3/8". I'll be very surprised if he runs well. 

Those are pretty much the exact height/weight that I predicted for Beckham and Lee, glad to see they didn't measure low.  I knew Beckham was going to have giant hands, the guy was catching kick offs one-handed and just snagging them out of the air, but 10" at 5"11 is pretty damned big.  He's going to blow up this combine, but so are a lot of the receivers, so I don't think it's gonna help raise his stock like it would in other years.  All the analysts are saying this might be the deepest draft in 10-20 years, and that good players will be had in rounds 4-5, much moreso than usual.

Edit:  Actually, beckham weighed in a bit higher than I thought, which is nice to see.  He's chiseled and at 5'11" 200 lbs, with his athleticism, he's certainly going to be a possibility at 18.  Been saying it all year, but he's a bigger Randall Cobb, he's gonna be a stud.

Those are pretty much the exact height/weight that I predicted for Beckham and Lee, glad to see they didn't measure low.  I knew Beckham was going to have giant hands, the guy was catching kick offs one-handed and just snagging them out of the air, but 10" at 5"11 is pretty damned big.  He's going to blow up this combine, but so are a lot of the receivers, so I don't think it's gonna help raise his stock like it would in other years.  All the analysts are saying this might be the deepest draft in 10-20 years, and that good players will be had in rounds 4-5, much moreso than usual. 

Yep, the Jets may have lucked out for once having the deepest position in the draft being their biggest need. As a couple here have already mentioned, I think looking at the measurements, Evans & Benjamin should have a spotlight on them when they run. I just don't see either getting under a 4.6 at that size. If Evans does, he's gone top 10, if not, really think he could drop a bit. 

smart buisness move tho. Can really hurt your stock throwing to recievers your not on the same page with

Yeah, But. 

They are ALL throwing to WRs they're not on the same page with.

I really, really hope he throws. He's still undecided. Bortles is the only "top" guy who's stepped up. McCarron does not get a pass from me b/c he completely pussy'd out not going to the Sr. Bowl 

I hate that these guys decide to not throw, when you have guys not getting invites (Brett Smith) who would love to come in and show off their stuff.

If you're going to wait for the pro-day to run, lift or throw...you should wait for your pro-day to do everything.  

The only exception would be if you pull a hammy running your 40, to then elect to not run the other drills.

Or, guys with known pre-existing injuries (pectoral tear, shoulder, etc) who elect to not lift (furthering their injury), but come in so that the coaches can see them run. 

Keith Wenning: (underrated future solid lifetime backup) 6'3 218, 10 inch hands

Logan Thomas: 6'6 248, 11 INCH HANDS (80 gets horny)

Aaron Murray: 6'0 207, 9 1/8 inch hand

Jeff Mathews: 6'4 223, 10 1/8 hands (nice)

Zach Mettenberger 6'5 225,  9 3/4 hands (80 not impressed)

Jimmy Garoppolo 6'2, 226 9 1/4 hands

http://walterfootball.com/combine2014QB.php

Jeff Mathews measureables are off the charts. Maybe if he slings it well in drills, he can sneak into 4th or 5th round. Go Big Red.

Archived