vick coming to visit today per twittah

Lizard King

Yes, because that's totally what I was insinuating. Well done Carl.

The only thing Mark Sanchez has done is not live up to draft expectations. It happens. It's on management and coaching just as much, but probably more. But fans need a scape goat and Mark is it for various superficial reasons. It's dumb.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing Mark Sanchez has done is not live up to draft expectations. It happens. It's on management and coaching just as much, but probably more. But fans need a scape goat and Mark is it for various superficial reasons. It's dumb.

2 AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES with quality players on the roster and especially decent WRs ............then we all know what happened.

Then why didn't the Jets cut him that simple and gain all that cap money to spend in free agency?  Oh that's right we basically skipped free agency and Sanchez made the Jets keep him under contract. Whats the deal?  This team cant decide if they should sign free agents or not?  Who should they draft?  Should we build our own stadium or not? 

But they had no problems instituting PSLs initially and raising the fee this season.

Either MArk Sanchez is in or out? I thought we hired a competent GM to make key decisions like this?

Not one single word of this has anything to do with your prior little rant about the unmatched evilness of the despicable hostage-holding Jets.

Not one single word of this has anything to do with your prior little rant about the unmatched evilness of the despicable hostage-holding Jets.

Ok the evil minded Jets are holding Mark Sanchez hostage until our mastermind GM decides whether or not he's in the plans.

So a players failures are more to blame on everyone else but the player himself?  You were a Pennington fan, weren't you?

Don't get me wrong, Sanchez is only one of a great many things that have been wrong with this team over the years, but trying to dismiss his share of the responsibility based on that is beyond absurd.

The Texans just got a sixth for holding on to Schaub, and Schaub's contract makes Sanchez's contract look like the vet minimum. If there's a chance Idzik could get a pick for Sanchez, there is less than zero reason to release him until they absolutely have to. This organization owes that dude nothing.

The Texans just got a sixth for holding on to Schaub, and Schaub's contract makes Sanchez's contract look like the vet minimum. If there's a chance Idzik could get a pick for Sanchez, there is less than zero reason to release him until they absolutely have to. This organization owes that dude nothing.

This sends a message to other NFL players as to what the Jets are doing to Mark Sanchez.

B-I-N-G-O

This sends a message to other NFL players as to what the Jets are doing to Mark Sanchez.

No. It really doesn't.

Its very simple is Mark Sanchez part of the plans or not?  Are they bringing Vick in for a 3rd string QB job? What's the deal Jets?

A standup organization releases him at the start of free agency if he isn't in the plans so he can move on. He deserves this.

Its very simple is Mark Sanchez part of the plans or not?  Are they bringing Vick in for a 3rd string QB job? What's the deal Jets?

A standup organization releases him at the start of free agency if he isn't in the plans so he can move on. He deserves this.

Sanchez deserves absolutely nothing.  And if deserve was a factor, the Jets deserve their #5 draft pick back and they deserve Sanchez to return tens of millions of dollars to their cap for him fraudulently pretending he's a QB.

Your response is 100000% ridiculous.

Sanchez deserves absolutely nothing.  And if deserve was a factor, the Jets deserve their #5 draft pick back and they deserve Sanchez to return tens of millions of dollars to their cap for him fraudulently pretending he's a QB.

The Jets organization picked him I don't remember reading where college players in the draft decided what team would draft them.

The Jets organization kept him on the roster and continued to start him game after game even when he failed.

The Jets organization failed to release him at the start of free agency to free up cap money to be spent on free agents.

The Jets organization picked him I don't remember reading where college players in the draft decided what team would draft them.

The Jets organization kept him on the roster and continued to start him game after game even when he failed.

The Jets organization failed to release him at the start of free agency to free up cap money to be spent on free agents.

You're being ridiculous.

Sanchez wasn't in the Jets' long-term future plans the day Geno was drafted (whether Geno worked out or not at the position).  They wanted someone else to be the QB.  Sanchez knew this.  Everyone knew this.  Do you think he went into Idzik's office and asked for his release, and in exchange he'd let the Jets out of the guaranteed money they were going to pay him to be a waste of roster space? I didn't think so.  Even Sanchez isn't that dopey.

The Jets didn't/don't owe Sanchez an early release any more than Sanchez owed it to the Jets to let them out of his guaranteed salary for 2013 once Geno Smith was drafted.

So a players failures are more to blame on everyone else but the player himself? You were a Pennington fan, weren't you?

Don't get me wrong, Sanchez is only one of a great many things that have been wrong with this team over the years, but trying to dismiss his share of the responsibility based on that is beyond absurd.

I literally just said Sanchez failed as a player. The fact he was overdrafted and then given an ungodly extension is not on him. Neither is the deterioration of the roster or the decision to play him in a meaningless game.

Mark Sanchez is under contract. If he and his agent were so concerned about him potentially being held hostage, they should've negotiated for his roster bonus to be paid on the first day of the NFL year rather than the 14th. The Jets owe him absolutely nothing, and it's entirely within their rights to explore the FA QB market with him on the roster, or explore trade opportunities.

They could also being waiting 'til the last minute by design, purposely limiting his opportunities to sign elsewhere because they'd like to cut him and resign him on the cheap. Which is, again, completely within their rights. They should be looking out for the team, not Mark Sanchez.

When you're an NFL GM, you can run a charity that signs every washed up player, and then releases them in a timely manner. I'm sure you'll be a great success.

The Jets owe Sanchez. lol

I realize the NFL is a different environment than any other business model but why are they toying with him? It's an easy decision to make. Just cut the guy and give him a fighting chance at continuing his career. There is no good that can come from holding him hostage at this point. It's bad business.

Mark Sanchez is under contract. If he and his agent were so concerned about him potentially being held hostage, they should've negotiated for his roster bonus to be paid on the first day of the NFL year rather than the 14th. The Jets owe him absolutely nothing, and it's entirely within their rights to explore the FA QB market with him on the roster, or explore trade opportunities.

They could also being waiting 'til the last minute by design, purposely limiting his opportunities to sign elsewhere because they'd like to cut him and resign him on the cheap. Which is, again, completely within their rights. They should be looking out for the team, not Mark Sanchez.

When you're an NFL GM, you can run a charity that signs every washed up player, and then releases them in a timely manner. I'm sure you'll be a great success.

So your business starts bringing in people to interview for your job while you still have it but won't let you go look for other jobs is cool with you? I know it's apples and oranges but that's pretty much what is happening here. And I know Sanchez will want for nothing in his life, but it's still not the best practices. They can still look out for the best for the team and have already cut him. Period.

So your business starts bringing in people to interview for your job while you still have it but won't let you go look for other jobs is cool with you? I know it's apples and oranges but that's pretty much what is happening here. And I know Sanchez will want for nothing in his life, but it's still not the best practices. They can still look out for the best for the team and have already cut him. Period.

Not if they're interested in keeping or trading him.

You're being ridiculous.

Sanchez wasn't in the Jets' long-term future plans the day Geno was drafted (whether Geno worked out or not at the position).  They wanted someone else to be the QB.  Sanchez knew this.  Everyone knew this.  Do you think he went into Idzik's office and asked for his release, and in exchange he'd let the Jets out of the guaranteed money they were going to pay him to be a waste of roster space? I didn't think so.  Even Sanchez isn't that dopey.

The Jets didn't/don't owe Sanchez an early release any more than Sanchez owed it to the Jets to let them out of his guaranteed salary for 2013 once Geno Smith was drafted.

This is true but the day Tannenbaum gave him the long term big contract he was certainly in the future plans here. It didn't work out but the Jets failed to trade him or release him allowing him to continue his career elsewhere. Other NFL players see how an organization is ran and use that against them I would guess? The NFL is a business.

whoa...  ok I'm in the very small minority that still think Sanchez is the best QB on the roster and will be a good player wherever he winds up.

That being said, to think the Jets have somehow wronged him by paying him 50 Million is so utterly ridiculous I find I'm insulted.  The dude doesn't need to work another day in his life and has banged some of the hottest skanks around.  He laid down with Kate Upton for christs sake. 

If you're trying to say he's owed more than he's gotten you've gone off the deep end. 

If you are like me and cannot cheer or want a player that strangles dogs with his own hands, sign this petition.  There are already over 3,000 signatures:

http://www.change.org/petitions/new-york-jets-we-would-like-you-to-cease-and-desist-all-contact-and-negotiations-with-michael-vick-he-is-not-welcomed-on-a-new-york-team-and-adding-him-to-your-roster-will-do-nothing-but-decrease-your-fan-base

Why don't you petition against dog shelters?  They kill about 2,800 pit bulls a day.

Im not your pal and that doesn't give the Jets the right to hold him hostage here. Man up and tell the kid whether or not he's in the plans or not.

Forget for a moment what countless people have said about the maturity required to respect a contract. By all accounts Mark has never complained about his treatment by this club in his entire career.

If anyone wanted him, its plain knowledge that by next Tuesday he is a free agent unless he's on the roster. 17 days into free agency and its been mentioned that Matt Schaub and his disgusting contract have already been acquired. A lot of teams can get a much cheaper Mark Sanchez in 4 days. All we are doing him is a favor. He either makes $2million in 96 hours or becomes 100% more marketable.

Forget for a moment what countless people have said about the maturity required to respect a contract. By all accounts Mark has never complained about his treatment by this club in his entire career.

If anyone wanted him, its plain knowledge that by next Tuesday he is a free agent unless he's on the roster. 17 days into free agency and its been mentioned that Matt Schaub and his disgusting contract have already been acquired. A lot of teams can get a much cheaper Mark Sanchez in 4 days. All we are doing him is a favor. He either makes $2million in 96 hours or becomes 100% more marketable.

and sanchez' reps agreed to that bonus date. 

Why don't you petition against dog shelters?  They kill about 2,800 pit bulls a day.

I'm willing to go on the record and say that I don't want a dog shelter QB'ing the Jets this year, either.

Sanchez is a better option than Vick or Geno, IMO. The lesser of three evils, if you will.

I don't think they should release or trade (to a point) him. Sanchez had the job. The job was his before the injury and I think his completion percentage would be 10 pts higher than either one of those guys.

The idea of Vick and Geno does not instill confidence in me. The whole QB situation has me much much much more concerned than the much-talked about defensive backfield. 

No, it's not nice practices. Keeping Sanchez until the last possible second is absolutely best practices.

I realize the NFL is a different environment than any other business model but why are they toying with him? It's an easy decision to make. Just cut the guy and give him a fighting chance at continuing his career. There is no good that can come from holding him hostage at this point. It's bad business.

Another with the hostage routine?

They were holding him for as long as it took to either sign someone else or find a trade partner.

Hostage, lol. They've paid the bum over $40M.

Archived