Cro to Zona

nj meadowlands

I cant wait to see all the draft picks playing and learning on the job this season.  Get a new coach next year so he will have some young players with some experience under their belt.  Its basically a throw away year this year with the buffoon coaching.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant wait to see all the draft picks playing and learning on the job this season.  Get a new coach next year so he will have some young players with some experience under their belt.  Its basically a throw away year this year with the buffoon coaching.

Don't think sexy rexy is going anywhere anytime soon... and that makes me happy.

You are assuming the JETS made an offer.

Edit: Even if they did not match the one year offer that Zona gave him for whatever reason its ok for a player to vent.

It's also okay for said player to be called stupid, for "venting" illogical nonsense.

Come on, we can't keep going out there throwing around these huge money contracts as if there's no tomorrow. I mean, $3.25M for a guy that fills a hole on our roster, a guy that knows the system and has performed here? That would put us in #CapHell

#HugeOverpay

Nevermind that he knew the system and routinely got beat like a drum. 

Keep on with the narrative though. 

Nevermind that he knew the system and routinely got beat like a drum. 

Keep on with the narrative though. 

I don't see any reason to think he's as bad as his 2013 season was. Remember his 2012 season? Might have been the best of his career. Either way, it was worth a flyer IMO.

Gave up 20 yard per reception along with over 50% completion percentage, 7 TDs and a stunning 102.5 QB rating and it's just not worth the gamble. As for his medical the team knows his hip situation best so if that's something that doesn't linger although it recommended he need surgery for it then Idzik would probably give him something. But I'm all with moving on a finding our 3rd guy in the draft. Rex got two CBs in the 1st on his roster in which he better work with along with a little help in the draft would be nice.

Fair enough. Just my guess.

But then if you know you don't want Cromartie, and the last decent guy in the mix is DRC then you don't low ball him with a 1 year prove it deal.

While i thought DRC got overpaid by the Giants but no one can deny the JETS offer was less than expected one. Having said that they must have done some scouting even before the FA started on DRC and not been too impressed with his play. That's why he was not on their list right of the bat. And the offer was a show me deal. That further proves the confidence level in his ability to consistently perform was low.

I think at this moment the JETS brass must be thinking they can get better talent via a trade or in the draft rather than any FA available right now,

A 1 year deal for Cro could have been made for the Jets. That would have made sense.

I would much rather have a younger guy like Cro did last year.  At least you would have some hope for the future.  Of course, it would physically impossible to play worse than Cro did last year.  The guy is shot.  You do not re up guys who are 30 and are shot.

You can say what you want.

But he was not out of line. Period.

I never said he was out of line, did I?

I said he needed to act like a man. "You can tell the size of a man by the size of the things that upset him." Whining about being spurned by the Jets and the audacity to bring up loyalty at all is laughable. He could have taken a pay cut to stay here. He didn't. 

He wanted his cake and wanted to eat it too, so to speak. 

If someone really wanted to be part of the team, then he should have played for what the Jets offered him.

He shouldn't be equating Arizona's willingness to pay him more, and his desire to take more, with Rex or the Jets loyalty.

Maybe he wasn't offered anything?

You are assuming the JETS made an offer.

I never said he was out of line, did I?

I said he needed to act like a man. "You can tell the size of a man by the size of the things that upset him." Whining about being spurned by the Jets and the audacity to bring up loyalty at all is laughable. He could have taken a pay cut to stay here. He didn't. 

He wanted his cake and wanted to eat it too, so to speak. 

Your whole diatribe is based on an assumption.

Your whole diatribe is based on an assumption.

The diatribe is based on you saying he's allowed to vent. Me saying act like a man. There's no loyalty in business of nfl, the premise is naive.

Assumption was a response to your belly aching.

Archived