NFL Coaches pose for a photo (All except 1 coach)

joewilly12

813b7380-b366-11e3-a270-452a15e0fe53_e03

View photo

NFL head coaches, via @CardsMarkD.

At the annual NFL owners meetings, currently taking place in Orlando, Fla., every current NFL head coach gathered for one big class photo. Well, all but one.

Take a guess who skipped out.

The full photo, via Mark Dalton of the Arizona Cardinals, is above; there will be a higher-resolution copy coming soon, obviously. But already, we can make a few observations:

There was no dress code whatsoever. Some guys looked like they came in off the golf course, some looked like they were ready for a formal dinner. Jim Harbaugh isn't wearing a Sharpie around his neck, but he is rocking the khakis, of course. And Andy Reid looks like he wrapped himself in grandma's drapes.

Could these guys look any more uncomfortable? Seeing them without a headset and a sneer is strange. They don't know what to do with themselves. (Pete Carroll in the front right is a notably chill exception, but then you'd expect that.) Hands on knees or lap? In front or behind? Who cares? Can we just get this done so we can go watch film, huh?

About half of these guys, 14 of 31, weren't with their current team just two years ago. This is not a profession for those interested in longevity.

Oh, and the missing coach? One hint: he'd have shown up wearing a hoodie. Oh, and his name rhymes with "Dill Delichick." Of course.

Horrible picture for this, but see if you can match them:

(If not to their picture see if you can match them to their current team)

Bruce Arians

Mike Smith
John Harbough

Doug Marrone

Ron Rivera

Marc Trestman

Marvin Lewis

Mike Pettine

Jason Garrett

John Fox

Jim Caldwell

Mike McCarthy

Bill O'Brien

Chuck Pagano

Gus Bradley

Andy Reid

Joe Philbin

Mike Zimmer

Bill Belichick

Sean Payton

Tom Coughlin

Rex Ryan

Dennis Allen 

Chip Kelly

Mike Tomlin

Mike McCoy

Jim Harbough

Pete Carroll

Jeff Fisher

Lovie Smith

Ken Whisenhunt

Jay Gruden

Hint? (highlight with cursor ---> The teams are listed in alphabetical order http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_National_Football_League_head_coaches

Why isn't Bele fined or New England loses a pick for not showing up?  The guy is a DICK

the answer to that question is that Bill Bellichek never joined the coaches union. This is not a new development. Years ago when all the head coaches were added to John Madden football video game, they had to just call him NE COACH or something like that. 

I could only name 17 just by recognizing the face

how bout you ?

It's amazing how many I didn't recognize. 5-10 years ago i would've easily known them all. I think it's good I don't watch as much football as I used too.

the answer to that question is that Bill Bellichek never joined the coaches union. This is not a new development. Years ago when all the head coaches were added to John Madden football video game, they had to just call him NE COACH or something like that. 

Failing to do so throws away easy money.Pose for a few pictures, authorize your likeness, get a check worthy of a new high end car once a year; nice work for anyone.  A really odd guy.

Much as I've knocked Rex readily admit he seems like a genuinely good guy. Scary thought has always been that to some degree being a douchebag like Bellicheat might make for a better NFL coach. Look at the squeeze the Pats are putting on Wilfork to lower his contract number to fit Revis, much like they did with Welker.

Archived