Logan Thomas QB Va Tech

Lupz27

Hearing he is the most physically gifted QB in this draft, and is being physically compared to Cam Newton, some going as far as saying he is better than Cam was when heading into the NFL except for the fact Newton was considered a winner with that "IT" factor that Thomas may not have.

IMO he doesn't fit MM offensive system, but I also don't think Idzik would shy from drafting him if he is BPA at QB If/when the Jets decide to take a QB, he definetly should sit behind an established starter (or great QB coach) for 1-2 years.

Would you guys be ok with the Jets using one of their 3 4th round picks on him if he was available?

Hearing he is the most physically gifted QB in this draft, and is being physically compared to Cam Newton, some going as far as saying he is better than Cam was when heading into the NFL except for the fact Newton was considered a winner with that "IT" factor that Thomas may not have.

IMO he doesn't fit MM offensive system, but I also don't think Idzik would shy from drafting him if he is BPA at QB If/when the Jets decide to take a QB, he definetly should sit behind an established starter (or great QB coach) for 1-2 years.

Would you guys be ok with the Jets using one of their 3 4th round picks on him if he was available?

I agree with this. Its seems like Logan needs development much more than Cam ever did coming out of college. He seems to be inconsistent and after watching a few of his games online I think the statement is true. However, the great thing about him is this. Check out his highlight film. This guy has the ability for sure. I love his drop back then hop step back into the pocket when preparing to throw the football. His throwing motion is a thing of beauty and the ball just flies out of his hand. He also shows the ability to be very accurate on deep passes as well as arc throws that can go over the head of the defender....rainbows man. Just a thing of beauty. He's also a hard man to bring to the ground and he has some speed on him. 

Logan Thomas can be either a Cam Newton type player or a Terrelle Pryor. Super high potential. 

Late round QB picks have been pretty close to worthless of late, so at least Thomas has upside. He will look really good with the third stringers in preseason and then never amount to anything at QB.

David Fales will be available as well. He's much more consistent than Thomas, Thomas has more raw talent. 

Damn ...I can't quote on dang iPhone...I agree with that other guy

I agree with maybe no QB 1st two rounds.. After that GO FOR IT!..

As a matter of fact.. If they traded up and snatched Johnny Football, id be pretty stoked.. Very stoked.

But that's a whole new thread

I like all three QB's the Jets brought in. Tom Savage is an interesting prospect as well. I hope the Jets take a shot at a QB this draft at some point, even in the early rounds if the opportunity presents itself.

I think from a BAP view, if one of the top rated QBs drops in the early rounds, you have to consider it...however, I think a trade down could be available if a team covets that player. Otherwise, if this is a true BAP and they have a QB ranked ahead of the cb/wr in their draft slot, I would not be surprised to see them draft one.

That being said, if by some miracle Manziel and/or Bridgewater drop, you can bet the Jets will wait till the last possible second to get a trade deal before they consider picking them. This could be an Aaron Rodgers situation all over again.

I would be happy to see them go 3rd/4th round on a QB...first two rounds should be either a CB or a WR or even  TE.

LL

Archived