Dia de Muerto - Mafia Win

DPR

Also, apologies on my avatar. Since the day I switched to it, I've been nervous that it would bother somebody that dealt with it IRL.

Seriously, I'd switch it out again if it bothers you on a personal level like that. While I'll tell you to EAD left and right, I won't use the DIAF sh*t with somebody who really dealt with that.

I'm an a$$hole, but not a douchebag.

My dad was a firefighter that had a massive heart attack at a fire, but we are cool.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ape something about your tone was different this game I just could not pinpoint it enough to make a solid case so instead I tried to piss you off a bit to get you talking. You talked and I still did not see the town Ape I was used to.Whether or not I was able to pick out these instances meant nothing IMO. You taking my gun and not my invite bugged me a bit and I think if you were town you would have accepted. You seem persistent and you are a bit of a bulldog when you feel you have a good case. I used to be that way but players still don't seem to pay attention.

I have caught people blatently lying in this game pointed out the posts and still people just seem to skim or glance over the cases so as a townie I tend to just throw up my hands and say WTF not to say you lied OR that it was provable just a general observation.

Lynch all liars seems to be a dying strategy .

Either way I think the player who stands out the most the last 2 games has been JIF he's played well and due to that fact he's won, credit to him because he used his Emo outburst a few games ago to his advantage and its worked very well. As we all know we get hot and we get cold I've had my hot streaks but lately I've been in a slump, things change.

Scum played a good solid game

DPR as always it was fun. I hope you continue to play here more as well. I also hope you mod a few more games this year. :) Thanks for your hard work in putting this together.

The tone change I can give you. Saying that I wasn't my persistent, bullheaded townie self is just wrong, if that's what you're in fact saying. I've played townie a lot of different ways lately. I hit upon all of them in this game. If anything you picked up on me not being too into it and equated it to being scum, which is fine, whatever works. I was hitting on all of my old town meta though.

You should know that you don't aggravate me.... like ever... though you seem to think you have to say you do quite often. I don't even know what you're talking about when you say you wanted to "get me talking", as if I was quiet before then? It's sh*t like this that make you sound like you are on another planet.

You blind squirreled me moreso than anything else because you were butthurt about me not taking your invite. All of the rebuttal I offered to your accusations was accurate by the way, you were too lazy to figure the game out or read the mod-provided clues and could have probably gotten me lynched if you had known any of that stuff and not let it be the soft-spot for me to attack in defending myself and in turn making you look dirtier than me. 

No offense to either JIF or Crusher, but they both played terrible when they posted in this game. They were both in a lot of heat, and the ONLY reason they were able to fade to the background and live was because I created so much distraction, and presented very logical reasons to lynch people that weren't them. 

I will say this, they were my inspiration to stay on. I told my wife I quit the game that instant. So, I had to lie to her. I try not to let her see me on this site at all right now, tbh. 

My dad was a firefighter that had a massive heart attack at a fire, but we are cool.

My Dad was a firefighter too. A good friend of his had a heart attack at a fire, set by an arsonist who was in the department. 

DM isn't that bad.  The overall play, imo, is generally higher here.  Meaning the weakest player in a certain game is going to be much stronger on JN than the weakest player in a DM game.  The best of the DMers can def hang with the best of the JNers, whether people want to admit that or not.

The attitude has recently soured on DM, and I'm currently working on turning that around.  Here, it is just different.  The guys here have explained it better than I have.  I have a thick skin and can take the heat; otherwise, I wouldn't play here.  But I know it comes from a good place with these guys, so it's all good.  I have no idea where it comes from with you, which is part of the reason you rubbed a couple people the wrong way initially.

Don't sweat it - as long as you understand, that helps a lot.  Even JiF and Pac are nice guys.  They'll never admit it, but they are.  CTM?  Nah, he's actually is a snide little prick.  hehe

I use to have fun playing at DM. Then people got too uptight. Then again its not fun here anymore either. The golden days of the mafia goodness has died. Not enough JN old timers. Also that dude Barmavral with his tasty little dog avatar was awesome to play here with. I liked him.

1 I have caught people blatently lying in this game pointed out the posts and still people just seem to skim or glance over the cases so as a townie I tend to just throw up my hands and say WTF not to say you lied OR that it was provable just a general observation.

2 DPR as always it was fun. I hope you continue to play here more as well. I also hope you mod a few more games this year. :) Thanks for your hard work in putting this together.

1.... I feel like a lot of the town mailed it in this game, myself included, that was an intense game

2....hope to see more DPR around here....excellent game

My Dad was a firefighter too. A good friend of his had a heart attack at a fire, set by an arsonist who was in the department.

That was around the time he had his heart attack - when he arsonist was in Boston. I forget who it was now.

Is this the not-so-subtle way for people to let me know I should change the avi?

I'll change the avi.

I said I'm ok with it. Don't you think I would have brought up an issue when you first asked me what I thought?

I said I'm ok with it. Don't you think I would have brought up an issue when you first asked me what I thought?

Yes, but that doesn't mean I'm ok with it, knowing how fire has impacted some people here.

Like I said, I'm an a$$hole, not a douchebag.

Honestly we should all aspire to be more like Crusher, a jolly fat man.

It's like christmas every time I open a thread.

As the Ape once said, Crusher is easily the funniest here because of his consistency.  The rest of us are all competing for 2nd place.

The tone change I can give you. Saying that I wasn't my persistent, bullheaded townie self is just wrong, if that's what you're in fact saying. I've played townie a lot of different ways lately. I hit upon all of them in this game. If anything you picked up on me not being too into it and equated it to being scum, which is fine, whatever works. I was hitting on all of my old town meta though.

You should know that you don't aggravate me.... like ever... though you seem to think you have to say you do quite often. I don't even know what you're talking about when you say you wanted to "get me talking", as if I was quiet before then? It's sh*t like this that make you sound like you are on another planet.

You blind squirreled me moreso than anything else because you were butthurt about me not taking your invite. All of the rebuttal I offered to your accusations was accurate by the way, you were too lazy to figure the game out or read the mod-provided clues and could have probably gotten me lynched if you had known any of that stuff and not let it be the soft-spot for me to attack in defending myself and in turn making you look dirtier than me. 

No offense to either JIF or Crusher, but they both played terrible when they posted in this game. They were both in a lot of heat, and the ONLY reason they were able to fade to the background and live was because I created so much distraction, and presented very logical reasons to lynch people that weren't them. 

I will say this, they were my inspiration to stay on. I told my wife I quit the game that instant. So, I had to lie to her. I try not to let her see me on this site at all right now, tbh. 

Hey I did all my work in the QT getting you pumped up and rescuing you from the EMO.  Im the Mickey to your Rocky.  I only post in game because I have to. 

As the Ape once said, Crusher is easily the funniest here because of his consistency.  The rest of us are all competing for 2nd place.

Nice to say but I really have nothing else to offer.  Strategy and bickering are boring to me.  I just play with my gut.  Mostly because its huge and in the way. 

Yup.

Hey I did all my work in the QT getting you pumped up and rescuing you from the EMO.  Im the Mickey to your Rocky.  I only post in game because I have to. 

Always.

I'm a good guy. I'm going to be a father, there's a wife in my life that can put up with me (sometimes at least), my life is going in 50 different directions right now. The pace of the games have been hard for me to keep up with lately. The Ape/Verb/Nolder for 100 pages was where I mailed it in for awhile. I don't have that kind of time right now, which is on me. I knew I was signing up for something intense, but that was intense. A couple games at DM may not hurt.

Don't change your avi. The friend is distant now, and the guy set the fire himself. The reference was more about glass houses, but it doesn't matter. I personally don't take offense, maybe thought it was bad taste 

The bold is evident, and I'm probably about 10-16 months ahead of you on that curve. It's a lot, especially when you add in the fake "not sure where the line is" insult fighting. Playing mafia is an added dimension of mental strain at a time when you probably won't be sleeping, and you probably just don't need it in your life. That's why I'm suggesting if you keep playing, keep it constrained to the game play for now. Acclimate. Learn the logic, etc. Let the others bicker and stay out of it, it'll only wear you down. It burns me out every couple games now.

That said, historically I have 4-7 concurrent debates going on in each game. Everyone wants a shot at the champ, I give it to them, then it becomes my fault because I win and everyone else cries "obfuscation!"

That was around the time he had his heart attack - when he arsonist was in Boston. I forget who it was now.

I had no idea what you were talking about at first - thanks for editing it.

My Dad was in NY. I didn't know about a Boston arsonist, so I didn't know what you meant by "around the time". :)

I had no idea what you were talking about at first - thanks for editing it.

My Dad was in NY. I didn't know about a Boston arsonist, so I didn't know what you meant by "around the time". :)

Yeah I posted when I got a call.

The bold is evident, and I'm probably about 10-16 months ahead of you on that curve. It's a lot, especially when you add in the fake "not sure where the line is" insult fighting. Playing mafia is an added dimension of mental strain at a time when you probably won't be sleeping, and you probably just don't need it in your life. That's why I'm suggesting if you keep playing, keep it constrained to the game play for now. Acclimate. Learn the logic, etc. Let the others bicker and stay out of it, it'll only wear you down. It burns me out every couple games now.

That said, historically I have 4-7 concurrent debates going on in each game. Everyone wants a shot at the champ, I give it to them, then it becomes my fault because I win and everyone else cries "obfuscation!"

Thanks for that dude. And, I don't know how you do it, with all the stuff that you have going on, to be that involved. 

Thanks for the kinds words guys.  Muffin top and Boopsie were step for step with each other this game and really had to overcome a huge disadvantage being teamed up with Pac and emoApe.

It was probably our best games ever.  Definitely as a team.

We're proud to have won in the dominating fashion we did but it could have been ever more dominant if we had 2 different useful teammates.

Thanks for the kinds words guys.  Muffin top and Boopsie were step for step with each other this game and really had to overcome a huge disadvantage being teamed up with Pac and emoApe.

We're proud to have won in the dominating fashion we did but it could have been ever more dominant if we had 2 different useful teammates.

I still for the life of me cannot remember the name of the Mexican dude.  All I remember is he sucks at this game. 

Watching Ape take credit for this is awesome, lol..  If I wasn't his teammate I would have teamed up with Nolder and Verb to destroy him.  It was pretty clear he was scum.

Many exerted maximum effort in getting me lynched.  When they "won" that game they forgot to play the rest of it.

I guess what I'm saying is your welcome guys.. 

Watching Ape take credit for this is awesome, lol..  If I wasn't his teammate I would have teamed up with Nolder and Verb to destroy him.  It was pretty clear he was scum.

Many exerted maximum effort in getting me lynched.  When they "won" that game they forgot to play the rest of it.

If people would have listened to me on Crusher like they did when I nailed you I'd be town MVP. 

Great game, DPR.

Good win, scum.

I gave Ape a vest because I wanted to keep him alive regardless of alignment. It sucks when he dies early.

Also it never gets old that Ape always tries to take credit for how things end up

Great game, DPR.

Good win, scum.

I gave Ape a vest because I wanted to keep him alive regardless of alignment. It sucks when he dies early.

Also it never gets old that Ape always tries to take credit for how things end up

As it never gets old that nobody gives me any credit.

As it never gets old that Crusher is fat jokes.

As it never gets old that JIF is homotwink.

As it never gets old that CTM is creepy monster obsessed with gaying everything up.

As it never gets old that Pac is mexican't.

As it never gets old that Hess is texting and driving... and so on and so forth.

This is why we play... this is why we play.

^^ Nameless Mexican

Great game, DPR.

Good win, scum.

See this is exactly what I mean.  The old time JNer's know what to do to have an awesome game.  SMC has not been around for a long time but does exactly what needs to be done to make the game fun. 

If people would have listened to me on Crusher like they did when I nailed you I'd be town MVP. 

Go figure - 80 & Verbal were mostly on the money this game.  And we didn't even shoot at each other.

We need to fix this for next game, btw.

My own fault probably.  Works to my advantage when I'm scum sometimes.

No, it doesn't.

Go figure - 80 & Verbal were mostly on the money this game.  And we didn't even shoot at each other.

We need to fix this for next game, btw.

Naming names doesn't count, bub. You gotta bring that scum to their death, otherwise you are just an ape flinging feces.

Archived