Dia de Muerto - Mafia Win

DPR

Self reflection would go a long way for you.  Ape beat the snot out of you a few weeks back on this same thing.  You don't have the time spent and "buddy" relationship with people to make it ok for you to be a complete asshat.  You want to joke, awesome.  But you dive in face first and come across as a genuine dick.  There is a distinct difference that you have yet to learn.

Very true.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope everyone had a fun/safe Memorial Day weekend!

Good game everyone, and thank you DPR for running it here on JN. Thank you to Pac, Crusher and JIF my scum mates - to Pac for making himself and easy bus, and to Crusher and JIF for making me want to win it for them in the QT. Also, thank you to CTM for chiming in enough as a troll to have provided the appropriate aesthetic stench for this to feel like real JN mafia.

I'm burning the candle at both ends to put it mildly these days. I am truly regretful that my frustration and outburst may have impacted how Verbal was approaching the game, that said, I had already won favor over him throughout our arguing - since his case was complete and utter crap. So I'm hopeful it wasn't too much of an impact. :D

I'll poke around to chat with you all as often as I can, but I don't know that I'll be playing for a while. So, thanks for making this a fun one to cap off the spring.

Self reflection would go a long way for you. Ape beat the snot out of you a few weeks back on this same thing. You don't have the time spent and "buddy" relationship with people to make it ok for you to be a complete asshat. You want to joke, awesome. But you dive in face first and come across as a genuine dick. There is a distinct difference that you have yet to learn.

Dude you lead in post count and died day 2. Ape ate your lunch as well. There were enough tears in the dead thread to raise the titanic. If writing a dissertation and being speed lynched on day 2 is your living example on how to play well then I think I'm gonna pass but thanks. If I come off as a dick it probably has a lot to do with the fact that I am in fact a dick. If this helps readjust your expectations and gets you away from the fantasy that one day I'll bullsh*t with you about star trek, then great.

Hope everyone had a fun/safe Memorial Day weekend!

Good game everyone, and thank you DPR for running it here on JN. Thank you to Pac, Crusher and JIF my scum mates - to Pac for making himself and easy bus, and to Crusher and JIF for making me want to win it for them in the QT. Also, thank you to CTM for chiming in enough as a troll to have provided the appropriate aesthetic stench for this to feel like real JN mafia.

I'm burning the candle at both ends to put it mildly these days. I am truly regretful that my frustration and outburst may have impacted how Verbal was approaching the game, that said, I had already won favor over him throughout our arguing - since his case was complete and utter crap. So I'm hopeful it wasn't too much of an impact. :D

I'll poke around to chat with you all as often as I can, but I don't know that I'll be playing for a while. So, thanks for making this a fun one to cap off the spring.

I had no idea that you had something on your neck. I hope it gets better soon my man. Great game fwiw

Dude you lead in post count and died day 2. Ape ate your lunch as well. There were enough tears in the dead thread to raise the titanic. If writing a dissertation and being speed lynched on day 2 is your living example on how to play well then I think I'm gonna pass but thanks. If I come off as a dick it probably has a lot to do with the fact that I am in fact a dick. If this helps readjust your expectations and gets you away from the fantasy that one day I'll bullsh*t with you about star trek, then great.

He's more a Star Wars fan. 

@JiF: you don't think that the reason DCL received no items was because most people found him scummy, do you? Lol

Yet, somehow, he lasts to end game. H8 everyone. I'm bitter.

In all seriousness, having those 4 be scum is incredibly difficult. High post count, "usual suspects" that everyone enjoys lynching -- except crush, of course. Winning with a scum team with no low post count lurkers on it can be extremely difficult. You guys made good strategic moves from what I saw -- very good game, grats!

Are we going to get lunch one day? 

Yeah, we should try. I've been eating at my desk most days to make-up hours for doctor appointments for me and the baby, as well as the time I'm losing to daycare stuff... Perfect storm really. I've never been as spread out over as many projects as I am right now.

As it gets nicer out I'll set something up with you.... if they don't burn me out completely first.

Yeah, we should try. I've been eating at my desk most days to make-up hours for doctor appointments for me and the baby, as well as the time I'm losing to daycare stuff... Perfect storm really. I've never been as spread out over as many projects as I am right now.

As it gets nicer out I'll set something up with you.... if they don't burn me out completely first.

Okay, just as a heads up, my office is closed for all Jewish holidays, so I'll have to make sure I'm actually at work when making plans. 

I knew it. I was in cult with Ape. I tried to shoot Crusher and he backed me off it. I knew it. Well played.

Not that I blame you in a game so large and long, but you should have thought back to Ape defending Crusher against me over a joke at the very beginning. It ties all together doesn't it? He'd have no need to defend Crusher on thread and in a cult QT...unless they were on a team together.

Not that I blame you in a game so large and long, but you should have thought back to Ape defending Crusher against me over a joke at the very beginning. It ties all together doesn't it? He'd have no need to defend Crusher on thread and in a cult QT...unless they were on a team together.

People keep fatties around because they are fun to laugh at?

He's not talking about the game really. He's talking about getting along with the group here.

CRUSHER
05-13-2014
10:59 AM ET (US)
I was simply ignoring Nolder. Love you Bup-z.
Ape
05-13-2014
09:53 AM ET (US)
lol, crusher you are the only scum mate i'd ever try to protect. i'm trying to set this up where i can accuse arsis and nolder of "framing" me for protecting you, because they knew you were scum already - we'll see how it goes.

i'm already setting up the "nolder did nothing but trap townies with his stupid sh*t" narrative.

tumblr_n36ko0z4G11r7u0l1o1_500.png

So... Nolder's playing like a hot pile of sh*t. I love the irony that he's right about me, but holy ******* sh*t 90% of his posts are completely ******* absurd. I love it when someone's gut is right, and then they flail around trying to justify it with bad arguments.

This is exactly how I play most of the time.

I make gut checks then I try to justify them with logic.

It doesn't always work out but when my instincts are on they're ON and I know it.

It wont matter if I can justify it to the group or not, you wont be able to get me to back down most of the time if I know you're scum.

I'll sit there and waste my vote all game long and then tell everyone I told you so at the end before moving my vote elsewhere.

Speaking of told you so's...

He's not talking about the game really. He's talking about getting along with the group here.

Yes, I get it, and I say, **** that noise. I'd really be interested to know where the camaraderie builds when you are trying to play a game that you don't really understand, with people telling you that you suck, you're a fag, etc. I don't really care...it's the internet...I'm not going to walk away from the computer and punch a hole in a wall because some guy who's avatar says diaf said i'm hurting his sensitive side (spoiler alert my friends dad did diaf but whatever)

First and foremost it builds with understanding the game and playing it well.

If you're a cop and you've made some good reads and lead town to victory they'll love it.

Likewise nothing builds comradery like working with one or two guys to dupe like 15 other guys all hunting for your blood.

If you do those things while obviously not understanding the full measure of the game and/or while being an a$$hole you're not going to earn as much respect as a player as you might have otherwise. If you don't care that's fine but don't get bent out of shape when people who would have been your friend give you sh*t.

Um ok, so when someone makes an honest observation in thread and the response back from another player is "youre an idiot", that's really going to help someone get their confidence up to make reads and help the town along. To say that I don't care, or that I'm not trying, is to completely miss what I'm trying to say.

Yes, I get it, and I say, **** that noise. I'd really be interested to know where the camaraderie builds when you are trying to play a game that you don't really understand, with people telling you that you suck, you're a fag, etc. I don't really care...it's the internet...I'm not going to walk away from the computer and punch a hole in a wall because some guy who's avatar says diaf said i'm hurting his sensitive side (spoiler alert my friends dad did diaf but whatever)

Gear down there big rig no need to get all heated. It's a game and people can take more abuse and ribbing from their friends. You have to "pay your dues" before you can start giving it out as much as getting. It doesn't mean taking sh*t it just means don't go overboard giving back until you KNOW the person will take it well.

You can't know that at first.

Um ok, so when someone makes an honest observation in thread and the response back from another player is "youre an idiot", that's really going to help someone get their confidence up to make reads and help the town along. To say that I don't care, or that I'm not trying, is to completely miss what I'm trying to say.

Lizzie maguire: ape is scum

APE: you're a moron go die.

Lizzie Maguire: how dumb are you that an idiot like me saw through you so easily

Boom. Great response and no one is butthurt.

Gear down there big rig no need to get all heated. It's a game and people can take more abuse and ribbing from their friends. You have to "pay your dues" before you can start giving it out as much as getting. It doesn't mean taking sh*t it just means don't go overboard giving back until you KNOW the person will take it well.

You can't know that at first.

I understand that and I'm definitely not the one who fired the first shot around here. People want to dish stuff out but they're the first ones to complain that you're not making an effort to fit in. 

I'll give this one a 8.5.  You mixed in some self deprecation with trumped up anger and a slight dig. 

I would like to thank everyone for playing. 

Thank you buddy.  Dont blame yourself for making the entire game go Emo.  Seriously, its not your fault that this was the game that officially made the fore-founders obsolete.  Not at all, nah, not you, no way.

hehe

Archived