Bigger day next week: Jets run offense or Packers passing game?

Jetsfan80

It's hard to imagine the Packers falling to 0-2.  They're at home and have had 10 days to stew after a bad loss to Seattle.  But if we are to pull off the upset, we'll have to dominate on the ground and contain the Packer passing attack. 

Nelson and Cobb are tremendous weapons and with Eddie Lacy's status in doubt, the Packers can ill-afford to go run heavy like they did last week.  On the other side CJ and Ivory are pretty dangerous as well.  B.J. Raji's injury coupled with the fact that running in the direction of Julius Peppers has roughly a 98 % chance of being effective makes this the Packers' biggest weakness.

So how does it play out next week?  Will we control the game on the ground or do the Packers run away with this one through the air?

Who would have even thought in this direction before last week? I have hope we could do some real damage to Packers. I think Pryor will mark his turf and send either top WR to the bench for the remeinder of the game.

Yeah, the Jets running attack vs the GB dl is a great matchup. The GB WR and QB vs the Jets secondary is also a juicy matchup. I wonder if the points from the first matchup are more than the points from the second. Probably not. 

The Jets will have to play perfectly to beat GB.

That means no dumb INT or dumb fumbles by the QB. It means not taking a 20 yard sack to fall out of FG range.

And they will also need some luck i.e. a turnover or two by the Jets D. 

Yeah, the Jets running attack vs the GB dl is a great matchup. The GB WR and QB vs the Jets secondary is also a juicy matchup. I wonder if the points from the first matchup are more than the points from the second. Probably not. 

That means no dumb INT or dumb fumbles by the QB. It means not taking a 20 yard sack to fall out of FG range.

Plus The Jets need to play a clean game, cut way down on penalties.

I really feel good about this game.

I also like the reaction of Rex Ryan after yesterday's game in the locker room post game and in the press conference. It had made guys like Willie Colon man up to their penalties. So I see a clean run dominated game by the JETS with a stellar defense. And hey Milliner might be back as well.

This is key right there, when we force a fumble or get our hands on an int we need to come up with the ball. I think we get a couple of turnovers next Sunday. 

I really feel good about this game.

I also like the reaction of Rex Ryan after yesterday's game in the locker room post game and in the press conference. It had made guys like Willie Colon man up to their penalties. So I see a clean run dominated game by the JETS with a stellar defense. And hey Milliner might be back as well.

Vegas doesn't see it that way at all:

Jets at Packers (-8.5)

Watch for this line to rise; CG posted Green Bay -10 (even).

http://linemakers.sportingnews.com/nfl/2014-09-07/nfl-week-2-lines-point-spreads-odds-vegas-bears-vs-49ers-eagles-colts

Vegas doesn't see it that way at all:

Jets at Packers (-8.5)

Watch for this line to rise; CG posted Green Bay -10 (even).http://linemakers.sportingnews.com/nfl/2014-09-07/nfl-week-2-lines-point-spreads-odds-vegas-bears-vs-49ers-eagles-colts

And all this means is that they think people will bet GB and they're covering their bets. Not picking winners.

I've been more optimistic than most about the Jets but we're not winning this game.

I can see this being on of those torturous games where Rodgers kills us slowly, where we just won't get off the field. This will be another level entirely. Packers to win, potentially a blowout.

You think the Jets can run for 400 yards and score 4 or 5 TD's?

That's what Rogers will put up in the air against the weak Jets secondary.

Rogers will be running for his life, when he is not standing on the sideline watching our offense RUN down the field, AGAIN.

No way he passes for 400 yds and 4 or 5 TDs.  Not gonna happen.

So how did the Pat's do in Miami?  Cover?  Oh, wait...

It's hard to imagine the Packers falling to 0-2.  They're at home and have had 10 days to stew after a bad loss to Seattle.  But if we are to pull off the upset, we'll have to dominate on the ground and contain the Packer passing attack. 

Nelson and Cobb are tremendous weapons and with Eddie Lacy's status in doubt, the Packers can ill-afford to go run heavy like they did last week.  On the other side CJ and Ivory are pretty dangerous as well.  B.J. Raji's injury coupled with the fact that running in the direction of Julius Peppers has roughly a 98 % chance of being effective makes this the Packers' biggest weakness.

So how does it play out next week?  Will we control the game on the ground or do the Packers run away with this one through the air?

Here is what I think: Any game that the Jewts can really run the ball against this schedule---they have a shot.

Hey Fish, will the Jets have the exact same 53 man roster on the field Sunday as they did in those 3 games you reference?

Will the Packers?

Doesn't matter, Lambeau field isn't intimidating, and it hasn't been for a long time. History plays a part, it just does.

oh noes we're on the road at - OMIGOSH - Lambeau field. Might as not even go play the game. 

8-3 lifetime vs the Packers? I like my chances.

Against teams like the Eagles or Ravens that we never beat? Not so much. 

Pretty sure our corners will be tested next week ...this week was certainly no test and it was probably more along the lines of Jets fans getting a big fat slap in the ******* face next week. That's how we roll ...no ?

Depends. Our corners being tested leaves more time for their ol to be tested. I'd give up a couple of completions to put some fear in A.A. Ron.

Archived