Rex's lack of credibility...

BlakeSpenceBlockedPunt

You look around the league at the successful franchises that play sound football and compete on a year in, year out basis and what you see is a head coach that has credibility.  They call it like it is.  They are honest about their teams shortcomings and strengths.  Our head coach does not subscribe to this approach and I am fed up and tired of supporting it.

His defense is fantastic.  Except when it matters most.

His offense is explosive.  Except when it matters most.

His players are having breakout years.  Except when it matters most.

Rex has lost credibility with me.  His schemes now look gimmicky.  His schtick now sounds delusional.

We need a very hard nosed coach that calls it like it is and demands discipline and accountability from his players and coaches.

We all spend so much time wondering and debating whether we have the right QB.  We have to realize that we do not have the right coaches in place.  

The Rex Ryan era is on a significant downward trend.  And all we hear is how great things are.  Best team I've ever had.  Best DLine in the league.  No one runs on us (except in the 4th Q when we know it's coming).  Stop it.  Zip it.

He needs to go.  He has no credibility with me.  Shut up and sink or swim with results on the field.  His talk is very cheap.

I do not trust him to take this franchise where we all want it to go.  Next man up.  He had his time.  He had his chances.

it's not a credibility issue, he's just not a great NFL head coach.   if the team was loaded with talent there's a chance that Rex could get it done but 6 years in you expect a better product on the field.  

It's time for a coach with offensive background, I don't think we've had one since Kotite.  the stink of richie k is finally off this organization, it's time to try again.  

it's not a credibility issue, he's just not a great NFL head coach.   if the team was loaded with talent there's a chance that Rex could get it done but 6 years in you expect a better product on the field.  

It's time for a coach with offensive background, I don't think we've had one since Kotite.  the stink of richie k is finally off this organization, it's time to try again.  

Thats it in a nutshell -- not sure anything else needs to be said.

I'll defend Rex here.  He did his time in the trenches.  He worked his ass of to get where he is.

Rex is just a crappy head coach.  That's all.  If there is anyone that has no credibility with me it is Woody.

He has shown nothing but poor judgement when it comes to executive decisions and his overall

ownership history is a joke.  I will admit, Woody doesn't shy away from the fans and he has charisma. 

But this franchise would be different if the Rooney family owned it.  I can promise you that.

I'll defend Rex here.  He did his time in the trenches.  He worked his ass of to get where he is.

Rex is just a crappy head coach.  That's all.  If there is anyone that has no credibility with me it is Woody.

He has shown nothing but poor judgement when it comes to executive decisions and his overall

ownership history is a joke.  I will admit, Woody doesn't shy away from the fans and he has charisma. 

But this franchise would be different if the Rooney family owned it.  I can promise you that.

Almost agree 100% but will differ on this...Rex is not a crappy head coach, he is an average head coach. He has the ability to turn a bottom dweller team and lead them to anywhere from 6 - 10 wins. He does not, however, have the ability to lead a 7 or 8 win team up to 10 or 11 wins.  There have been A LOT of coaches who could never do that in this league.

With that said, after yesterday I am off the Rex wagon for this team. Too many mistakes that we have been seeing for 6 years now. Ill advised challenges costing us precious timeouts, a defense that cannot make a big stop when needed, hindered offensive play, yada yada yada. 

The league has moved on to an offensive league and we need a coach who fits in with this era of football. 

I could not agree more. The great thing is as soon as Geno takes his first snap next week, Rex is officially gone. No other coach in this league would start Geno after a 1-3 start and 7 turnovers. NO ONE. Especially with Vick on the bench. But Rex will leave him in until the playoffs are out of reach and until he is absolutely shell shocked. The first snap of next weeks game will be the point when Idzik decides to fire him, he may wait a while, but that will be the straw.

Rex is sending a message, by sticking with Geno, that it's Ok to completely fail at your job and still be a starter. He did it with Eric Smith, Bart Scott, Sanchez, Milliner, Greene, Holmes, ... etc.

He is a coordinator, not a head coach. PERIOD

I agree that Geno playing means the end of Rex but for a different reason...if Geno plays (and I honestly don't think Vick will do any better so I don't agree with playing him) it means that Idzik is probably forcing Rex to play Geno. I thoroughly believe that Idzik has a 3-5 year strategy that he is sticking to regardless if Rex is the HC or not. Vick playing means nothing to Idzik, it is more important to see if Geno can salvage anything meaningful out of this season and pull his head out of his ass quick. 

Lol nice defense

I could not agree more. The great thing is as soon as Geno takes his first snap next week, Rex is officially gone. No other coach in this league would start Geno after a 1-3 start and 7 turnovers. NO ONE. Especially with Vick on the bench. But Rex will leave him in until the playoffs are out of reach and until he is absolutely shell shocked. The first snap of next weeks game will be the point when Idzik decides to fire him, he may wait a while, but that will be the straw.

Rex is sending a message, by sticking with Geno, that it's Ok to completely fail at your job and still be a starter. He did it with Eric Smith, Bart Scott, Sanchez, Milliner, Greene, Holmes, ... etc.

He is a coordinator, not a head coach. PERIOD

But rex holds rookie punt returners accountable!!!

I agree that Geno playing means the end of Rex but for a different reason...if Geno plays (and I honestly don't think Vick will do any better so I don't agree with playing him) it means that Idzik is probably forcing Rex to play Geno. I thoroughly believe that Idzik has a 3-5 year strategy that he is sticking to regardless if Rex is the HC or not. Vick playing means nothing to Idzik, it is more important to see if Geno can salvage anything meaningful out of this season and pull his head out of his ass quick.

And who forced rex to stick with sanchez?

And who forced rex to stick with sanchez?

Noone...the fact that they didn't have another QB on the team forced them to start Sanchez. I 110% agree that Rex sticks with certain players too long (hell, Pace should be retired somewhere right now)...but like he said, NO HC who is playing for his job would start Geno next week...if he does, it tells you that his job has already most likely been lost. 

Noone...the fact that they didn't have another QB on the team forced them to start Sanchez. I 110% agree that Rex sticks with certain players too long (hell, Pace should be retired somewhere right now)...but like he said, NO HC who is playing for his job would start Geno next week...if he does, it tells you that his job has already most likely been lost.

Setting a record for pick 6s are ok but god help you if you muff a punt under Rex!!

Archived