How to build a winning NFL franchise

neckdemon

Bill: Ted, while I agree that, in time, our band will be most triumphant. The truth is, Wyld Stallyns will never be a super band until we have Eddie Van Halen on guitar.

Ted: Yes, Bill. But, I do not believe we will get Eddie Van Halen until we have a triumphant video.

Bill: Ted, it's pointless to have a triumphant video before we even have decent instruments.

Ted: Well, how can we have decent instruments when we don't really even know how to play?

Bill: That is why we NEED Eddie Van Halen!

Ted: And THAT is why we need a triumphant video.

Bill, Ted: EXCELLENT!

Bill: Ted, while I agree that, in time, our band will be most triumphant. The truth is, Wyld Stallyns will never be a super band until we have Eddie Van Halen on guitar.

Ted: Yes, Bill. But, I do not believe we will get Eddie Van Halen until we have a triumphant video.

Bill: Ted, it's pointless to have a triumphant video before we even have decent instruments.

Ted: Well, how can we have decent instruments when we don't really even know how to play?

Bill: That is why we NEED Eddie Van Halen!

Ted: And THAT is why we need a triumphant video.

Bill, Ted: EXCELLENT!

you are proving my point. give eddie van halen a fender squire and he's gonna play the sh*t out of it. give your team joe Montana, or peyton manning and you have a team that will win

It's not like either of those guys have ever been available though. :shoots self:

well obviously. my point here is that until you find a franchise qb you continue looking for one relentlessly. you don't go about your business as if your team isn't good enough yet to get the franchise qb yet. obviously its not as easily done as it is said. but you don't rest until you find him.

If the Jets would have got Peyton Manning over Denver then Rex Ryan is considered one of the best HC's in the league and Jeremy Kerley is an all-pro.

They are everything. The NFL has killed the importance of anything else.

True. All of it. Hell qb so important even when you have the man you should still draft another in first 3 rounds each year

If the Jets would have got Peyton Manning over Denver then Rex Ryan is considered one of the best HC's in the league and Jeremy Kerley is an all-pro.

They are everything. The NFL has killed the importance of anything else. 

lol

Peyton Manning is an overrated, stat-padding choke artist who looks great against bottom feeders than goes one-and-done in the post season when its time for big boy football.

Also, he doesn't have the balls to come to Brady and Belichick's division. Believe that.

Is this a serious retort? My friend, those guys put their team in position to make a run every year. Not winning the Super Bowl in one year is hardly an indictment. What a silly notion.

Yes did you notice the demise in New England it isn't Brady he has terrible WRs if it weren't for Gronkowski he would be bad.

Sanchez made 2 runs 2009-2010 where is he now?

What's silly is expecting Geno to carry this team when he cant and wont.

so you are telling me that if an Andrew luck caliber qb is sitting there for us at this years draft your opinion would be to pass him up because we don't have good enough receivers?

Don't get qb until you have weapons, and don't get weapons until you have a qb. The wheels on the crazy bus go round and round.

JETS do get a potential franchise QB almost every 4 years or so. But they can never develop them into a franchise QB. So its not the getting part JETS have trouble with BUT its the developing part that they have no clue about.

franchise qb's are not really developed. its in their dna already. drafting a qb early doesn't make him a real potential franchise qb. it just makes him a hopeful. problem is the jets suck at drafting qb's ever since joe Namath.

Yes did you notice the demise in New England it isn't Brady he has terrible WRs if it weren't for Gronkowski he would be bad.

Sanchez made 2 runs 2009-2010 where is he now?

What's silly is expecting Geno to carry this team when he cant and wont.

Lol you think I am a geno fan? I wouldn't trust him to throw a game if he took a bribe.

Don't get qb until you have weapons, and don't get weapons until you have a qb. The wheels on the crazy bus go round and round.

its a ridiculous way to look at it. you get the franchise qb and then you do 2 things.

1. you build a great o-line to protect your decade long dynasty creator

1a. you get him weapons to throw the ball to and hand it off to.

lol

Peyton Manning is an overrated, stat-padding choke artist who looks great against bottom feeders than goes one-and-done in the post season when its time for big boy football.

Also, he doesn't have the balls to come to Brady and Belichick's division. Believe that.

Re-evaluate your life. 

If you're in the midst of figuring out your QB situation you have to make sure your offensive line is good. One bad wheel can ruin the entire operation. We've ignored the oline for a while now. We havent drafted a decent lineman since the 06 draft....and Brick and Mangold aren't nearly the players they once were.

If you're in the midst of figuring out your QB situation you have to make sure your offensive line is good. One bad wheel can ruin the entire operation. We've ignored the oline for a while now. We havent drafted a decent lineman since the 06 draft....and Brick and Mangold aren't nearly the players they once were.

I wonder what pete kendall is up to

franchise qb's are not really developed. its in their dna already. drafting a qb early doesn't make him a real potential franchise qb. it just makes him a hopeful. problem is the jets suck at drafting qb's ever since joe Namath.

I am sure they have to have to be born with natural talent but  lets not say coaching staff does not play a role in developing a QB. And its quiet different from what JETS coaching staff usually does and that is destroy any shred of confidence the QB might have.

JETS do get a potential franchise QB almost every 4 years or so. But they can never develop them into a franchise QB. So its not the getting part JETS have trouble with BUT its the developing part that they have no clue about.

Franchise QBs don't require much help. You are overstating the coaches value. If what you're saying is true, then Belichick should've had himself about 10 all pro QBs. Outside of Brady, his best QB is Matt Cassell, a journeyman at best. You need a lot of luck to go with evaluations.

its a ridiculous way to look at it. you get the franchise qb and then you do 2 things.

1. you build a great o-line to protect your decade long dynasty creator

1a. you get him weapons to throw the ball to and hand it off to.

Agreed 100%. That's why I was hoping for Kelvin in the first or Jordan Mathews in the 2nd. Either of those picks could've turned this offense into an above average offense. Watkins was my pipe dream but he was out of range. Wasn't too high on Cooks but he's playing pretty good though.

Archived