START MATT SIMMS

CobraVerde

Which is why i dont understand why people are like Matt SImms sucks. No practice and he played well made the right calls. Vick with or without practice is no better. Can you imagine if Simms gets a few weeks to get down the timing? yet coaches put Vick back in...-__-

I feel as you do. I mean we have seen Geno plenty to know he is by far the worst qb in the NFL. Vick we have seen for decades....What exactly do we have to lose? This might actually be Rex's Hail Mary.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup.  But at the end of the season send him packing too.  He's never gonna be a starting QB in the NFL.  Doesn't even look like he could be a backup.

This you can tell by him coming in relief and receiving zero time in practice with the starting offense? Impossible to do.

This you can tell by him coming in relief and receiving zero time in practice with the starting offense? Impossible to do.

What the fk do I know.  I'm not a professional.  I have just watched the NFL for over 50 years.  Call it a vibe, but from what I've seen from Simms since he's been here has not impressed me.  Certain guys just have "it" and Simms doesn't IMO. 

And if the kid could play, why is he on the practice squad?  

What the fk do I know.  I'm not a professional.  I have just watched the NFL for over 50 years.  Call it a vibe, but from what I've seen from Simms since he's been here has not impressed me.  Certain guys just have "it" and Simms doesn't IMO. 

And if the kid could play, why is he on the practice squad?  

That is like asking why was Geno starting? Horrible QB and CB evaluators on this team.

same situtation as vick basically but vick put up a 105 rating with some rushing yards.  give vick and harvin 2-3 more weeks and they will make simms a distant memory

same situtation as vick basically but vick put up a 105 rating with some rushing yards.  give vick and harvin 2-3 more weeks and they will make simms a distant memory

Im not interested in having 2-3 more weeks of mediocre play from a guy that will get hurt every game and is only here to collect a check. Simms wants to play and can play . He can throw to harvin and is more accurate. He had NO practice with the the team at all. 

Not so. Vick has always gone back to his roots...Injuries and bad decisions.

Im not interested in having 2-3 more weeks of mediocre play from a guy that will get hurt every game and is only here to collect a check. Simms wants to play and can play . He can throw to harvin and is more accurate. He had NO practice with the the team at all. 

vick has had 3 more practices with the starters than simms

you start simms you lose the locker room 

it's really that simple

it's really that simple

Because "losing the locker room" of a completely dysfunctional 1-8 team is such a big ******* deal, amirite?

**** the locker room.  If they're not Pro enough to deal, they're on their way out anyway.

Hell, most o fthem are on their way our anyway, so who cares?

Because "losing the locker room" of a completely dysfunctional 1-8 team is such a big ******* deal, amirite?

**** the locker room.  If they're not Pro enough to deal, they're on their way out anyway.

Hell, most o fthem are on their way our anyway, so who cares?

no, you never lose most of the players.  most of the staff is in trouble.  it can get worse.

they only gave up 199 yards passing and once again had no turnovers, and won TOP.  the season is over, but it can get worse.  starting simms makes no sense on any level.  the fans can get pissed and talk sh*t, bu the team has to be grown ups and make grown up decisions

do you have any real football reasons to start simms ?  what has he shown you ?  is this all about the salsa ?

no, you never lose most of the players.  most of the staff is in trouble.  it can get worse.

they only gave up 199 yards passing and once again had no turnovers, and won TOP.  the season is over, but it can get worse.  starting simms makes no sense on any level.  the fans can get pissed and talk sh*t, bu the team has to be grown ups and make grown up decisions

do you have any real football reasons to start simms ?  what has he shown you ?  is this all about the salsa ?

Check his scouting report. He plays with better tempo. Ive posted vids in the START MATT SIMMS THREAD. His preseason play though little shows that he has good pocket presence and you cant sit there and tell me his arm isnt the strongest as well. he has football pedigree with his father being a super bowl wining qb so im pretty sure Matt Simms has had better coaching than any of the current Jets QB coaches or better than anyone Vick & Geno had.

Check his scouting report. He plays with better tempo. Ive posted vids in the START MATT SIMMS THREAD. His preseason play though little shows that he has good pocket presence and you cant sit there and tell me his arm isnt the strongest as well. he has football pedigree with his father being a super bowl wining qb so im pretty sure Matt Simms has had better coaching than any of the current Jets QB coaches or better than anyone Vick & Geno had.

my take on simms is he has good arm talent, good charisma and leadership, but so-so decision making and average accuracy at best, and very few starts since high school and is super raw.  

pedigree is meaningless

don't ruin him by pushing him out there waaaaay before he is ready.

let him earn the back-up job before you start him over a veteran with playoff wins under his belt and "icon" status in the locker room.  this season can get way worse if the team quits because you start a PS player for the **** of it

starting simms makes no sense on any level

it's really that simple

They are 1-8 it does not get worse...Unless they go back in time and lose to the Raiders. Most of the team wanted Simms last year anyway. I am not labeling Simms as the answer...I am labeling him as much more talented than Geno and deserves a few games under his belt. If je is terrible, we know that he belongs out of football or at least out of here....We did give an undrafted free agent a chance a chance once...Wayne turned out to be pretty darn good...when a team is as bad as the Jets truly are, that is when you give players a chance and see what they have.

my take on simms is he has good arm talent, good charisma and leadership, but so-so decision making and average accuracy at best, and very few starts since high school and is super raw.  

pedigree is meaningless

don't ruin him by pushing him out there waaaaay before he is ready.

let him earn the back-up job before you start him over a veteran with playoff wins under his belt and "icon" status in the locker room.  this season can get way worse if the team quits because you start a PS player for the **** of it

starting simms makes no sense on any level

All good points.  I'd like to counter some of them with this

The season is lost.   

Smith is a bust

Vick won't be here next season.

You have a kid buried in the depth chart, under failed QB's.  

Simms has excellent arm talent, and as you pointed out, almost no experience.  Nows the time to give him some experience.  There is absolutely nothing to lose.  If it turns out he has zilch.  Great.  Then the Jets get Jameis Winston next year.

if the kid plays decent football the second half, well, you keep him on the roster, and let him compete next year.

There is just no downside to giving Simms a couple of starts.  If he sucks, he sucks.  I'm sure he won't suck as bad as Smith

They are 1-8 it does not get worse...Unless they go back in time and lose to the Raiders. Most of the team wanted Simms last year anyway. I am not labeling Simms as the answer...I am labeling him as much more talented than Geno and deserves a few games under his belt. If je is terrible, we know that he belongs out of football or at least out of here....We did give an undrafted free agent a chance a chance once...Wayne turned out to be pretty darn good...when a team is as bad as the Jets truly are, that is when you give players a chance and see what they have.

nobody wanted simms last year you are just making sh*t up now.  geno's problem is brains and heart, simms is not as talented as geno.  not even close really.  

chrebet earned it in camp, simms earned getting waived and being put on the PS

if you start simms, it's the last week of the season.  

it can get waaaaay worse.  There isn't a single legit football reason to start simms.  starting him tells the team "**** it, we give up" and then the team mails it in and then 24-10 becomes 38-0

nobody wanted simms last year you are just making sh*t up now.  geno's problem is brains and heart, simms is not as talented as geno.  not even close really.  

it can get waaaaay worse.  There isn't a single legit football reason to start simms.  starting him tells the team "**** it, we give up" and then the team mails it in and then 24-10 becomes 38-0

The Jets were again 2 scores down today. AND AGAIN they huddled up, ran the ball, goofed off, wasted timeouts,  got called for delay on a punt. Please-this team has been given up on by the CS already. There's no reason toe ver play Smith  again, and Vick while game is done. Start Simms and see what thou have.

The Jets were again 2 scores down today. AND AGAIN they huddled up, ran the ball, goofed off, wasted timeouts,  got called for delay on a punt. Please-this team has been given up on by the CS already. There's no reason toe ver play Smith  again, and Vick while game is done. Start Simms and see what thou have.

There was no urgency I noticed that as well. Simms has nothing we need to further evaluate Geno for the remaining games

Calling me a liar doesn't make your point any stronger. Players absolutely wanted Simms and there were plenty of articles stating as much after the barrage of interceptions. If you disagree with,  that is fine...but either make a point or be quiet. Just because you did not know something, doesn't mean it didn't happen. 

because an entire season and a half isnt enough for you to make an assessment?

Not according to some people...we need to waste the rest of it by learning nothing..I just do not get it.....I agree with you Cobra, enough of pointlessly wasting time as we have for the past 4 seasons.

Calling me a liar doesn't make your point any stronger. Players absolutely wanted Simms and there were plenty of articles stating as much after the barrage of interceptions. If you disagree with,  that is fine...but either make a point or be quiet. Just because you did not know something, doesn't mean it didn't happen. 

my google must be broken.  back it up.  simms was never the backup.  do you mean garrard ?

Not according to some people...we need to waste the rest of it by learning nothing..I just do not get it.....I agree with you Cobra, enough of pointlessly wasting time as we have for the past 4 seasons.

So lets start Vick who wont be here next year or Simms who if he wasn't on the Jets practice squad he would be out of the NFL love Jets fans how rational and football smart they are.

All good points.  I'd like to counter some of them with this

The season is lost.   

Smith is a bust

Vick won't be here next season.

You have a kid buried in the depth chart, under failed QB's.  

Simms has excellent arm talent, and as you pointed out, almost no experience.  Nows the time to give him some experience.  There is absolutely nothing to lose.  If it turns out he has zilch.  Great.  Then the Jets get Jameis Winston next year.

if the kid plays decent football the second half, well, you keep him on the roster, and let him compete next year.

There is just no downside to giving Simms a couple of starts.  If he sucks, he sucks.  I'm sure he won't suck as bad as Smith

you have to remember your future GM is watching, future coach, future free agents.  you can't start a PS QB in november.  not with a healthy vick

the smart play is to start vick as long as he is healthy.  if he gets hurt and geno is healthy, you play geno.

you could give simms the last game, or maybe even the 2nd half of the last game, that is it

as screwed up as this team is, giving up in november is insane, even with the playoffs out of the question

you have to remember your future GM is watching, future coach, future free agents.  you can't start a PS QB in november.  not with a healthy vick

the smart play is to start vick as long as he is healthy.  if he gets hurt and geno is healthy, you play geno.

you could give simms the last game, or maybe even the 2nd half of the last game, that is it

as screwed up as this team is, giving up in november is insane, even with the playoffs out of the question

I can kind of agree with this until you mentioned Geno. If Geno sees the field again the Jets are a joke. Simms deserves to be the back up at this point and start after thanksgiving or if Vick gets hurt. He could start right now but this coaching staff is so inept at judging talent I'm not sure it would prove anything one way or another.

This team gave up many games ago Larz

nope.   it looks like they were down 14-0 in 3 minutes today, but lost 24-10.  that isn't a team that gave up, that is a team that was over matched or/and outcoached.  

if they gave up it's 38-0

I was too. It was kind of fun having a whole section to myself at times.

lol  Right?  All us diehards never left early.  Made for an easy commute home.  

Funny, those were fun times even though we were a joke.  I miss how the stadium was back then.  Some really insane times. 

lol  Right?  All us diehards never left early.  Made for an easy commute home.  

Funny, those were fun times even though we were a joke.  I miss how the stadium was back then.  Some really insane times.

I agree man. The tailgating was awesome, everyone was friendly. It was a lot of fun.

Archived