START MATT SIMMS

CobraVerde

I was in the vick camp since the summer, then i was on the vick train when it was obvious (again) that geno cant read a watch much a defense. I advocated for vick when the pats looked briefly vulnerable. But the jets waited too long as usual--of course geno had to ruin everything by not being a total train wreck against new england. Bye week was a perfect time to make this move with only one division loss behind us. But Now the season is flushed. At this point i dont care who plays as long as it isnt geno. Still think vick is better than simms but who cares? Throw simms in there if vick stinks it up. As others have said he has to be given a game for a lot of reasons. I still believe vick is going to surprise a lot of fans with what he can do after getting a full week of practice in.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think they are finding a tactful way to elevate Simms with the sore shoulder thing with Smith.  Rex said to day they might promote Simms if Smith's shoulder is still sore

you might be right but why the Hell do we need tactful? If you stink you need to be told you stink or you will forever stink. watch Rex give geno a trophy for showing up the the meetings this week

Enough of your Geno love, enough of your ridiculous Vick love. Start Simms. Start the home town kid with championship pedigree. Give him the rest of the season. All last year i said Geno sucks and all the majority of you did was call me crazy. Well if that makes me nuts ill embrace insanity. At least ill be more sane than the many of you who honestly i dont even know what you want. I know what Geno offers, I KNOW what Vick offers (raise your hand if you saw him looking to his hand like it was injured while sitting next to Geno), and i know that even from the microscopic amount ive seen from Simms it still is a hell of a lot better than what ive seen from Geno thus far. I want to see if Simms is any good and if he sucks then cut him, cut geno, cut vick and start QB from scratch., theres no difference. But go ahead keep using the regurgitated excuse that we have no weapons.

MATT SIMMS SUCKS TOO! It should be obvious given that he cannot beat out Vick or Geno.

​Sorry, I'm relaxed now. :-)

MATT SIMMS SUCKS TOO! It should be obvious given that he cannot beat out Vick or Geno.

​Sorry, I'm relaxed now. :-)

Says who? Idzik and Rex? Bradway?

You mean the same guys that must have interviewed Geno UMPTEEN TIMES before the draft and came away saying, "THAT kid can PLAY in the NFL, Boyitellya!"

Suddenly you are going to trust their opinion on Simms? **** them!!!!

"**** them,and **** you, and **** you, you're cool, **** you..."

That Simms video shows that he has a better arm than both Vick and Geno put together, and he has mobility. So why shouldn't he be given a shot? Because he played against scrubs? He was also playing with scrubs! Who was that number 9 guy he was throwing to, and who was that number 44 guy - certainly wasn't John Riggins. If he doesn't get a shot this year, I hate the Jets.

Rich Cimini @RichCimini  ·  26m 26 minutes ago

The Jets have released LB A.J. Edds, team announced. #nyj

Will not be surprised if  Simms is moved up.

Assuming Vick plays great, I still have a lot of doubts of Vick lasting physically till end of the season. And I am sure so does the coaching staff. So  i can see Simms getting the opportunity to back up Geno OR even step on the field to see what he has got.

Says who? Idzik and Rex? Bradway?

You mean the same guys that must have interviewed Geno UMPTEEN TIMES before the draft and came away saying, "THAT kid can PLAY in the NFL, Boyitellya!"

Suddenly you are going to trust their opinion on Simms? **** them!!!!

"**** them,and **** you, and **** you, you're cool, **** you..."

Says a Jets fan which is....ahem, me. 

I've seen nothing from Matt that tells me he can do any better. I dont even like Simms release. He's barely better than me and I stink at QB. 

I'd be 100% fine with starting simms, gives us a better chance at getting that top pick.  It will never happen, as I'm sure has already been mentioned, simply becuase you can't sell Matt Simms starting over Vick to a team full of 52 other guys who are risking their health on every single snap.  

Is he not black enough??? JeeZ...the other 52 must be excited about Vick. Starting SIMMS is an insult to the other 52? That's crazy!!

Well someone has to backup Vick!!! What are the other 52 gonna do if Simms is back up, roll over and die?

Jeez...I guess I'm just sooo wrong it laughable.

Simms Can do better than both of them, IMO

i personally believe that there is internal hate in the Jets org for Phil Simms which is why the organization has completely blacked Matt out and there is absolute silence. Phil Simms is a well known Jets hater and i feel like he cant stand that his son plays for them. just me.

This sh*t pisses me off so much. such trash

Jets could use roster opening to sign QB Matt Simms from P.S. Ryan mentioned it as possibility if Smith (shoulder) can't practice. #nyj

Jets release LB A.J. Edds, sign cornerback: With a glut of linebackers on the 53-man roster, the New York Jets... http://tinyurl.com/nflfnz7 

i personally believe that there is internal hate in the Jets org for Phil Simms which is why the organization has completely blacked Matt out and there is absolute silence. Phil Simms is a well known Jets hater and i feel like he cant stand that his son plays for them. just me.

Maybe.. But they DID sign him, so he should be grateful.

I am absolutely beside myself that they are trotting out two 50% completion rate-wont-be-here-next-year QBs without giving Simms a look-see.

At the very least, he should be Sundays back up QB.

so I guess all 32 teams hate phils simms as none of them signed matt when he was waived ?

What's the hope for Simms anyways? That he turns into a serviceable backup?

That would be start. We don't have a serviceable backup.

My hope is that hes a starter. As silly as many here think that is, I do not.. I saw a kid with fire and enthusiasm and slapping teammates helmets. ..And that was the preseason. The two other guys were sh*t on a stick during the REGULAR season. They were so indifferent that they could not even bother to prepare like PROS. They're were a disgrace.

I have no problem dedicating my hard-earned 3 hrs in Sunday for someone that gives a sh*t as much as I do. Geno and, especially, Vick have not earned that designation.

Big kid with a big arm. Stranger sh*t has happened in this league.

That would be start. We don't have a serviceable backup.

My hope is that hes a starter. As silly as many here think that is, I do not.. I saw a kid with fire and enthusiasm and slapping teammates helmets. ..And that was the preseason. The two other guys were sh*t on a stick during the REGULAR season. They were so indifferent that they could not even bother to prepare like PROS. They're were a disgrace.

I have no problem dedicating my had earned 3 hrs in Sunday for someone that gives a sh*t as much as I do. Geno and, especially, Vick have not earned that designation.

Big kid with a big arm. Stranger sh*t has happened in this league.

I don't hate Simms, but if his ceiling is that of a backup in the distant future, if I'm a coach I'm questioning why he needs that much time with the 1s. End of the day this is still an offense with a lot of players that are going to be here next year. I don't see how they benefit from Simms being out there over Vick.

Michael Vick for now is the starter!

...because if his salary, not his preparedness, which is an insult to jets fans. Absolutely disgusting.

When he ADMITTED he wasn't really prepared was a disgrace. I'm a fan of this team. I love this team probably too much. I live the game of football probably too much.

When he admitted that I just couldn't believe it. It's an indictment on him. It's an indictment on Rex. On Marty m. On idzik. How about his play on Sunday? Did that look like a prepared veteran to you?

It represented everything that is wrong with this franchise.

AAAARRRGGGGGHHHHHH.

What a POS. I truly hope somebody Napoleon-Kaufmans his legs.

How about that Geno-mentoring? How'd that go?

This franchise has hit an all-time low trotting Michael Vick out there on Sunday.

I don't hate Simms, but if his ceiling is that of a backup in the distant future, if I'm a coach I'm questioning why he needs that much time with the 1s. End of the day this is still an offense with a lot of players that are going to be here next year. I don't see how they benefit from Simms being out there over Vick.

Agreed. There's a lot of guys who will be getting valuable reps for the rest of the season and as bad as Vick has been, he's probably the best option we have to both evaluate some of them and enhance their development.  

Agreed. There's a lot of guys who will be getting valuable reps for the rest of the season and as bad as Vick has been, he's probably the best option we have to both evaluate some of them and enhance their development.  

On offense? Who...?

Oh, of course, Vicks professionalism and 50% completion % and his turnover-prone body of work will further allow a bunch of idiots to assess the team.

On offense? Who...?

Ehh, by a lot I probably only meant two: Amaro and decide whether or not we want to keep Harvin. 

Edit: Defensively, I think all those guys will show up to play, as that seems to be the attitude of that unit, but it'll be easier for them to rally behind a guy like Vick than anyone else.  I dunno, I could care less at the moment. I've never rooted for a loss, but if they don't land Mariota, Winston or Cooks, it's going to be a rough few years for this franchise as there's almost no way Idzik or the next GM allows us to have a 2 or 3 win season. They'll spend and get us to a middling team again and flush away any chances of landing a top-end QB prospect.  Sure, we could luck into one rounds 2-7, I'm just not holding my breath.

Oh, of course, Vicks professionalism and 50% completion % and his turnover-prone body of work will further allow a bunch of idiots to assess the team.

Your snark aside, Vick is a better option than anyone on our current team at the moment. There's a bluto blutarsky percent chance of anyone giving any sort of effort if they trot Matt Simms out over Vick. Like it or not, every one on that team respects the hell out of Vick and will get up to play for him, can't say the same for Simms or Geno at the moment. Not that I agree, it's just how it is.

Ehh, by a lot I probably only meant two: Amaro and decide whether or not we want to keep Harvin. 

Edit: Defensively, I think all those guys will show up to play, as that seems to be the attitude of that unit, but it'll be easier for them to rally behind a guy like Vick than anyone else.  I dunno, I could care less at the moment. I've never rooted for a loss, but if they don't land Mariota, Winston or Cooks, it's going to be a rough few years for this franchise as there's almost no way Idzik or the next GM allows us to have a 2 or 3 win season. They'll spend and get us to a middling team again and flush away any chances of landing a top-end QB prospect.  Sure, we could luck into one rounds 2-7, I'm just not holding my breath.

If Idzik isnt fired they cant draft a QB again to start him...bring in any vet. I'd feel much better about a rookie QB if an actual house cleaning takes place...

Your snark aside, Vick is a better option than anyone on our current team at the moment. There's a bluto blutarsky percent chance of anyone giving any sort of effort if they trot Matt Simms out over Vick. Like it or not, every one on that team respects the hell out of Vick and will get up to play for him, can't say the same for Simms or Geno at the moment. Not that I agree, it's just how it is.

I dont know how true this is...guys obviously like VIck...but he didnt even know the plays on Sunday. The whole team just doesnt give a sh*t and its evident...I'll give him this week against the Chiefs but if he fumbles the ball all over the place and knocks into his own teammates just put Simms in.

I dont know how true this is...guys obviously like VIck...but he didnt even know the plays on Sunday. The whole team just doesnt give a sh*t and its evident...I'll give him this week against the Chiefs but if he fumbles the ball all over the place and knocks into his own teammates just put Simms in.

I have no opposition to starting Simms, I just don't foresee it happening.

Archived