START MATT SIMMS

CobraVerde

Simms should have started 4 WEEKS AGO!!!!

This stupid franchise SUCKS at everything .... SIMMS IS THE BEST QB ON THE GODDAMN TEAM...

Rex has no balls. Marty has no balls. Idzyk has no balls.

Someone with balls would have started SIMMS. I am so sick of this damn team!!!

Pathetic. Worst team in the league.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're stating something like you know. You don't. You haven't seen enough of Simms to say he sucks.

The current staff made a decision that Geno and Vick were better than him. That decision has resulted in the worst QB play in the entire league.

Geno will not be here in 2015. Vick will not be here in 2015. It's a much bigger. Waste of time to start either one of them.

You're stating something like you know. You don't. You haven't seen enough of Simms to say he sucks.

The current staff made a decision that Geno and Vick were better than him. That decision has resulted in the worst QB play in the entire league.

Geno will not be here in 2015. Vick will not be here in 2015. It's a much bigger. Waste of time to start either one of them.

They won't get rid of Geno. Vick will be gone.

The thing is, Matt Simms wasn't good in college. He's been living on his last name for a number of years now.

Remember when people wanted Sanchez benched for another QB who ended up getting sacked like 12 times.

The future Jets QB is not on the roster. Just move on.

Happy GOB, I am resurrecting another Start Matt Simms thread even though the tone of the thread I was starting was COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM THIS ONE. 

I am resurrecting this thread before an actual Matt Simms supporter has a chance to. 

The reason I am starting this thread is because it is time to start Matt Simms so we can see exactly how bad he really is for ourselves and also so I don't have hear the peanut gallery bemoan his departure after this season and their incessant whining over him never getting a chance. 

The season is lost. 

There is nothing left to lose. 

Start Matt Simms. 

End the insanity.

At the very least, Simms should be promoted to the 53 man roster this week. 

yes. I guess it is possible, but I have a hard time believing any qb could be any worse than what we witnessed yesterday. we know geno is a bum. we know vick is a bum. lets find out for sure that simms is a bum. probably wont happen tho as rex is still fighting for his job. or he thinks he is, atleast

We should have had a REAL competition at QB this offseason.  We didn't, Geno was basicly "named" the QB without having to win it. 

Everything went downhill form there.

At this point, we are playing with house money, because at 1-7 this year is over, Rex's time here is over, and Geno Smith's era (lol) here is over.  All rightfully so.

Vick has no future here, nor should he.  He'll be cut at years end (or he should).

So why not play Simms?  At least we'd have the "root for the sh*tty underdog with thye NY famous name" thing to hang our hats on for a few weeks longer.

I'm willing to bet that Simms, if allowed to start, will not give up six turnovers in one game.  So nowhere to go but up.

Everyone who wants Simms to play needs to bombard ESPN on any and every social media platform. It is insane how there is yet any mention of bringing Simms up from the practice squad. Ryan Rucco talking about sticking with Geno the rest of the season wth is that??? 

Text 44202

https://twitter.com/ESPNNewYork

ESPN is running the Jets now?

Cobra...I'm on your side, bro. I can't, for the life of me, understand why Michael Vick is starting.

Here a scenario for all you anti-starting Simms people...

1) does the idea of gruden coaching the jets excite you?

2) if you answered 'yes'...I would bet dollars to doughnuts that gruden would have started SIMMS three games ago.

Forget my ridiculous hypothetical...why o why o why do you start Vick?? He won't be here for crissakes!!! You know what he is!!! You DO NOT know what Simms is...give the kid 8 games!!! Please, God.

Also...while I'm at it God...please give Crazy Carl fingers so fat that he cannot type for the rest of this thread. You owe me, God.

Forget my ridiculous hypothetical...why o why o why do you start Vick?? He won't be here for crissakes!!! You know what he is!!! You DO NOT know what Simms is...give the kid 8 games!!! Please, God.

Also...while I'm at it God...please give Crazy Carl fingers so fat that he cannot type for the rest of this thread. You owe me, God.

Vick is starting because Geno Nagle was so awful that Rex loses all credibility in the locker room if he puts him back out there.  Vick will undoubtedly get hurt at some point which allows Geno to get more reps down the road.   Simms should get a chance at some point but this isn't the week.  

it seems like this is a running theme with this team.   2 years ago it was McElroy now it's Simms.   We need a real QB in the worst way.  

simms is a PS player

let it go

if geno and vick get hurt, they will sign a street FA QB, not promote simms

let it go

I can't. I won't.

Simms just might suck. The probability is high, but I do not care. I saw a kid with fire and pumped up attitude when I did see him in preseason. The other two could not bring that during the regular season.

Both Geno and Vick played like they slept through meetings. I'm gonna go ahead and assume SIMMS won't do that. That's more than good enough for me.

I can't. I won't.

Simms just might suck. The probability is high, but I do not care. I saw a kid with fire and pumped up attitude when I did see him in preseason. The other two could not bring that during the regular season.

Both Geno and Vick played like they slept through meetings. I'm gonna go ahead and assume SIMMS won't do that. That's more than good enough for me.

I hear ya, but all 32 NFL teams passed on him as a back-up.  Even with the salsa moves.  

josh freeman, kevin kolb, even brady quinn would probably get a call first in a disaster

and he starts off rough but it's a great effort

Too bad the receivers were garbage. I think he could actually do something with the current roster.

hard finding any more vids

http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/videos/Matt-Simms-Completes-70yd-Pass-to-Ryan-Spadola/a482063a-2664-4551-bbb0-4fd3ef865680

He moves his feet well in the pocket. His arm is unreal.

It's so stupid to not start him at this point.

When Vick goes down they'll put Geno back in??

I'm outta my mind with this goddamn team!!!!

I know bro. If Geno goes into the Chiefs game in the second quarter because of injury I'm going to fall off my couch laughing at what a joke this team is.

I know bro. If Geno goes into the Chiefs game in the second quarter because of injury I'm going to fall off my couch laughing at what a joke this team is.

OMG if Geno goes back in...holy crap....oh good god... I'll be laughing right along with you.

I can hear Rex now, " I truly believed he gave us the best chance to come back, down 35 points and all."

Andy Reid, classy coach that he is, wont be able to contain himself and point his finger across the field and laugh like Nelson from the Simpsons. "Ah-ha!"

OMG if Geno goes back in...holy crap....oh good god... I'll be laughing right along with you.

I can hear Rex now, " I truly believed he gave us the best chance to come back, down 35 points and all."

Andy Reid, classy coach that he is, wont be able to contain himself and point his finger across the field and laugh like Nelson from the Simpsons. "Ah-ha!"

If Geno misses a meeting when he starts is there any chance he will miss the plane as the back up? Can't belive Simms hasn't been elevated yet. How many times during that Bills game did it look like they would have to go back to Geno? LOL buy some extra Bacon Ritz, this might be the best Jets memory ever.

If Geno misses a meeting when he starts is there any chance he will miss the plane as the back up? Can't belive Simms hasn't been elevated yet. How many times during that Bills game did it look like they would have to go back to Geno? LOL buy some extra Bacon Ritz, this might be the best Jets memory ever.

Mmmmmm.....Geno and bacon ritz....gghhhh

Think they are finding a tactful way to elevate Simms with the sore shoulder thing with Smith.  Rex said to day they might promote Simms if Smith's shoulder is still sore

Archived