NEED TO REPLACE REX AND GENO - Who are the Candidates?

Latinlawyer

It's more about the lack of control, the inability to "pick one's own guy" than any dislike for Rex personally. My point was that the Rex stipulation chased away several 'tier 1' GM candidates (despite 'slats' relentless insistence to the contrary, Gamble is included in that group), and is the reason we're stuck with a 2nd tier candidate in Idzik.

How many times exactly do you need to be proven wrong about the same exact thing before you just give up already?  It's one thing to disagree on a matter, but you've been given numerous examples in a number of threads now that completely contradict everything you've said, and have yet to provide one single item that in any way supports your claims.  Repeating things you've completely made up doesn't it true, and neither does having a fit of a neg-rep fest.  All it really does is show the hilarious irony that exists with your screen name.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many times exactly do you need to be proven wrong about the same exact thing before you just give up already?  It's one thing to disagree on a matter, but you've been given numerous examples in a number of threads now that completely contradict everything you've said, and have yet to provide one single item that in any way supports your claims.  Repeating things you've completely made up doesn't it true, and neither does having a fit of a neg-rep fest.  All it really does is show the hilarious irony that exists with your screen name.

Listen you clown-shoe, everything I've said in this thread is 100% true. Nothing I said was "proven wrong," you dolt; one poster (slats) just dug his heels in and denied every factual point I made. Slats' false claims do not count as "numerous examples."

Just because you like Rex and don't want to believe that Woody's insistence on him staying on as coach cost us Gamble as GM, doesn't make it true. That stipulation cost us Gamble, Telesco, and Caldwell. This isn't some wild-eyed conspiracy theory, everyone in football knew the deal. Everything I posted was widely reported at the time. All of the top-tier candidates dropping like flies is what led to the 11th hour desperation and the scraping of the bottom of the GM barrel, to find only capologists like Idzik and failed retreads like Sundquist.

Everything I posted in this thread is completely verifiable. Your BFF slats was already spanked for making up "facts" (such as Rex sitting in on the meeting, when in fact he was in the Bahamas at the time). But go ahead and keep on peddling BS while referring to it as "fact".

Listen you clown-shoe, everything I've said in this thread is 100% true. Nothing I said was "proven wrong," you dolt; one poster (slats) just dug his heels in and denied every factual point I made. Slats' false claims do not count as "numerous examples."

Just because you like Rex and don't want to believe that Woody's insistence on him staying on as coach cost us Gamble as GM, doesn't make it true. That stipulation cost us Gamble, Telesco, and Caldwell. This isn't some wild-eyed conspiracy theory, everyone in football knew the deal. Everything I posted was widely reported at the time. All of the top-tier candidates dropping like flies is what led to the 11th hour desperation and the scraping of the bottom of the GM barrel, to find only capologists like Idzik and failed retreads like Sundquist.

Everything I posted in this thread is completely verifiable. Your BFF slats was already spanked for making up "facts" (such as Rex sitting in on the meeting, when in fact he was in the Bahamas at the time). But go ahead and keep on peddling BS while referring to it as "fact".

All you've actually done here is proven my point.  Thanks.

I said Rex was sitting in on GM interviews, I didn't say he sat in on that particular one. Tom Gamble has a longstanding friendship with the Ryans, and would've been one of the few candidates who would've had no problem with keeping him on. Gamble postponed other interviews after his first with the Jets to focus on getting the Jets job that he expected to land. The Jets then decided to focus on "another candidate." Whether or not that was Idzik, I don't know. The facts seem to suggest that Gamble not only interviewed poorly with the Jets, but he interviewed poorly everywhere - because no one hired him to be their GM.

Like I said before, you have a valid complaint about the way Woody runs the team. Insisting on keeping the coach turned off a number of GM candidates, and rightly so. It's just that Gamble wasn't one of them. No idea why you insist on grasping to this particular straw, as it does nothing to help an otherwise strong argument. Really, all it does is make you a bad poster.

In other news, I'd be 100% in favor of firing Idzik, and offering Jim Harbaugh complete control and $50-60M in cap space to turn the franchise around. I don't see him as a long term solution, based solely on his personality, but I do think he could potentially work wonders in three or four years.

I said Rex was sitting in on GM interviews, I didn't say he sat in on that particular one. Tom Gamble has a longstanding friendship with the Ryans, and would've been one of the few candidates who would've had no problem with keeping him on. Gamble postponed other interviews after his first with the Jets to focus on getting the Jets job that he expected to land. The Jets then decided to focus on "another candidate." Whether or not that was Idzik, I don't know. The facts seem to suggest that Gamble not only interviewed poorly with the Jets, but he interviewed poorly everywhere - because no one hired him to be their GM.

Like I said before, you have a valid complaint about the way Woody runs the team. Insisting on keeping the coach turned off a number of GM candidates, and rightly so. It's just that Gamble wasn't one of them. No idea why you insist on grasping to this particular straw, as it does nothing to help an otherwise strong argument. Really, all it does is make you a bad poster.

Gamble was a casual acquaintance whose father worked with Buddy Ryan ages ago, not some "long-standing friend." He postponed other interviews after the first interview with the Jets, which went well by all accounts, because all parties involved believed his hire was a formality at that point. After that is when the Rex requirement became known, at which point he balked and went to interview with the Chargers. Then, all of a sudden, a flurry of reports come out saying he interviewed poorly with the Jets…mighty coincidental, no?

I insist on repeating this, which you refer to as "grasping to [a] particular straw," because you keep denying it's accuracy. Gamble may not dislike Rex personally, but as GM he wanted full control, which included the ability to hire "his guy" (who was widely believed to be Jim Tomsula of the 49ers).

In other news, I'd be 100% in favor of firing Idzik, and offering Jim Harbaugh complete control and $50-60M in cap space to turn the franchise around. I don't see him as a long term solution, based solely on his personality, but I do think he could potentially work wonders in three or four years.

On this point, we can agree (although I DO believe he can be a long term solution as well as a short term one). But our owner is a buffoon, so I highly doubt it happens.

100% chance if he is fired he is heading to Michigan.  Just look at whats happening to Hoke over there, there is no chance they would let him go elsewhere.  It would be embarrassing for the Jets to lose out to a college program thats a bigger mess than the Jets.

Poor Rex  never given a chance with this roster .. no cornerbacks , no wide outs  cant win in nfl .if we would have got revis back  u think jordy nelson gets 200 yards  jefferies 140 tate 120  we would have 3 wins different ballgame . Set it up for rex to fail  just dont get it

re: Amari.... 

CBS Sports' Dane Brugler notes that the New York Jets "need to add more weapons on offense" and Alabama junior WR Amari Cooper could be the target at the No. 5 pick in the 2015 draft.
"New York spent top dollar on Eric Decker, but due to injuries it's Jeremy Kerley who leads the team in receiving so far. Kerley is set to hit free agency after this season, but regardless if he's back for New York, the Jets need to add more weapons on offense for whoever is at quarterback," Brugler wrote. The 6-foot-1, 198 pound Cooper had nine catches for 91 yards in a 23-17 loss to Ole Miss on Saturday. Through five games this season, the Crimson Tide prospect has 52 receptions, for 756 yards and five touchdowns. Oct 6 - 2:52 PM

100% chance if he is fired he is heading to Michigan.  Just look at whats happening to Hoke over there, there is no chance they would let him go elsewhere.  It would be embarrassing for the Jets to lose out to a college program thats a bigger mess than the Jets.

How about Mich losing out to the Fish?

Think they are going to put a full court press on him, lots of money

He's not heading to Michigan - Big Ten is the black hole of College football....

re: Amari.... 

CBS Sports' Dane Brugler notes that the New York Jets "need to add more weapons on offense" and Alabama junior WR Amari Cooper could be the target at the No. 5 pick in the 2015 draft.
"New York spent top dollar on Eric Decker, but due to injuries it's Jeremy Kerley who leads the team in receiving so far. Kerley is set to hit free agency after this season, but regardless if he's back for New York, the Jets need to add more weapons on offense for whoever is at quarterback," Brugler wrote. The 6-foot-1, 198 pound Cooper had nine catches for 91 yards in a 23-17 loss to Ole Miss on Saturday. Through five games this season, the Crimson Tide prospect has 52 receptions, for 756 yards and five touchdowns. Oct 6 - 2:52 PM

we should just draft QBs round 1-7

Archived