2. Fans

3. Brett Favre

4. Manish Mehta

21. Scheming, subversive GMs

37. Threat of nor'easters

57. those who do not understand the BDSM lifestyle

326. Lighting

456. Phillip Rivers

You're right.  This roster is loaded and Rex is running it into the ground.

Only a Jet fan would create a thread pounding their chest about our team having a horrific game.

Despite yesterdays performance, and any other that may happen this year, Rex has still had more success as a HC of this team than any other in the 30 years I've been watching them. 

Period.

Only a Jet fan would create a thread pounding their chest about our team having a horrific game.

Despite yesterdays performance, and any other that may happen this year, Rex has still had more success as a HC of this team in the 30 years I've been watching them.  Period.

missing the last meeting before game day and the guy starts at qb. it's indefensible.

Despite yesterdays performance, and any other that may happen this year, Rex has still had more success as a HC of this team than any other in the 30 years I've been watching them.

Period.

Your definition of "success" is "not drowning in the Rio Grande."

To who, you?  An article I read earlier said that happens with most teams every west coast trip. 

yes to me, and it should to every fan also. but more importantly, just another example of rex having zero respect. sure he's fun to slap towels with in the locker room but no one fears letting him down. mo gets in a big fight, rex pulls him aside, does mo walk off the field with his head down, knowing he disappointed his coach? nope, arms up in champions' pose, triumphant victory lap. and now this? you are a starting QB in the NFL and you miss a team meeting before a critical game when your own leadership is being questioned and the coach does nothing? it's a frat house, not a professional organization. rex is too close to these guys and can't bring himself to punish them. it's a disservice to them in the long run.

Your definition of "success" is "not drowning in the Rio Grande."

That probably sounded funnier in your head..  If I didn't know you I'd think this was a little much.

and by "know you" I mean wanting to punch you in the face repeatedly.

That probably sounded funnier in your head.. If I didn't know you I'd think this was a little much.

and by "know you" I mean wanting to punch you in the face repeatedly.

I'm a liberal who supports immigration reform, so we should make out. Apologies if it was a bit harsh.

yes to me, and it should to every fan also. but more importantly, just another example of rex having zero respect. sure he's fun to slap towels with in the locker room but no one fears letting him down. mo gets in a big fight, rex pulls him aside, does mo walk off the field with his head down, knowing he disappointed his coach? nope, arms up in champions' pose, triumphant victory lap. and now this? you are a starting QB in the NFL and you miss a team meeting before a critical game when your own leadership is being questioned and the coach does nothing? it's a frat house, not a professional organization. rex is too close to these guys and can't bring himself to punish them. it's a disservice to them in the long run.

yeah I get your position..  I just skimmed the ZOMG GENO MISSED A MEETINGZ thread and saw the pandemonium.  I just think it's being overstated.  I'm fairly certain every NFL teams rules are flexible depending on the incident and who was involved.  Nothing about Genos history here would lead me to believe it's anything more than a harmless mistake.

yeah I get your position..  I just skimmed the ZOMG GENO MISSED A MEETINGZ thread and saw the pandemonium.  I just think it's being overstated.  I'm fairly certain every NFL teams rules are flexible depending on the incident and who was involved.  Nothing about Genos history here would lead me to believe it's anything more than a harmless mistake.

professionals should still be held accountable for mistakes--although not knowing to reset a watch when getting off a plane... now it makes sense why Marty is having to water down the playbook for this kid.

But besides, I think he missed the meeting as a mistake but he is obviously lying about the reason. He knew what time the movie started, didn't he? Or did he go to one of those special theaters that puts the showtimes on east coast time?

Favre missed entire training camps.

ah the old "someone else did it first" defense--the hallmark of not taking personal accountability for one's actions. my 5 year old daughter's favorite excuse also, incidentally.

Translation: KISS MY RING AND TELL ME I WAS RIGHT! THE TEAM SUCKS AND I AM SUFFERING THROUGH AN HORRIFIC SEASON WITH THE REST OF YOU BUT I WAS RIGHT!!! SO I AM AWESOMER THAN ALL OF YOU!!!

Well, I tried.

ah the old "someone else did it first" defense--the hallmark of not taking personal accountability for one's actions. my 5 year old daughter's favorite excuse also, incidentally.

What section of the Jets Handbook states that any player who misses a meeting will not start the following game?

missing the last meeting before game day and the guy starts at qb. it's indefensible.

Geno is IDzik's guy and he's the one who makes the QB decisions on this team. It's that simple. Rex can't start Vick he has to wait for Geno to get shell shocked to put him in. Rex has no juice it's all Idzik.

Sperm is wondering what happened to the good old days when he jumped onto message boards on the tail end of the Herm era and picked out a clever screen name. Those were the days he could treat everyone as though he knew everything and they would believe him.

Sperm is wondering what happened to the good old days when he jumped onto message boards on the tail end of the Herm era and picked out a clever screen name. Those were the days he could treat everyone as though he knew everything and they would believe him.

Being a little harsh, don't you think?

Geno is IDzik's guy and he's the one who makes the QB decisions on this team. It's that simple. Rex can't start Vick he has to wait for Geno to get shell shocked to put him in. Rex has no juice it's all Idzik.

dysfunctional. will someone remind me while an elite coach would want to come here?

you should be upset that you were right, not gloating about it. there were 10+ active posters who predicted disaster... you're the only one taking a victory lap.

He's the worst poster on this site. Jr128 has more cred than him. Please, let him look like an ass and gloat.

Archived