John Idzik: MERGED

detjetsfan69

Idzik's negligence and incompetence during the off-season is the #1 reason why we're going 4-12 this year. Instead of signing Revis or Cro and another WR like Desean Jackson the man sat on his hands and signed bargain bin trash like D'mitri Patterson and Jacoby Ford. We drafted defense in the first round the 50th year in a row and we didn't even take the right player. And then to top it all off the one big FA splash outside of Decker was Mike Vick and his $5 million deal. Rex and the coaching staff all need to go but I'm becoming a Giants fan if Idzik is allowed to stay and hire some scrub assistant from Seattle whose claim to fame is getting coffee for Pete Carroll.

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cro was burned for 200 plus yards by Manning. Revis looked good only int he 5th game of the season. Looked very very ordinary in the first 4 games. I could go on but can see where we are going with this. If anything you can blame him for a draft which is turning out to be less that stellar. Other than that the plan he has and the idea to get value withevery move will help the organization in the long run.

Not that I'm disagreeing with the premise of what your saying, but Woody doesn't have the balls to fire a GM after 2 years.  Rex is the fall guy this season.

Jets will finish 4-12 pass on Winston because he isn't a nice person, and draft a OG, with a 4th round grade at 4

Cro was burned for 200 plus yards by Manning. Revis looked good only int he 5th game of the season. Looked very very ordinary in the first 4 games. I could go on but can see where we are going with this. If anything you can blame him for a draft which is turning out to be less that stellar. Other than that the plan he has and the idea to get value withevery move will help the organization in the long run.

which CB on the team is playing better then Cro?  Which Guard is playing better then Slauson?  

McDougle, Jalen Saunders aren't even on the team anymore. Calvin Pryor is nothing more than a glorified Eric Berry. This might be the worst draft this organization has had the last 30 years - and that is saying something.

MacDougal is on IR and still with the team. TE's and Safeties usually take time to develop. And heck Amaro is leading the rookie TE class in number of catches and yards.

We still have some hope. The draft was not as phenomenal as it could have been but there is still some hope for some of the prospects like MacDougal, Dozier, Evans, O'Reilly, IPK, Enunwa on top of Pryor and Amaro improving and becoming better. So there is still a pretty good amount of hope. On top of that JETS got Walter Powell who was Cardinals 6th round pick. Who knows how he does going forward.

Not that I'm disagreeing with the premise of what your saying, but Woody doesn't have the balls to fire a GM after 2 years.  Rex is the fall guy this season.

Jets will finish 4-12 pass on Winston because he isn't a nice person, and draft a OG, with a 4th round grade at 4

OR maybe he is wise and knows having a revolving door at GM does not get you anywhere. So he wants to give Idzik the time to build this franchise.

Amaro is the only player from this draft who is worth a sh*t. This is the most putrid draft I've seen - it's worse than the 2010 disaster. The 2013 draft isn't looking too swell either, Milliner gets all the hate but the real culprit is Brian Winters who is killing our offense. How is Brian Winters starting? The guy couldn't pass block me.

which CB on the team is playing better then Cro?  Which Guard is playing better then Slauson?  

Hasn't Slauson been gone for 2 seasons ? So we are just going to switch between last year and this year as it suits our arguments...eh

For as bad as the CB have been on the JETS despite all the injuries i don't think anyone has given up 200 plus yards. And i was all for re-signing Cro. Didn't know he was this bad.

faba - I don't care if he's had a job. Terry Dumbway has been employed in the NFL for many many years. Scott Layden got a job as an assistant coach after tanking as the Knicks GM. Eric Mangini and Herm Edwards both got jobs immediately after embarassing themselves here.

We haven't had a good GM since Parcells. Tanny had a run for a couple years that led to the success in '09 and '10 - the reason he had the run wasn't just the draft he made some good FA signings. I don't know that is such a difficult concept. Idzik drafts terribly and signs nobody except Mike Vick and trash like Jacoby Ford and D'Mitri Patterson.

Idzik's negligence and incompetence during the off-season is the #1 reason why we're going 4-12 this year. Instead of signing Revis or Cro and another WR like Desean Jackson the man sat on his hands and signed bargain bin trash like D'mitri Patterson and Jacoby Ford. We drafted defense in the first round the 50th year in a row and we didn't even take the right player. And then to top it all off the one big FA splash outside of Decker was Mike Vick and his $5 million deal. Rex and the coaching staff all need to go but I'm becoming a Giants fan if Idzik is allowed to stay and hire some scrub assistant from Seattle whose claim to fame is getting coffee for Pete Carroll.

hey you forgot about chris johnson, what did you think of that signing?

Gas_on_FIre.jpg

You gotta be kidding me if you don't think Cro or Revis make our secondary better. That is the stupidest thing I've heard since we drafted Tajh Boyd.

Oh, for me it was when you said "MacDougle" isn't on the team anymore.

Woody likes him. He's staying. Rex and some other coaches/scouts are gone. Idizk is balling out this offseason. He'll prob spend something along the lines of 40 mil, and still have something like 20 mil left on the cap. Because planning for the future is how you get ahead in everything. Here's to better times, and hopefully Mariota. 

I can't talk about the Jets anymore because I am so ashamed of them right now. Yes they should definitely clean house that also includes ownership needs to go as well. Im really tired of this constant rebuilding process. Ill go root for the Green Bay Packers instead now they know how to win.

I think you're wrong.

Idzik will be retained, and is in no danger of any kind of being fired in 2014/15.

Rex Ryan, on the other hand, is dead coach walking.  Barring a historic turn-around and deep playoff run, his career in NY is over.

Geno Smith, after 2014 is over, will never take another snap as a New York Jet.

That's how I see it.

Archived