Peyton just broke Favre's TD record

Blackout

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the difference? Before Peyton it was Dan Fouts who was regarded as "the greatest regular season quarterback of all time."

So there's a difference in offensive statistics. Big whoop. There's also a difference in defensive rules.

Peyton has gone into the play offs as a high favorite only to be eliminated their very first game so many times that it's honestly just embarrassing.

How embarrassing? So much so that now when he makes it to the play offs, his media ball washers start calling it things like "The Legacy Bowl" and doing everything but openly praying on air for his win so he can "finally be the GOAT". What happens next is almost always completely embarrassing, but they go right back to their talking points again the next regular season.

It's so embarrassing, that last year after being totally embarrassed by the Seahawks, a reporter asked him, "Are you embarrassed?"

He's a horrible leader and he wilts in big games that get tough. When the Colts needed him to drive the field for the win, he'd panic and throw the most awkward pick six duck imaginable and sulk his way off the field. A soft, media pampered dome quarterback who couldn't handle the elements, who in his only Superbowl run, threw three 3 TD's and 7 INT's to have his defense carry him kicking and screaming past Chicago's back up QB.

Sorry but comparing that to Joe Montana is absurd. The only reason Peyton is now in that discussion is because Tom is, and being Tom's generational rival, gets to piggy back on Brady's shoulders into the discussion.

History will take care of that. It always does.

It's worth noting that we're nearing a decade now that absolutely all of this has applied to Brady just as much as Manning, once he was no longer a checkdown artist propped up by a great defense, fueled by blatant cheating, and relying on a clutch kicker.  Hell, Manning's ring is even more recent than anything Brady's got.

Brady's pre-game sh*t talking and subsequent mediocre performance for SB 42 was as embarrassing as anything we've seen from Manning.  In recent times, Brady has been nothing more than a less-impressive regular season stat guy.  He was so desperate for the TD record that he was playing in games he could have been sitting for and spent the entire time desperately trying to heave passes to Moss, only to have that record demolished last season.

The truth is that Brady and the rest of you chowds can't get over the fact that, despite his success, he's still spent his entire NFL career living in Manning's shadow.

It's worth noting that we're nearing a decade now that absolutely all of this has applied to Brady just as much as Manning, once he was no longer a checkdown artist propped up by a great defense, fueled by blatant cheating, and relying on a clutch kicker.  Hell, Manning's ring is even more recent than anything Brady's got.

Brady's pre-game sh*t talking and subsequent mediocre performance for SB 42 was as embarrassing as anything we've seen from Manning.  In recent times, Brady has been nothing more than a less-impressive regular season stat guy.  He was so desperate for the TD record that he was playing in games he could have been sitting for and spent the entire time desperately trying to heave passes to Moss, only to have that record demolished last season.

The truth is that Brady and the rest of you chowds can't get over the fact that, despite his success, he's still spent his entire NFL career living in Manning's shadow.

more bias b.s. toward anything N.E. can't take this supposed reply serious, another "spy gate/cheating card pulled" lol. now Brady is living in Mannings shadows! ha ha

ha ha Manning's ring being more recent than Bradys means what?? it's still only 1 out of 3. Manning is "superman" during the regular season than turns into "clark kent" onces the playoffs start..ha ha

Brett Favre's touchdown record is still more impress than Manning is, because Favre had to play in cold ass Green Bay most of his career and didn't have the NFL rule changes that most of these QBs now a days benefit from...Manning most of his career played in a control environment such as a dome...not taken anything away from Manning but I see a lot of people don't look further then the numbers he puts up.

more bias b.s. toward anything N.E. can't take this supposed reply serious, another "spy gate/cheating card pulled" lol. now Brady is living in Mannings shadows! ha ha

ha ha Manning's ring being more recent than Bradys means what?? it's still only 1 out of 3. Manning is "superman" during the regular season than turns into "clark kent" onces the playoffs start..ha ha

Brett Favre's touchdown record is still more impress than Manning is, cuz Favre had to play in cold ass Green Bay most of his career and didn't have the NFL rule changes that most of these QBs now a days benefit from...Manning most of his career played in a control environment such as a dome...not taken anything away from Manning but I see a lot of people don't look further then the numbers he puts up.

Yeah, and it only took Favre an additional 56 games to throw less TDs.  So much more impressive indeed.  Not to mention, what clearly supports your argument is seeing how much the cold of Denver kept Manning from throwing any TD passes these past two and a half years, right? But keep on talking about supposed bias while spewing this diarrhea.

And you chowds really need to make up your mind whether losing championship games and Super Bowls is something positive or negative.  It's hysterical to watch you chumps tout Brady for the number of each he's lost since the Pats were exposed, especially while constantly making the point of how much those losses proves the awfulness of everyone else.  No better way to make a point than to completely contradict yourself.  And whether you like it or not, and no matter how big of a hissy fit you throw about it, its blatantly obvious to absolutely everyone that during their respective tenures in the NFL, Manning has been the one held up high as the league's very best, amongst the league, the media, and all of the non-chowder-eating fans.

Yeah, and it only took Favre an additional 56 games to throw less TDs.  So much more impressive indeed.  Not to mention, what clearly supports your argument is seeing how much the cold of Denver kept Manning from throwing any TD passes these past two and a half years, right? But keep on talking about supposed bias while spewing this diarrhea.

And you chowds really need to make up your mind whether losing championship games and Super Bowls is something positive or negative.  It's hysterical to watch you chumps tout Brady for the number of each he's lost since the Pats were exposed, especially while constantly making the point of how much those losses proves the awfulness of everyone else.  No better way to make a point than to completely contradict yourself.  And whether you like it or not, and no matter how big of a hissy fit you throw about it, its blatantly obvious to absolutely everyone that during their respective tenures in the NFL, Manning has been the one held up high as the league's very best, amongst the league, the media, and all of the non-chowder-eating fans.

first off I don't eat chowd, ok "Vinny" why every time SOME(not all) of you jet fans post I keep picturing a scene from the Jersey Shore.

now on to your garbage. 1st. and stay with me here ok "Vinny" MOST OF Manning's career in which his stats were created was in indy, not Denver, this is only his 3rd. year in Denver ok "Vinny" and Denver does not get as cold as Green Bay does nor did I ever say Manning was not capable of playing in cold weather (although he does not have a lot of cold weather good games) nor did I ever say Favre is better.

again Vinny stay with me, the rule changes help QBs playing now achieve these kind of records quicker then the QBs of the past, and again...given the way the rules have changed and seeing what the QBs had to put up with in the past(defensives being tougher than) is why I said what Favre did is more impressive to me, not taken anything away from what Manning did. ok

and I do not need to make up my mind about winning and losing supebowls. Brady is 3-2 in SUPERBOWLS, SUPERBOWLS...some teams do not have that kind of record in playoffs, and Manning is 1-3 in SUPERBOWLS and never looks like he does in the regular season...if you wanna call him the GOAT bring in his playoffs stats and SUPERBOWL appearances as well because the true GOAT doesn't look as bad as Manning does in the playoffs or SUPERBOWLS. the true GOAT is Montana and last I can remember never lost a superbowl.

Where was all of Manning's "touchdowns" when he had to go up against seattle last Jan. I think he had 2 ints, and one went back for a touchdown...facts like that is why MAJORITY of the media, and NFL experts do not have Manning as the number one QB of all time

as I said before even his former coach T.Dungy doesn't even have Manning as the best QB of all time, and that's  his former coach..

ok "Vinny" so spend more time actually getting educated than spitting garbage ok "Vinny" 

This is just a factually inaccurate speech. Nothing more.

The only shadow Tom has been chasing is that of Joe Montana.

The regular season, where you can beat on 2-14 teams for 5 TD passes and 500 yards, isn't where players cement their legacy. Tom has cemented his with s Superbowl rings, 5 Superbowl games, one of which included the 18-0 season which is an epic all time game, 8 AFCCG's, and the most play off victories in league history.

Peyton Manning's also cemented his, with first round loss after first round loss (the MOST in NFL history), Last year was built up to be his redemption year and he wilted like he always does for the most embarrassing Superbowl beat down I have ever seen, especially in the salary cap era.

If Tom and Peyton weren't AFC rivals and came 15 years apart, they wouldn't even be compared because of how big the gap is between a 3 time world champion and a well established choke-artist

Brett Favre's touchdown record is still more impress than Manning is, because Favre had to play in cold ass Green Bay most of his career and didn't have the NFL rule changes that most of these QBs now a days benefit from...Manning most of his career played in a control environment such as a dome...not taken anything away from Manning but I see a lot of people don't look further then the numbers he puts up.

Great point. I'll always respect the classic cold weather quarterbacks who still get it done over the pampered dome throwers.

Favre will always be a total boss.

My second favorite QB of all time.

I know you're impressed right now with the number of touchdowns Peyton has thrown, and it is impressive, but let's not be a slave to the moment. If you've watched football since Peyton came into the league, you would know he has always been surrounded by top tier offensive talent at just about every position, and he, unlike a lot of other teams, always throws TD passes on the goal line, where many teams will hand it off in that situation.

It's a football record. A piece of trivia. It's not a championship.

With defenses having been castrated over the last ten years, these things lose their bluster. Defenses could do a lot more and be a thousand times more physical for a lot of Favre's career, and it's only gotten worse and easier for offenses since he's left the league.

I like this guy. Brings the heat.

Great point. I'll always respect the classic cold weather quarterbacks who still get it done over the pampered dome throwers.

Favre will always be a total boss.

My second favorite QB of all time.

Thkx fellows, just trying to do my part. I'm all for calling a spade a spade.

why should the rings matter when we're talking about QB records, just compare one QBs performance against anothers. Winning a ring has to do with the team you have.

Peyton is statistically a better QB than Brady, always has been. accept it, masshole.

why should the rings matter when we're talking about QB records, just compare one QBs performance against anothers. Winning a ring has to do with the team you have.

Peyton is statistically a better QB than Brady, always has been. accept it, masshole.

another one, ok I dealt with "Vinny" now it's your turn "Pauly"

first and foremost, he got his props and deserves his props for getting the record BUT because he has the record does not make him the greatest QB of all time, and the facts (I have listed a few) have been listed as to why.

Peyton's statistic could always been better than Brady given

1. he was a number one draft pick. Brady was in the 6 round, so by that definition he should have better stats then Brady

2. Manning was already 2 or 3 seasons into his starting role by the time Brady started for the pats.

again at the end of the day the stats mean crap if you can't produce in the playoffs..which there are plenty of facts backing that up too.

is that ok for you now "Pauly" go back  Jersey-shore fist pumping ok "guy"

2u7snrt.gif

first off I don't eat chowd, ok "Vinny" why every time SOME(not all) of you jet fans post I keep picturing a scene from the Jersey Shore.

now on to your garbage. 1st. and stay with me here ok "Vinny" MOST OF Manning's career in which his stats were created was in indy, not Denver, this is only his 3rd. year in Denver ok "Vinny" and Denver does not get as cold as Green Bay does nor did I ever say Manning was not capable of playing in cold weather (although he does not have a lot of cold weather good games) nor did I ever say Favre is better.

again Vinny stay with me, the rule changes help QBs playing now achieve these kind of records quicker then the QBs of the past, and again...given the way the rules have changed and seeing what the QBs had to put up with in the past(defensives being tougher than) is why I said what Favre did is more impressive to me, not taken anything away from what Manning did. ok

and I do not need to make up my mind about winning and losing supebowls. Brady is 3-2 in SUPERBOWLS, SUPERBOWLS...some teams do not have that kind of record in playoffs, and Manning is 1-3 in SUPERBOWLS and never looks like he does in the regular season...if you wanna call him the GOAT bring in his playoffs stats and SUPERBOWL appearances as well because the true GOAT doesn't look as bad as Manning does in the playoffs or SUPERBOWLS. the true GOAT is Montana and last I can remember never lost a superbowl.

Where was all of Manning's "touchdowns" when he had to go up against seattle last Jan. I think he had 2 ints, and one went back for a touchdown...facts like that is why MAJORITY of the media, and NFL experts do not have Manning as the number one QB of all time

as I said before even his former coach T.Dungy doesn't even have Manning as the best QB of all time, and that's  his former coach..

ok "Vinny" so spend more time actually getting educated than spitting garbage ok "Vinny" 

You don't understand how quotation marks really work, huh?

Anyway, nonsensically adding more SB losses to Manning's resume doesn't do anything to help your argument, it really just helps further prove how much you're talking out of your ass.  Keep in mind, I never actually once Manning was the GOAT, I simply pointed out that you tantrum-throwing patsy fans were complete hypocrites, and it's absolutely true.  The vast majority of the things you crap on Manning for all apply to what now actually qualifies as the majority of Brady's career.  Forgetting even the debates over the team's outright cheating, the fact remains that ever since the Pats stopped having a top flight defense to carry their team, they've won nothing.

The sh*t fits you guys are throwing proves the entire point:  whether or not it's fair, the masses have always held Manning in higher regard than Brady, and that's only becoming more true by the day, as nearly a decade has gone by since the Pats have won it all, while in those days Brady was simply considered a solid but unspectacular piece on a defensive-driven team.  Since actually being viewed as a top QB, his postseason success has been remarkably similar to Peyton's during that time period.  Sorry that this gets you guys so riled up, but it's still true.

This is just a factually inaccurate speech. Nothing more.

The only shadow Tom has been chasing is that of Joe Montana.

The regular season, where you can beat on 2-14 teams for 5 TD passes and 500 yards, isn't where players cement their legacy. Tom has cemented his with s Superbowl rings, 5 Superbowl games, one of which included the 18-0 season which is an epic all time game, 8 AFCCG's, and the most play off victories in league history.

Peyton Manning's also cemented his, with first round loss after first round loss (the MOST in NFL history), Last year was built up to be his redemption year and he wilted like he always does for the most embarrassing Superbowl beat down I have ever seen, especially in the salary cap era.

If Tom and Peyton weren't AFC rivals and came 15 years apart, they wouldn't even be compared because of how big the gap is between a 3 time world champion and a well established choke-artist

That supposedly epic all-time game was because of how much the Giants defense smacked around Brady's sh*t-talking ass, and the Pats lost, thanks in part to Brady being so desperately chasing after those regular numbers you claim don't mean anything and insisting on playing in an entire game he had no reason to be, as the Giants defense themselves stated that their Week 17 game was a huge benefit to them.

The truth is that since the Pats defensive dominance has ended, so has Brady's allegedly clutch nature, which was only ever fueled by FG drives in low-scoring games to begin with.  The past decade has looked remarkably similar between those two and Brady has had plenty of instances of crapping himself in big games over that time period.  Your attempt to celebrate Brady's Super Bowl appearances, including losses, proves beyond question that you're a hypocrite with an agenda.  I won't dispute that it might not be completely fair, but in the end Manning has been held in higher regard by the general public throughout their time in the NFL together.  Try as you might to convince yourself, that's not going to magically change when they retire.

That supposedly epic all-time game was because of how much the Giants defense smacked around Brady's sh*t-talking ass, and the Pats lost, thanks in part to Brady being so desperately chasing after those regular numbers you claim don't mean anything and insisting on playing in an entire game he had no reason to be, as the Giants defense themselves stated that their Week 17 game was a huge benefit to them.

The truth is that since the Pats defensive dominance has ended, so has Brady's allegedly clutch nature, which was only ever fueled by FG drives in low-scoring games to begin with.  The past decade has looked remarkably similar between those two and Brady has had plenty of instances of crapping himself in big games over that time period.  Your attempt to celebrate Brady's Super Bowl appearances, including losses, proves beyond question that you're a hypocrite with an agenda.  I won't dispute that it might not be completely fair, but in the end Manning has been held in higher regard by the general public throughout their time in the NFL together.  Try as you might to convince yourself, that's not going to magically change when they retire.

Sorry, but you're just pulling things out of your ass. Brady had like 5 epic comeback wins last season. He's left the field in both Superbowls with a late 4th quarter drive to give his team the lead. He's been to three consecutive AFC Championships and dragged the 2nd worst defense in the league to the Superbowl in 2011.

The facts simply don't match up with your bitter rambling.

Sorry, but you're just pulling things out of your ass. Brady had like 5 epic comeback wins last season. He's left the field in both Superbowls with a late 4th quarter drive to give his team the lead. He's been to three consecutive AFC Championships and dragged the 2nd worst defense in the league to the Superbowl in 2011.

The facts simply don't match up with your bitter rambling.

Which facts would those be?  The fact that you're attempting to celebrate that Brady and the Pats lost 2 AFC Championships and 1 Super Bowl in that time period, while your entire argument has hinged on the unforgivable nature of postseason losses?  Or do you mean the facts that your statements here are fully supporting, which is that the Patriots Super Bowls have been more heavily reliant on their defense than Brady?  Hate to break it to you, but this post of yours does more to support what I said than dispute it.

Oh, and for you two chumps who keep making claims about supposed bitterness and bias, let's just remind you of something: you are Patriots fans posting on a Jets message board throwing your little fit about Brady in a thread designed to acknowledge the accomplishment of Peyton Manning.  I mean come on, you can't be serious with this crap.

Oh, and for you two chumps who keep making claims about supposed bitterness and bias, let's just remind you of something: you are Patriots fans posting on a Jets message board throwing your little fit about Brady in a thread designed to acknowledge the accomplishment of Peyton Manning.  I mean come on, you can't be serious with this crap.

this is when talking out your ass gets you caught up

1. off, I never brought up Brady, I was talking about Manning...disgruntle jet fan did as soon as they seen a pats fan posting. 

2nd. why would any pats fans be jealous of Manning...Brady is a top 5 greatest of all time already, with stats and rings...what Manning does logically means nothing. the QB we root for is already there, he doesn't need to do anything else

next time, come to a gun battle with a gun and not a knife ok there "Vincent"

this is when talking out your ass gets you caught up

1. off, I never brought up Brady, I was talking about Manning...disgruntle jet fan did as soon as they seen a pats fan posting. 

2nd. why would any pats fans be jealous of Manning...Brady is a top 5 greatest of all time already, with stats and rings...what Manning does logically means nothing. the QB we root for is already there, he doesn't need to do anything else

next time, come to a gun battle with a gun and not a knife ok there "Vincent"

So then you're not a sorry Pats fan on a Jets message board throwing a hissy fit about Manning's success in a thread about him, while crying about how Tom Brady is better because you say so, based significantly on completely contradictory claims?  Considering that you are, then I guess you would need to be the one to answer the question of why you're so butthurt over Manning's success.

Then again, this is coming from a guy who doesn't understand how to use quotations marks and thinks using them with random names is somehow clever, and apparently intended as an insult.  Given that, I'm not sure how much can be reasonably expected here in terms of coherency of posts, never mind logic.

Archived