ESPN: Source Says, Pryor late to meetings

Ken Schroy

competition and character, all things Idzik preached and brainwashed Rex with. 

Pryor and Geno late to meetings, great character there.

Vick getting no shot at a competition and ultimately looking like he should have been the week 1 starter.

time to clean house and get some real NFL people here, not just penny pinchers and puppets.

competition and character, all things Idzik preached and brainwashed Rex with.

Pryor and Geno late to meetings, great character there.

Vick getting no shot at a competition and ultimately looking like he should have been the week 1 starter.

time to clean house and get some real NFL people here, not just penny pinchers and puppets.

The competition mantra was BS which makes me believe JI insisted Geno continue to start.

I've read a few stories now and not one person has even broached the possibility that maybe the head coach should have exerted some discipline earlier. This is the point we're at: we are to expect less than nothing from the coach as it relates to controlling the team. He doesn't get blame for losses. for penalties, for anything. Now the first round pick is blowing off meetings and it's the GM's fault because he's the parent in the building, I guess. What a ******* joke. Belichick sends Darrelle ******* Revis home for coming in late, but our head coach can't bring himself to reprimand a 2nd year QB or a rookie safety for the same thing. And people wonder why the team is a bunch of clowns.

Would note as always the Jets acted way over the top with their win. As has been the hallmark of the RR administration. OHBOYILLTELLYA THE BEER IS COLDER THE CHICKS HOTTER! Typical. And we all know Ryan's record sucks balls off the bye. 

I've read a few stories now and not one person has even broached the possibility that maybe the head coach should have exerted some discipline earlier. This is the point we're at: we are to expect less than nothing from the coach as it relates to controlling the team. He doesn't get blame for losses. for penalties, for anything. Now the first round pick is blowing off meetings and it's the GM's fault because he's the parent in the building, I guess. What a ******* joke. Belichick sends Darrelle ******* Revis home for coming in late, but our head coach can't bring himself to reprimand a 2nd year QB or a rookie safety for the same thing. And people wonder why the team is a bunch of clowns.

as always you strike right at the heart of it

Rex didnt have the pulse of the team when Tone was going Ebola in the offensive meetings, but now doesnt even know or ignores when the first round defensive player is late for meetings?

Rex makes Herm look like Bobby Knight.

Rex didnt have the pulse of the team when Tone was going Ebola in the offensive meetings, but now doesnt even know or ignores when the first round defensive player is late for meetings?

Rex makes Herm look like Bobby Knight.

LMAO

You can't tell me Wrex didn't have HEAVY input on this pick.  The whole "punch in the mouth" talk is directly from the buffoon and probably what he used to evaluate him.

"he's like the terminator but on defense!!! ME LOVES HIM HE FOLLOWED ME HOME CAN ME KEEPS HIM? PUUULLLLLLEEEEEASE?"

New York Jets rookie safety Calvin Pryor, a first-round draft pick, has been late for multiple meetings this season, a source said Monday -- the likely reason he was benched for the Jets' 20-13 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Earlier in the season, quarterback Geno Smith created national headlines for missing a team meeting on the eve of a game in San Diego. Smith went to a movie, lost track of time due to the different time zone and showed up a few minutes after the meeting ended. He wasn't benched.

In Pryor's case, it worked out brilliantly for the Jets. They started Jaiquawn Jarrett, and he responded with the best game of his career -- two interceptions, one sack and one fumble recovery.

Jarrett played every snap on defense. Pryor, who played 75 percent of the defensive snaps over the first nine games, didn't play at all on defense. He was limited to special teams in the win, which snapped an eight-game losing streak for the Jets (2-8).

After the game, coach Rex Ryan made a cryptic comment about the importance of showing up on time for meetings.

"We were trying to line up guys that we think deserve it, whether it's in the classroom, on the practice field, or in meetings, being on time for meetings," said Ryan, explaining why he decided to start Jarrett over Pryor. "[Jarrett] does a great job. He's dependable and has been playing well. Those are the reasons we do that. We thought we were going to play all of them, but it really never turned out [that way]. We just played the hot hand."

This has been a disappointing season for Pryor, the 18th overall pick. He has no interceptions, no forced fumbles, no fumble recoveries and only a half-sack.

Publicly, Ryan has been supportive of Pryor, noting recently he's had to play him out of position due to other issues in the secondary. Pryor is a natural strong safety, but he has played mostly a free-safety role. Pass coverage isn't his strength. The Jets drafted him because of his physical style of play near the line of scrimmage.

Pryor said he found out Friday that Jarrett was starting, adding that the decision came from secondary coach Tim McDonald, not Ryan. Pryor didn't elaborate, saying, "It was coach's decision."

The rookie remained upbeat.

"It's not about me," he said after the game. "I'm trying to enjoy this victory, I'm trying to enjoy the guys in this locker room. I'm happy for Jaiquawn Jarrett. He played an outstanding game. Only way I can learn from this is see what he did, learn from [my] mistakes and try to get better."

Being late to meetings notwithstanding, it's too bad the Jets are not using Pryor to the best of his abilities. Because John Idzik doesn't know the basic function of the cornerback position, Pryor has been used as a cover safety, which is not what he does best. What he does do best is go into the box and kick peoples' a$$es. Why won't they let him do that?

Being late to meetings notwithstanding, it's too bad the Jets are not using Pryor to the best of his abilities. Because John Idzik doesn't know the basic function of the cornerback position, Pryor has been used as a cover safety, which is not what he does best. What he does do best is go into the box and kick peoples' a$$es. Why won't they let him do that?

John Idzik doesn't coach the DBs

yeah man let's stop that run

Archived