Jump to content
Fishooked

Do we have an Official Video Games thread here?

Recommended Posts

Finally finished Horizon Zero Dawn...haven't played a game with that good a story in a long time; my only complaint is the level cap of 50 which I reached pretty easily, but I wasn't able to get all of the skills maxed out. Oh well. I haven't decided if I am going to try and scrounge for collectibles I missed yet, I still have a huge backlog of stuff I want to get to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2017 at 8:37 AM, Fishooked said:

Finally finished Horizon Zero Dawn...haven't played a game with that good a story in a long time; my only complaint is the level cap of 50 which I reached pretty easily, but I wasn't able to get all of the skills maxed out. Oh well. I haven't decided if I am going to try and scrounge for collectibles I missed yet, I still have a huge backlog of stuff I want to get to.

great game, first game that really gripes me since skyrim. I hate level caps, if i want to farm and become op why not let me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2017 at 11:23 AM, CTM said:

great game, first game that really gripes me since skyrim. I hate level caps, if i want to farm and become op why not let me?

I'm hoping maybe with the DLC they might remove it, if they decide to add extra perks.

My problem is I only need 3 more skill points to get the last perk (and the lousy trophy) but I don't think there are any quests left for me for skill points. I did all the Tallnecks, Bandit Camps etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fishooked said:

 

More like several months lol 

Normally, yeah it would be months. I played through it a couple of times back on the 360, though, so I know where a lot of stuff is and how to handle things for the most part. It's still fun as hell, though. 

x0IZwaT1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fishooked said:

I'm hoping maybe with the DLC they might remove it, if they decide to add extra perks.

My problem is I only need 3 more skill points to get the last perk (and the lousy trophy) but I don't think there are any quests left for me for skill points. I did all the Tallnecks, Bandit Camps etc. 

yeah me too, i never do DLC though. too much time generally elapses and i've already moved on

Any rumors on when new elder scrolls will drop?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2017 at 3:25 PM, CTM said:

yeah me too, i never do DLC though. too much time generally elapses and i've already moved on

Any rumors on when new elder scrolls will drop?

There are rumors that Bethesda isn't even working on TES6...which I kind of find hard to believe myself...I don't think they want to release anything TES related so as to not cannibalize any sales for TES:Online, just my hunch.

I think they are going to announce new IPs before anything else, the big rumor is a game called Starfield I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2017 at 11:44 AM, T0mShane said:

I found Mad Max for ten bucks. It's like a mash-up of a ton of better games, but it's ungodly repetitive. 

Its a lot of fun, but yes I agree. The driving and car combat is great though. Sadly its a shame that the convoys dont reappear after you've cleared them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2017 at 8:37 AM, Fishooked said:

Finally finished Horizon Zero Dawn...haven't played a game with that good a story in a long time; my only complaint is the level cap of 50 which I reached pretty easily, but I wasn't able to get all of the skills maxed out. Oh well. I haven't decided if I am going to try and scrounge for collectibles I missed yet, I still have a huge backlog of stuff I want to get to.

 

On 7/12/2017 at 11:23 AM, CTM said:

great game, first game that really gripes me since skyrim. I hate level caps, if i want to farm and become op why not let me?

It really was a great game.  My only gripes were the leveling up, I just got that cool outfit you needed by finding the powercells and I've already beat the game.  I've gone through and basically done every secondary missions, errands, tall necks and eliminated the bandit camps which are actually more fun than some of the original story line.  The health is tedious and I wish there was more explanation around your items and how to best use them, etc.  But overall, a freaking great game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've played Friday the 13th on the PS4. (BTW, I've heard it's a nightmare on Xboxone)

It's fun, but... teamkillers and glitchers will ruin your game. Plus, if you get into a room where no one speaks, it kinda sucks. If several people are playing the way you are supposed to (teamwork) then the game is pretty fun. It's basically video game hide & seek though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody have an opinion on Mass Effect: Andromeda? I just rented it today to check it out. I'm waiting on the updates and junk to install so I'm looking at the reviews--they're kind of sketchy. I hope this game doesn't suck ass, because I enjoyed the first three. 

Some of the examples of wonky animation I'm seeing don't bode very well, either. 

VgWtvvA.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2017 at 5:04 PM, Bombdirt said:

Anybody have an opinion on Mass Effect: Andromeda? I just rented it today to check it out. I'm waiting on the updates and junk to install so I'm looking at the reviews--they're kind of sketchy. I hope this game doesn't suck ass, because I enjoyed the first three. 

Some of the examples of wonky animation I'm seeing don't bode very well, either. 

VgWtvvA.gif

Just beat it the other day. I enjoyed the game. I started playing as the female, got a few hours in, and just couldn't handle the weird eyes. Restarted as the male, and the animation seemed much better.

The story didn't capture me like the original trilogy, but maybe that's just nostalgia talking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Evil Within 2 is good.  Very Last of Us like.  A little tedious from a gathering/crafting/leveling up perspective but great game play and solid story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JiF said:

Evil Within 2 is good.  Very Last of Us like.  A little tedious from a gathering/crafting/leveling up perspective but great game play and solid story.

That's gonna be the next game I play after I finish up the Bioshock Collection. I really liked the first Evil Within. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The next major game I'm looking forward to is "Red Dead Redemption 2," which is supposed to come out in the spring. If you didn't play the first one, it's basically Grand Theft Auto in the old west. Lots of stuff to do and places to explore. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 6:34 PM, Bombdirt said:

That's gonna be the next game I play after I finish up the Bioshock Collection. I really liked the first Evil Within. 

It's solid dude.  You'll really like it.  I never played the first one and now want to back and play it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bombdirt said:

The next major game I'm looking forward to is "Red Dead Redemption 2," which is supposed to come out in the spring. If you didn't play the first one, it's basically Grand Theft Auto in the old west. Lots of stuff to do and places to explore. 

 

I tried the first one and it was slow...like even an hour or 2 in it still never really developed.  Does it get better?  Seemed like it took wayyy to long to get from point a to point b too and complete missions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JiF said:

I tried the first one and it was slow...like even an hour or 2 in it still never really developed.  Does it get better?  Seemed like it took wayyy to long to get from point a to point b too and complete missions.

Yeah, from what I remember some of the main missions can get kind of tedious, especially in the early-going, but once you start discovering new towns and opening up the map a little bit you get more free-roaming options to screw around with when you're not progressing the story. 

Later on you get to do all kinds of different stuff like looking for treasure, raiding forts, bounty hunting, playing poker, taming horses, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Larz said:

Xbox one is finally getting an ace combat game. 

I think I'll get in line tomorrow 

Geez, it's about time. That will be the only flight simulator title on this current generation of consoles if I'm not mistaken. Let me know if it's cool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2017 at 1:40 PM, JiF said:

Evil Within 2 is good.  Very Last of Us like.  A little tedious from a gathering/crafting/leveling up perspective but great game play and solid story.

I ordered this over the weekend. I should have it in a day or two. Can't wait. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now




×