Jump to content
Fishooked

Do we have an Official Video Games thread here?

Recommended Posts

I have EA Access and have been playing the 10 hour trial of Madden 20.

Overall it's pretty solid.  The X-Factor feature for impact players adds a nice level of depth to guys who can actually take over a game.  The level of detail in the visuals is pretty sweet too.  Here's 2 screenshots I got of Sam rocking the new green and black uniforms:

IMG_fbab99a2-7669-4709-a59b-db5368fe36ed.thumb.png.1f55d430936d4f697b4d42871a6c3b46.png

IMG_0ec9ebe7-b3f3-4066-aad1-45eaa3d423b0.thumb.png.5ebad5f001778e2335d1f6386f92cab7.png

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2019 at 4:16 AM, Mogglez said:

I have EA Access and have been playing the 10 hour trial of Madden 20.

Overall it's pretty solid.  The X-Factor feature for impact players adds a nice level of depth to guys who can actually take over a game.  The level of detail in the visuals is pretty sweet too.  Here's 2 screenshots I got of Sam rocking the new green and black uniforms:

IMG_fbab99a2-7669-4709-a59b-db5368fe36ed.thumb.png.1f55d430936d4f697b4d42871a6c3b46.png

IMG_0ec9ebe7-b3f3-4066-aad1-45eaa3d423b0.thumb.png.5ebad5f001778e2335d1f6386f92cab7.png

 

 

Have you played the full version yet?  This addition is ******* terrible.  It's just total trash.  The rating are ridiculous.  It's glitchy.  They've made it totally unrealistic.  I dont know why I keep buying these turds, I guess its because I was excited about playing with this offense but they made Darnold sh*t.  He'll like all out miss guys by 20 feet.  It's comical.

I've experienced: numerous times where the announcers are totally off on their calls (wrong team, wrong down, wrong score).  I recently played a game where Hopkins had like 4 drops.  2 just straight drops and 2 contested but he got his hands clean on the ball.  He does not drop that.  Meanwhile, my opponent was throwing to a tackle 15 yards down field catching balls while simultaneously is getting clobbered by Luke Kuechley and Jamal Adams, etc for example.   I'll also force a fumble and the defenders just literally run right over top of the ball and dont even attempt to pick it up or dive on it and when you hit dive, you just slide with no action whatsoever toward the ball.   I also was playing one of those ranked draft modes on ultimate team, won 4 games in a row, was about to win my 5th but my opponent quit...AND IT GAVE ME THE LOSS!!!!  lol

Trash

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2019 at 5:23 PM, JiF said:

I also was playing one of those ranked draft modes on ultimate team, won 4 games in a row, was about to win my 5th but my opponent quit...AND IT GAVE ME THE LOSS!!!!  lol

giphy.gif

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I still have not beat Witcher 3 it is by far the best game I have ever played. I find my self taking a really long time to do everything because I'm enjoying it. Trying to get done before cyber punk comes out.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been thinking of getting Witcher 3 but I just don't have the time like that anymore. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2019 at 1:40 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

So I still have not beat Witcher 3 it is by far the best game I have ever played. I find my self taking a really long time to do everything because I'm enjoying it. Trying to get done before cyber punk comes out.

 

I was doing that and took a break right before the ending and then never picked it up again unfortunately. Maybe I'll do that once summer is up 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought a Switch a few months ago and honestly, I think it sh*ts all over the PS4 and XBOX One.

Just 2 years ago I was one of the guys saying that Nintendo should get out of the console business and become a 3rd party developer. Now I’ve done a complete 180.

Breath of the Wild has replaced A Link to the Past as my favorite Zelda game and is the most fun I’ve ever had exploring a game world.

And if you’re an old school JRPG fan like myself, Nintendo beats the brakes off of Sony and Microsoft. Octopath Traveler is probably the best JRPG I’ve played since the PS1 era.

Having a system that doubles as both a console and a handheld is pretty damn awesome. I can explore Hyrule whether I’m sitting on the couch or taking a sh*t.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I bought a Switch a few months ago and honestly, I think it sh*ts all over the PS4 and XBOX One.

Just 2 years ago I was one of the guys saying that Nintendo should get out of the console business and become a 3rd party developer. Now I’ve done a complete 180.

Breath of the Wild has replaced A Link to the Past as my favorite Zelda game and is the most fun I’ve ever had exploring a game world.

And if you’re an old school JRPG fan like myself, Nintendo beats the brakes off of Sony and Microsoft. Octopath Traveler is probably the best JRPG I’ve played since the PS1 era.

Having a system that doubles as both a console and a handheld is pretty damn awesome. I can explore Hyrule whether I’m sitting on the couch or taking a sh*t.

BoTW was that really that good. Best game I've played in a long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope they expand on BoTW, definitely a fun game but felt a bit hallow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had heard the devs have been continuing to improve No Man's Sky via free releases so I picked it up for $19.99.

It's a damn good game and a lot of the quality of life upgrades they've put in have alleviated a lot of the overly grindy nature when it first came out. At it's heart it's still a resource gathering / exploration game with a familiar game play loop but the sheer size and scale of the game is immpressive. (it's procedurally generated and essentially infinite, est 18 quintillion planets) . Traveressing the universe and planets with a wide array of ecosystems is satisfying, the graphics are solid, color pallete interesting and environmental sounds / score help with immersion, particularly if playing with head phones of surround sound.

 I haven't played much mine craft but from my experiance the game is  similiar with some action RPG elements, kind of like where Bethesda was heading with Fallout 4 base building. It's fairly complicated compared to modern rpg's. I'm about 10 hrs in and finally have a clue what I'm doing but still find myself googling frequently to better understand my options in certain scenarios or how to craft certain parts.

It's certainly not for someone who likes action games, platformers or sports games but if you're into RPG's or RTS games it's worth giving it a go imo, particularly for $19.99

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently enjoying The Outer Worlds. Made by Obsidian, the original Fallout devs. It's a blend of Fallout New Vegas and Borderlands. Definitely worth checking out.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

Currently enjoying The Outer Worlds. Made by Obsidian, the original Fallout devs. It's a blend of Fallout New Vegas and Borderlands. Definitely worth checking out.

That's on my list, if only because I understand theres no pay to win and its single player focused. Have to support devs not following the scum at fortnite. My sister ending up having to pay $700 cause her 9 year old charged a bunch of sh*t 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CTM said:

That's on my list, if only because I understand theres no pay to win and its single player focused. Have to support devs not following the scum at fortnite. My sister ending up having to pay $700 cause her 9 year old charged a bunch of sh*t 

 

It's pretty good. Not as good as New Vegas, but what is?

Totally single player, so no loot boxes or anything.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am back to playing world of tanks, not sure why as the game is very much pay to be good. 

I'm also simply not a great player for many of the tank types.  I am very impatient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2019 at 1:40 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

So I still have not beat Witcher 3 it is by far the best game I have ever played. I find my self taking a really long time to do everything because I'm enjoying it. Trying to get done before cyber punk comes out.

 

I'm at level 10 still in Witcher 3, still bouncing around Velen. Took me 3 days to finally beat The Botchling thing. I'm jumping around now doing side quests and contracts to level up and get more powerful so I can deal with bosses without getting destroyed and having to start over. I like the world though, but I still enjoyed DA Inquisition 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Final Fantasy 7 Remake is coming and I’m nearly pissing my pants in anticipation. This was my childhood game, absolute favorite game, lifelong attachment to FF7.

i cannot WAIT!

Last Of Us 2 coming also. Really good games on the horizon. Just beat Days Gone. Loved it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2020 at 8:19 PM, Patriot Killa said:

Final Fantasy 7 Remake is coming and I’m nearly pissing my pants in anticipation. This was my childhood game, absolute favorite game, lifelong attachment to FF7.

i cannot WAIT!

Last Of Us 2 coming also. Really good games on the horizon. Just beat Days Gone. Loved it.

Ff7 is really the only FF game I got hooked on or even beat. It was probably the game tthat got me into the genre as prior I was more into sports games and fighting games. (Also the big Nintendo franchises zelda, metroid, Mario)

I wont buy it till I see reviews but I definitely have a little nostalgia kicking in. I just dont have a lot of time for gaming these days so I only play the really well reviewed ones 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi guys.  we got a video game console for our kids for Christmas.  6 yr old girl and 9 year old boy.  any non sports games that might make sense for them?  we have all the sports ones madden, fifa, hockey, basketball, baseball - although for the last 3 we just have an older year one.  we have the game called "overcooked 2" also.

i heard good things about spider man game.  anything else?  prefer not too much violence in the game if possible.

thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, batman10023 said:

hi guys.  we got a video game console for our kids for Christmas.  6 yr old girl and 9 year old boy.  any non sports games that might make sense for them?  we have all the sports ones madden, fifa, hockey, basketball, baseball - although for the last 3 we just have an older year one.  we have the game called "overcooked 2" also.

i heard good things about spider man game.  anything else?  prefer not too much violence in the game if possible.

thanks.

it's a PS4 Pro if that makes a difference.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still playing W3 when I get an opportunity.  Still enjoy it, not what I expected. Game Yen is hotter than TV Yen. Change my mind. LOL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

China has banned Animal Crossing owing to people posting pro Hong Kong messages and taking the piss out of Xinnie the Pooh.

I wonder if Nintendo will cave in like Blizzard did with Hearthstone last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a heads up.  Dirt Rally 2.0 is free on Playstaion Plus right now.  I'm not a hardcore race game fan but if you are, I think you would love it.  It seems really realistic.  I was just trying to use a controller and that wasn't working out so well but if you have a steering wheel setup, I bet it would be awesome.  That being said, I just went back to playing Rocket League.  

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like the loser I am, I thought it’d be apropos to play Fallout 4 again and it’s good. I chose to let The Institute win this time because a science-based technocracy seems like it’ll really be the way to go. Felt terrible assassinating Desdemona, though. Shot her through the back with a juiced-up .44. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2014 at 9:47 PM, Bombdirt said:

I have an Xbox 360; still working my way through the catalog of games. I'll probably go current-gen within the next year or so. Waiting for a few more releases and a solid price drop.

I also have a PS2 and an NES running in the upstairs bedroom. I'm getting into California Games right now. Still fun after all these years.

 

California_Games_NES_ScreenShot4.gif

Man - I spent many hours playing  California Games as a kid. Blast from the past right there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Streets of Rage 4 came out today

Downloaded it this morning on the Switch. Awesome blast from the past. Love those old SNES/Genesis beat ‘em ups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok totally out of left field, but Crash Team Racing is hysterically awesome. I love playing it with the kids. Basically a copy of mariokart, but loads of fun


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snell41 said:

Ok totally out of left field, but Crash Team Racing is hysterically awesome. I love playing it with the kids. Basically a copy of mariokart, but loads of fun


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Loved the original, love this one. And the fact you can actually play against people in the same room in addition to online racing is a thing missing from so many games these days.

NieR:Automata. Explore a big world, beat the crap out of robots, go on quests, beat the crap out of even bigger robots, go fishing. 

Lots of fishing. Great game, all the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2020 at 11:21 PM, Panzer Division Marduk said:

 

NieR:Automata. Explore a big world, beat the crap out of robots, go on quests, beat the crap out of even bigger robots, go fishing. 

Lots of fishing. Great game, all the same.

Finally finished it. Been a while since I'd spend twelve hour session playing a game, and what happens? Moose inherit the Earth, basically. Great game though. And the arcade game during the credits at the end to get ending E? Asteroids on Soviet era steroids.

FFVII Remake arrived today, so onto that. Heard various things, good and bad, from people about it. Having spent hundreds of hours on the original back in the day, I am hopeful.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Favorite video game of all time?

Going to go with Super Mario 3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Favorite video game of all time?
Going to go with Super Mario 3. 
Brilliant game...don't get me wrong I love playing FIFA and Madden on the new consoles but there is nothing like playing some retro gaming with classics like Tetris!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been playing NFL 2K5 lately. The franchise mode in this game is miles ahead of the current maddens and honestly the gameplay is better too. It’s unbelievable how much stuff there is to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I’ve been playing NFL 2K5 lately. The franchise mode in this game is miles ahead of the current maddens and honestly the gameplay is better too. It’s unbelievable how much stuff there is to do. 
2k games were the best I hope NFL opens up the licensing to 2K, EA continues to provide the same recycled garbage each year.
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...