Jump to content
Fishooked

Do we have an Official Video Games thread here?

Recommended Posts

Looking forward to playing Spider-Man and RDR II. God of War kinda brought back that gaming fire in me. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2018 at 1:02 PM, Untouchable said:

 

This is what Mass Effect: Andromeda should have looked like. I will definitely check out this game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, rillo said:

Looking forward to playing Spider-Man and RDR II. God of War kinda brought back that gaming fire in me. 

Yeah, I don't think I'll be going outside for the next several months. The new Tomb Raider comes out in two weeks, and though I haven't been super-impressed with the feel of the reboot games (if I wanted to play Uncharted, I would just play Uncharted), I am a Lara Croft fanboy and must behave as such. 

 

Then in October comes Red Dead Redemption 2. I had a lot of fun with the last one and will definitely be picking up the new installment. 

Come January I will likely move on to the Resident Evil 2 remake, which looks really cool. Yeah, I'm that douche who plays every Resident Evil title they put out. I love the franchise. 

I know there are some more upcoming releases that I plan on picking up which I'm forgetting, but those are the big three for me off the top of my head. I'll be coming into this thread to nerd out on each one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Bombdirt said:

This is what Mass Effect: Andromeda should have looked like. I will definitely check out this game. 

Makes fallout 76 look like a child game 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CTM said:

Makes fallout 76 look like a child game 

Aaaaaaah thank you! I knew there was another upcoming major release I was looking forward to playing. Holy crap, how could I forget about Fallout 76? I guess my brain isn't working right in my old age. 

That's another game that's going to eat up a couple months of my free time. I'd better tell my family and friends that they won't be seeing much of me until spring, unless they want to come visit me on the couch. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bombdirt said:

Aaaaaaah thank you! I knew there was another upcoming major release I was looking forward to playing. Holy crap, how could I forget about Fallout 76? I guess my brain isn't working right in my old age. 

That's another game that's going to eat up a couple months of my free time. I'd better tell my family and friends that they won't be seeing much of me until spring, unless they want to come visit me on the couch. 

 

I think I'm going to skip that one, I suck at online games. I remember being 12 and owning my dad at atari football, but now it's come full circle. I get dominated by my 10 yo nephew in fortnite. Reaction time is just too slow

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CTM said:

I think I'm going to skip that one, I suck at online games. I remember being 12 and owning my dad at atari football, but now it's come full circle. I get dominated by my 10 yo nephew in fortnite. Reaction time is just too slow

Ah, good times. One of my first memories is of playing Atari at my neighbor's house. Berzerk is one that sticks out in my mind as being a favorite of mini-Bombdirt. 

AJX.gif

 

I can still beat my kids at just about any video game (Fortnite included, but they don't even play that one. They'd rather dick around on Minecraft or Roblox) and I take pride in that. I always tell my children that daddy will be better than them and all their classmates at every game or sport forever, and they just roll their eyes and say, "Okay whatever dad. By the way the Jets suck." Having daughters is fun emotionally. 

Also, if anyone feels like messing around on Fortnite my screen name on there is Bombdirt as well. Realistically I'm just an average player but I'm always down to help people with Battle Stars and all that crap. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lasers, rail guns, space elevators and drone mother ships 

Shut up and take my money 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spider-Man is all kinds of fun. Combat is pretty smooth too but you have to get used to it. I have a hard time because I'm a bit of a button masher.  Graphics are really nice and they did an really good job on capturing Spider-Man's personality and the details of the city. Just wished I had more time to play. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2018 at 11:07 AM, Untouchable said:

Less than 4 weeks to go 

 

 

Somehow, this makes me want to play the game even more: 

 

red-dead-redemption-2-horse-testicles-ch

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2018 at 12:07 PM, Untouchable said:

Less than 4 weeks to go 

 

I'm ready for this. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2018 at 6:18 PM, Bombdirt said:

 

Somehow, this makes me want to play the game even more: 

 

red-dead-redemption-2-horse-testicles-ch

I can't wait to see the first horse testicles gif from this game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2018 at 3:04 PM, Bombdirt said:

Aaaaaaah thank you! I knew there was another upcoming major release I was looking forward to playing. Holy crap, how could I forget about Fallout 76? I guess my brain isn't working right in my old age. 

That's another game that's going to eat up a couple months of my free time. I'd better tell my family and friends that they won't be seeing much of me until spring, unless they want to come visit me on the couch. 

 

Preordered the tricentennial edition. I cant get enough Fallout in any form, I'm all in on this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really want to like that fallout MMO, but something tells me it's not gonna work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2018 at 10:33 PM, T0mShane said:

Like a moron, I read one good review about Madden 19 and, like a moron, I paid 60 bucks for it and, as expected, it’s the same overly complicated joyless slog its been for more than a decade. 

Where are you, Tom?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Where are you, Tom?

The jets are doing well, check Bellevue 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, rillo said:

I really want to like that fallout MMO, but something tells me it's not gonna work. 

I’ve never once played Fallout or The Elder Scrolls and found myself saying “Gee, you know what would make this better? Playing online with a bunch of other people”.

I personally think it’s going to suck if you prefer to play by yourself. 

Zero NPC’s in the game to interact with or receive quests from, there will be tons of 12-14 year old kids who do nothing but play the game all day everyday and make it miserable for more casual players, etc.

After Red Dead Redemption II, the next game I’m looking forward to is Cyberpunk 2077. And that probably isn’t coming out until late 2019 at the earliest.

But with all of the sh*t you can do in Red Dead II, I probably won’t need another game for well over a year. I’ll probably invest 30-40 hours altogether just fishing.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2018 at 5:39 PM, Fishooked said:

Preordered the tricentennial edition. I cant get enough Fallout in any form, I'm all in on this one.

I just started playing Fallout 4 about a month and a half ago.  This game seems endless, so many damn side quests that I can't help but complete.  I've just finally wandered into Diamond City after about a week of actual playing time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

I’ve never once played Fallout or The Elder Scrolls and found myself saying “Gee, you know what would make this better? Playing online with a bunch of other people”.

I personally think it’s going to suck if you prefer to play by yourself. 

Zero NPC’s in the game to interact with or receive quests from, there will be tons of 12-14 year old kids who do nothing but play the game all day everyday and make it miserable for more casual players, etc.

After Red Dead Redemption II, the next game I’m looking forward to is Cyberpunk 2077. And that probably isn’t coming out until late 2019 at the earliest.

But with all of the sh*t you can do in Red Dead II, I probably won’t need another game for well over a year. I’ll probably invest 30-40 hours altogether just fishing.

 

God, the 12 year olds....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I just started playing Fallout 4 about a month and a half ago.  This game seems endless, so many damn side quests that I can't help but complete.  I've just finally wandered into Diamond City after about a week of actual playing time.

I thought it sucked compared to New Vegas and Fallout 3.

They stripped away a bunch of the role playing elements. Now Fallout is basically just an open world first person shooter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

I’ve never once played Fallout or The Elder Scrolls and found myself saying “Gee, you know what would make this better? Playing online with a bunch of other people”.

I personally think it’s going to suck if you prefer to play by yourself. 

Zero NPC’s in the game to interact with or receive quests from, there will be tons of 12-14 year old kids who do nothing but play the game all day everyday and make it miserable for more casual players, etc.

After Red Dead Redemption II, the next game I’m looking forward to is Cyberpunk 2077. And that probably isn’t coming out until late 2019 at the earliest.

But with all of the sh*t you can do in Red Dead II, I probably won’t need another game for well over a year. I’ll probably invest 30-40 hours altogether just fishing.

100%

Although I wont be able to play RDR that long but it'll be a solid 2 months if it lives up to hype.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CTM said:

100%

Although I wont be able to play RDR that long but it'll be a solid 2 months if it lives up to hype.

Yep

Just the stuff like fishing, hunting, customizing your clothes and weapons and building a bond with your horse will keep me busy for a long time.

Now it’s come out that the main storyline is around 60-65 hours long.

I fully expect this to revolutionize open world games and send Bethesda’s slack asses back to the drawing board. Morrowind is still maybe my favorite game of all-time but every Bethesda game since then has been dumbed down more and more. It’s gotten to the point where they don’t even feel like RPG’s anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Yep

Just the stuff like fishing, hunting, customizing your clothes and weapons and building a bond with your horse will keep me busy for a long time.

Now it’s come out that the main storyline is around 60-65 hours long.

I fully expect this to revolutionize open world games and send Bethesda’s slack asses back to the drawing board. Morrowind is still maybe my favorite game of all-time but every Bethesda game since then has been dumbed down more and more. It’s gotten to the point where they don’t even feel like RPG’s anymore.

I liked Skyrim and Oblivion better than Morrowind, although all 3 were great . I actually never finished Morrowind due to it starting to feel too much like work. 

CyberPunk looks great and Witcher had a good balance between RPG and action/fun, so I'm hoping this is similiar 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit the bullet and pre-ordered RDRII...it's getting cold.  I don't really need to go outside anyway.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2018 at 1:39 PM, Bergen Jet said:

Anyone playing Black Ops 4?  Been playing a little blackout and multiplayer on PS4.

My son wants it for his 13th birthday. So far the only shooters I have let him play are halo, overwatch and fortnite 

I read the parental reviews and it's mixed.. Some say you can turn off gore and language but there is torture. 

Would you offer an opinion about the appropriate age to play the game? 

Txs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2018 at 1:53 PM, IndianaJet said:

Bit the bullet and pre-ordered RDRII...it's getting cold.  I don't really need to go outside anyway.

Already did the download and install on my digital copy.

Also already took off from work Friday and told the wife that as soon as I get off on Thursday, I’m downing a 12 pack, passing out and waking up at midnight to play.

Yeah, I’ve been looking forward to this one for a long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24 seconds of leaked RDR II gameplay

If you look closely, the first lawman he shoots gets his hand blown off.

The map was also leaked yesterday and it’s f*cking massive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...