Watered down beer in Seattle.... Oh no the 12th man half drunk

joewilly12

usp_nfl__green_bay_packers_at_seattle_se

(USA TODAY Sports)

For many fans there is nothing worse than paying for cheap overpriced beer at sporting events. However, a Komo News investigation of CenturyLink Field’s beer practices appears to have uncovered something worse than exorbitantly priced stadium beer, and that is exorbitantly priced and watered-down stadium beer.

According to the report, Komo News worked with IEH Labs to test the alcohol by volume percentages of six CenturyLink beers.

Their findings are as follows …

Stella Artois
5.0% advertised ABV
4.8% tested

Bud Light
4.2% advertised
3.9% tested

Redhook Brewery No Equal
5.2% advertised
4.8% tested

Shocktop
5.2% advertised
4.7% tested

Bass Pale Ale
5.1% advertised
4.5% tested

Budweiser
5.0% advertised
4.4% tested

The report notes that federal law prohibits alcohol providers from selling beer that is below 0.3% of its advertised content. CenturyLink Field declined to comment on the testing, however Anheuser-Busch called into question the method of testing and asserted that it follows all federal regulations.

“We sell only full-strength beer in the state of Washington,” Anheuser-Busch vice president David Craig said in a statement. “The Anheuser-Busch draft beers offered at CenturyLink Field, and throughout the state, are the same as the packaged beer consumers purchase at bars, restaurants, convenience stores and other retail locations including CenturyLink Field.”

According to an August Forbes report, CenturyLink Field’s $8 beers are marked up 710%. How does that make you feel, Seahawks fans?

ap_giants_seahawks_football_68627658.jpg

(AP)

Seahawks fans pride themselves for being making CentruyLink one of the loudest stadiums in the NFL. You’d hope the 12th man isn’t getting the shaft when it comes to his ABV. If nothing else, the report is a good reminder to take your tailgates seriously.

Kinda sad beer selection for Seattle considering the Pacific Northwest is murdering the beer game right now. It's like going to a Cubs game and they're still selling Old Style all over the place. Blech. I think it's just that the 50 and up crowd can't come to grips with the fact that the beer and weed of your generation sucked.

Kinda sad beer selection for Seattle considering the Pacific Northwest is murdering the beer game right now. It's like going to a Cubs game and they're still selling Old Style all over the place. Blech. I think it's just that the 50 and up crowd can't come to grips with the fact that the beer and weed of your generation sucked.

Lol everything about this is true.

Hey now, hey.. Our weed is still pretty bomb. Josh Gordon thinks so.

I'm offended by this post.

Archived