the Future...?

CobraVerde

There should be no doubt in anyone's mind now that major changes are coming for the team. Next year there will be new everything. New coach, new GM, new QB. in my mind im already looking toward that. Doesnt make me any less of a "fan". Im still watching games this season but im in "who stays and who goes mode".

There should be no doubt in anyone's mind now that major changes are coming for the team. Next year there will be new everything. New coach, new GM, new QB. in my mind im already looking toward that. Doesnt make me any less of a "fan". Im still watching games this season but im in "who stays and who goes mode".

Nowadays a team in the NFL can turn it around in 1 year but this team has so many holes and needs I don't see us being competitive for a least2 years. RB, DE, C, LT. Every other position needs to be upgraded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not convinced there will be a new GM. Not saying I'd be shocked if it happens, but it's not nearly the inevitable situations that new HC and new QB are.

I just hate the fact that even with a 2-10 record we sit at the 5th pick right now.

That blows. 2 wins usually gets you numero uno.  Looking for Mariotta in the 1st and Jaelen Strong at the top of round 2.  Let Harvin walk.  Save the 10 mil.  Sign 2 corners in FA and move on from there.

I'm not convinced there will be a new GM. Not saying I'd be shocked if it happens, but it's not nearly the inevitable situations that new HC and new QB are.

Then we'd be right back where we started 2 years ago, when we should've fired Rex.

Forcing Rex on GM candidates resulted in a sub-par hire; keeping a lame-duck GM will result in sub-par coaching candidates.

I dont think Idzick will be here. This year was that much of a disaster. Especially if a coach like Harbaugh says im not coming if i cant have complete control of personnel. You think Gruden, Cower or whoever is gonna do that? If Idzick stays he;s bringing in a coach that isnt going to question his decisions, for that you keep Rex. I cant see both of these guys staying if Jets want to get a real coach.

Then we'd be right back where we started 2 years ago, when we should've fired Rex.

Forcing Rex on GM candidates resulted in a sub-par hire; keeping a lame-duck GM will result in sub-par coaching candidates.

I'm not saying he hasn't earned getting replaced himself. I'm merely stating it's my opinion is that he returns. I'm basing it in large part on his (presumed but very believable rumor of) force-feeding Geno back onto Ryan for the rest of the season. If Idzik wasn't returning he wouldn't care -- or even involve himself in the first place. 

Based on his play before today, that was a "best chance to lose" move. It helps draft picks, it helps to further rationalize Ryan's dismissal...just saying, it's an odd move to make this game-12 (through game 16) demand if he's getting fired.

We'll see.

I just hate the fact that even with a 2-10 record we sit at the 5th pick right now.

everyone except the raiders and jets should win at least another game, we are a lock for the second pick, we are going 2-14

I dont think Idzick will be here. This year was that much of a disaster. Especially if a coach like Harbaugh says im not coming if i cant have complete control of personnel. You think Gruden, Cower or whoever is gonna do that? If Idzick stays he;s bringing in a coach that isnt going to question his decisions, for that you keep Rex. I cant see both of these guys staying if Jets want to get a real coach.

I think a coach like those you mention, if Woody is interested in them, muddies that decision to retain him. Absent an incoming HC with such demands, which requires seeking him out behind the GM's back, I think Idzik's coming back again. 

everyone except the raiders and jets should win at least another game, we are a lock for the second pick, we are going 2-14

I hope you are right.  Mariotta is the pick.  The Raiders will most likely trade out having Carr.  I just hope the team that jumps The Jets don't take Marcus.

I see Idzik staying around. He has finally crashed the Tanny/Rex era to its lowest point and now it's all on him to build the organization from the ground up. He has lots of cap room, a handful of guys on both sides of the ball to build around and an open opportunity to clear out the scouting and coaching depts. The biggest hurdle for him will be QB. If he keep hanging on to Geno as the solution he will be out the door in a couple years. That guy is just not the solution. So we'll see whether Idzik is the idiot people think he is or a smart a-hole who quietly became the face of awfulness to set the team up for success.

I'm in "who stays" mode, because that requires a much smaller list.

I'm not saying he hasn't earned getting replaced himself. I'm merely stating it's my opinion is that he returns. I'm basing it in large part on his (presumed but very believable rumor of) force-feeding Geno back onto Ryan for the rest of the season. If Idzik wasn't returning he wouldn't care -- or even involve himself in the first place. 

Based on his play before today, that was a "best chance to lose" move. It helps draft picks, it helps to further rationalize Ryan's dismissal...just saying, it's an odd move to make this game-12 (through game 16) demand if he's getting fired.

We'll see.

If that happens (and I'm not saying it won't, since nothing would surprise me when it comes to this franchise), it would be emblematic of the dysfunction that defines us as a team.

An owner with the slightest modicum of common sense realizes the error of two years ago and takes measures to rectify it, even if it means eating some $. Get a real GM in here with a personnel background (the kind who wouldn't take the job with Rex attached) like a Tom Gamble or an Eliot Wolf, let him pick his own front office/scouting dept (purge Bauer, Bradway, etc), and HC (who in turn hires his own staff) - you know, the way a serious, competent organization is run.

But knowing the Jets are the antithesis of a serious, competent organization, you're probably right :(

I hope you are right.  Mariotta is the pick.  The Raiders will most likely trade out having Carr.  I just hope the team that jumps The Jets don't take Marcus.

At this point, I'm thinking the Raiders draft Mariota themselves if they have the #1 and look to trade Carr. But if we lose out and they win one more game, we draft before them since we have them beat on the SOS tiebreaker.

The Raiders have 0 chance of winning another game.  They will be picking number 1.  They will not beat the Niners,  Chiefs, Bills or Broncos.  So I guess the Jets have no chance at Mariotta.  If that happens trade back grab another Second and draft Connor Cook. If Winston wins another National title the Raiders may take Jameis.  I can dream.

At this point, I'm thinking the Raiders draft Mariota themselves if they have the #1 and look to trade Carr. But if we lose out and they win one more game, we draft before them since we have them beat on the SOS tiebreaker.

Carr is fine.  Mariota will sit on the bench for a couple of years.  Carr will give us a seasoned starter.

I just really don't see Carr being pushed aside for Mariota.. they have their quarterback for at the least 2 more years.

Carr was just drafted with a high draft pick.. you don't give up on one(especially a QB) this early. I say we snag Cooper or Mariota. If it's Mariota then we have Jalen Strong,Ty Montgomery, Sammie Coates to look forward to and if we pick Cooper we can grab Connor if he elects to go through the draft, if not we could build around the offense for next year and pick him.

Archived