Gordon for Harvin (not an outright trade)

Gastineau Lives

ESPN Cleveland's Tony Grossi senses a "definite feeling" that Josh Gordon won't be back with the Browns in 2015.

The Chronicle-Telegram's Scott Petrak gets the same feeling after Browns GM Ray Farmer's end-of-season press conference Tuesday morning. Grossi went as far to say it may take "only five minutes" into staff meetings next week for the team to decide on Gordon. You'd have to think the Browns will try and trade Gordon before outright waiving him, but a split seems likelier by the day.

I would have to think long and hard about this one and on many levels.

ESPN Cleveland's Tony Grossi senses a "definite feeling" that Josh Gordon won't be back with the Browns in 2015.

The Chronicle-Telegram's Scott Petrak gets the same feeling after Browns GM Ray Farmer's end-of-season press conference Tuesday morning. Grossi went as far to say it may take "only five minutes" into staff meetings next week for the team to decide on Gordon. You'd have to think the Browns will try and trade Gordon before outright waiving him, but a split seems likelier by the day.

I would have to think long and hard about this one and on many levels.

Doesn't matter which level you're playing on. Trades are not affected. In the All-Madden level, the cpu plays super fast. 

I knew I should have given that game more than one hour to get me interested. Couldn't get past the training part.

pick up all the good FAs, trade em for picks, use those picks to trade for Mannings and all the Dez Bryants, convert them to kickers, then release them, then sign them as kickers and pay them 7 mil for 7 years, then convert them back to their original position. Now you'll have about $60mil in cap space, and one of the best team out there with Brady and Brees backing up Manning. 

It's amazing the job Mike Pettine is doing controlling the lockerroom and building that team.  I mean, all the success the Jets had under Rex was because Pettine was the only guy controlling the lockerroom.

In his defense Gordon spent 4 weeks with the team and Johnny Manziel is an alcoholic liar

pick up all the good FAs, trade em for picks, use those picks to trade for Mannings and all the Dez Bryants, convert them to kickers, then release them, then sign them as kickers and pay them 7 mil for 7 years, then convert them back to their original position. Now you'll have about $60mil in cap space, and one of the best team out there with Brady and Brees backing up Manning. 

Better than playing with the Jets, eh?

It's amazing the job Mike Pettine is doing controlling the lockerroom and building that team.  I mean, all the success the Jets had under Rex was because Pettine was the only guy controlling the lockerroom.

Anonymous sources suggest Pettine is in line to become the HC of the year. 

In his defense Gordon spent 4 weeks with the team and Johnny Manziel is an alcoholic liar

Yeah but Collision Low Crossers said he was the one that kept it all together and that book is gospel.

Anonymous sources suggest Pettine is in line to become the HC of the year. 

Word.  Makes sense.  He was the one that got away.

Random thought here, but with our cap room, I'd consider taking a flyer on Randall Cobb (UFA).  Doubt we'd be able to pry him away from GB, but that would round out our WR group nicely and eliminate it as a draft need.  Of course doing that would guarantee that we have our choice of the top WRs but what can you do :)

Random thought here, but with our cap room, I'd consider taking a flyer on Randall Cobb (UFA).  Doubt we'd be able to pry him away from GB, but that would round out our WR group nicely and eliminate it as a draft need.  Of course doing that would guarantee that we have our choice of the top WRs but what can you do :)

I'd throw Harvin's money at Cobb... but I doubt he leaves GB. At the rate he and Jordy are going, they'll be in the HOF. You lose that coming to the Jets...

unless the guy is looking for the BIG pay day!

I'd throw Harvin's money at Cobb... but I doubt he leaves GB. At the rate he and Jordy are going, they'll be in the HOF. You lose that coming to the Jets...

unless the guy is looking for the BIG pay day!

Well you know, it's really rare, but I've heard rumors about pro athletes who actually play for the money, not just love of the game.  But WRs are generally such rock solid character guys that it's really a long shot :)

I wouldn't touch Gordon with a rubber glove at the end of a 10' pole but I'd definitely throw money at a guy like Cobb, even if it was a little over-market.  Good character guy with consistent performance.  At least then we couldn't blame the QB performance on the WR talent level. 

I wouldn't touch Gordon with a rubber glove at the end of a 10' pole but I'd definitely throw money at a guy like Cobb, even if it was a little over-market.  Good character guy with consistent performance.  At least then we couldn't blame the QB performance on the WR talent level. 

I'd add Maclin to that list. He's probably a better route runner than Cobb, who is more Harvin like but w/o the injury history

I'd add Maclin to that list. He's probably a better route runner than Cobb, who is more Harvin like but w/o the injury history

Sure.  And then there's Dez Bryant.  Both he and Murray are FAs and Cowboys don't have much cap room.  Hey, a fan can dream!

Sure. And then there's Dez Bryant. Both he and Murray are FAs and Cowboys don't have much cap room. Hey, a fan can dream!

Cowboys are prioritizing Dez. If they ran Murray into the ground like that with the intention of giving him a long term deal they're insane. Plus the nice part about having that line is they can block for anybody. We used to have one of those.

A) No sh*t. We'd be absolute f*cking morons to not make that trade.

2) (I am aware B comes after A, but I don't want to post a stupid sunglasses wearing emoticon) There is no way in hell the Browns deal Gordon because he's a malcontent and replace him with an older, less talented malcontent.

Archived