Georgia Bulldogs hire Brian Schottenheimer as OC/QB Coach

Jetsfan80

Love watching his career desenigrate. Can't wait until he is cleaning toilets at MetLife. I'll make sure to leave him a nice steaming floater as a thank you for those awesome goalie play calls in the 2010 AFCCG.

I hope Brian Schitteneimer is under a bridge in Edmonton in the winter in 2 years coaching the eskimoes practice squad. Friggin hack cost us a Super Bowl appearance

Love watching his career desenigrate. Can't wait until he is cleaning toilets at MetLife. I'll make sure to leave him a nice steaming floater as a thank you for those awesome goalie play calls in the 2010 AFCCG.

I was at that game with my Dad. He flew into Pittsburgh from Florida and I made the 10 hour drive from Northern Michigan. Even worse than the goaline fiasco was what he did with under 2 minutes to go in the 1st half, on 3rd and 17 backed up at the Jets own 15 or so. I turned to my Dad before the play and said "Run a draw and punt, right?" He shook his head and said "yup."

Schitthead decided to get super aggressive in a really high risk spot. He called for a seven step drop which resulted in a highly predictable Mark strip-sack TD.

Very little doubt in my mind the Jets win that game if Schitthead doesnt gift wrap 7 points there. I really hate that guy.

I was at that game with my Dad. Even worse than the goaline fiasco was what he did with under 2 minutes to go in the 1st half, on 3rd and 17 backed up at the Jets own 15 or so. I turned to my Dad before the play and said "Run a draw and punt, right?" He shook his head and said "yup."

Schitthead decided to get super aggressive in a really high risk spot. He called for a seven step drop which resulted in a highly predictable Mark strip-sack TD.

Very little doubt in my mind the Jets win that game if Schitthead doesnt gift wrap 7 points there. I really hate that guy.

Brian Shottenheimer was a dumb motherf*cker

I wasn't there, but the 2 games we lost in Pittsburgh over the last 10 years to end our playoff runs were devastating. In 2004 and 2010 we were the better team, but didn't have the heart.

In 1998 and 2009 I knew the other team was better, we had a shot, but I knew Denver and Indy had once in a generation QB's and we simply didnt. But getting beat by big Ben, when we were better, more well rounded squads..... Both times. Painful.

In both 2004 and 2010, if we had a high quality head coach I think we would have won.

I was at the AFCCG in '98 too. I am not so sure Denver was any more than marginally better than the Jets. Both teams were really, really good and the Jets had the better coaching staff. Tuna, Belicheat, and Weiss. I lived in Fort Collins, CO at the time and saw the Broncos almost every week because they played in the late game slots most of the time while the Jets played east coast 1PMs. After benching Foley, the Jets went 10-1 before beating Brunell and Jax. The deafening, and I do mean deafening, old mile high stadium was pretty quiet at half time and watched Vinny complete like his first 12-15 passes... they didnt get to shout that obnoxious "in-com-plete!" for a shockingly long time. The Jets self destructed with turnovers.

As for Big Ben. Part of his awesomeness cannot be fully appreciated from TV. You get a different perspective being in the stadium. The man has eyes in the back of his head. I watched a handful of 3rd downs when the Jets were all around him, and he sensed the pressure, took a side step, spun away from the defenders, and either ran for a first down or delivered a strike on the move. Ben is a fabulous player with a truly unique combination of size, agility and strength.

I have like 6 Bulldog Alums in my office. They were excited. Haha

It makes me smile.

Well, here is one Bulldog alum who is not excited.  Not excited at all.  Only thing that I think Schotty will bring to us is as a recruiter.  A former NFL OC should have some value as a recruiter.  Can't wait to see those 5 yard curl patterns on 3rd and 7.  

Well, here is one Bulldog alum who is not excited. Not excited at all. Only thing that I think Schotty will bring to us is as a recruiter. A former NFL OC should have some value as a recruiter. Can't wait to see those 5 yard curl patterns on 3rd and 7.

Haha

I told them they can look forward to FB's lined up wide in empty back sets. And out smarting everyone by doing the opposite of what's working.

You're probably right though, he will be a good recruiter but its not like recruiting has been an issue in Athens. The talent is there...getting that D right and finally winning a big game has been the issue.

I think Schotty below average to average at best, but he/Sanchez did do a better job game managing (aka , stay out of the way) in conjunction w/Rex's defenses  than any QB/OC combo since then.

Thats not a compliment but more a indictment of the Jets hiring.

Archived