Former Miami Dolphin Rob Konrad swims 10-12 hours to shore after boating accident

TuscanyTile2

It's not as crazy as you're making it out to be. The English Channel is way more than 9 miles. The big open water distance swims are generally more than double that.

Agreed.  But swimming the English Channel is still considered a big deal and it is only even attempted by people who train full time to do that.  This guy was a retired football player.

When I was a teenager, playing multiple competitive sports and swam every day I had to swim a couple of miles and it was not easy.  Again, I am not saying it didn't happen.  It just seems weird to me.  Maybe it was just one of those things where he didn't really know how close he was to shore.  Who knows?

If it was pointed offshore it would have just kept going until it ran out of gas and is floating around out there somewhere.  If it ran up on some beach we will probably hear about it soon.

maritime laws of salvage is finders keepers let's charter a boat and go find her

Archived