Keepers From Last Years Draft

TNJet

Im guessing that was right after Amaros one good game of the season. You can't cherry pick stats. What was he after a complete season? Late 20's-30's? Thats the definition of a Jag. He has no where near elite speed or Yac either. Hes Just another guy. Drafting a receiving tight-end that can't block and drops balls that high is an issue. Its like drafting a secondary player that can't cover ( Pryor) or WR that can't catch like Stephen Hill. Its one of the biggest issues the Jets had in drafting the last few years - They take players that can't do the fundamental requirements of their position.

While you make valid points, they're discounted because FOR A ROOKIE he actually performed rather well and was TRANSITIONING from a simple route offense to a professional playbook. It's best to reserve judgement until a more ample sample is available - let alone a better QB situation- to really see where his game CAN STILL DEVELOP - and he has shown flashes of ability

I think the jury is obviously still out on most of these guys we drafted.

1. Pryor S

2. Amaro TE

3. Shaq Evans WR

4. Dakota Dozier G

5.  IK Enempkali OLB/DE

6. Trevor Reilly OLB/DE

7. Dex McDougle CB

The rest were cut way too soon imo. Saunders had a 95 yd kickoff return for the Saints 2 weeks after Idzik's dumbass cut him. He gave up on him way too early only because of a muffed punt in a game this season. And he was only a rook...c'mon man!

Interestingly enough, Dex, Shaq, and Dozier didn't see the field. I am eager to see what they can do because as bad as I hate to admit it if these guys end up making the roster and contributing which is very possible, Idzik's draft will be able to save some face. I think we really found a diamond in the rough in IK Enempkali, dude is super fast and plays similar to Terrell Suggs. Had a couple sacks in preseason and 1 in the regular season in place of Coples.  Just think at 6-1 and in need of WR depth Shaq Evans could turn out to be a stud.

Assuming you are right, when you add these players from the 2013 draft:

Milliner

Richardson

Smith

Aboushi

Winters

Bohannon

That means the Jets just fired GM added 13 drafted players to the Roster who are still apart of the team. 6 of whom are /were projected starters and 10 of whom have started at some point for the team. Somebody may have been sabotaged and wrongfully judged.

TNJet, on 17 Jan 2015 - 2:34 PM, said:

Word Papz, Bowles also can help out Dex and Milliner.

Respectfully, you can't help chronic injury. Nothing anyone can do. These were bad picks period. Both guys had real bad injury histories coming out of college. They knew this. That is why they are gone.

Assuming you are right, when you add these players from the 2013 draft:

Milliner

Richardson

Smith

Aboushi

Winters

Bohannon

That means the Jets just fired GM added 13 drafted players to the Roster who are still apart of the team. 6 of whom are /were projected starters and 10 of whom have started at some point for the team. Somebody may have been sabotaged and wrongfully judged.

Lol. Stop. Just, no.

Was named to the All Rookie Team at TE.

Led rookie TEs in catches and receiving yards.

It was possibly the worst Tightend crop in the last 5 years. Fitting that we take a TE in the worst crop instead of a WR from the best crop but whatever. So lets talk numbers since those awards are strictly based on the terrible TE class - and peter king/Kiper and others do mention its due to the class.

Amaro had 345 yards. Big whoop. He had 38 catches with 7-10 drops? Not normal drops either - like standing still and no defender around and hitting him in the hands type drops. Like Stephen Hill type drops.

Google search "Jace Amaro - Drops". He has always dropped the ball. Always will. When you dont block much and were drafted to be a receiver thats an issue.

It was possibly the worst Tightend crop in the last 5 years. Fitting that we take a TE in the worst crop instead of a WR from the best crop but whatever. So lets talk numbers since those awards are strictly based on the terrible TE class - and peter king/Kiper and others do mention its due to the class.

Amaro had 345 yards. Big whoop. He had 38 catches with 7-10 drops? Not normal drops either - like standing still and no defender around and hitting him in the hands type drops. Like Stephen Hill type drops.

Google search "Jace Amaro - Drops". He has always dropped the ball. Always will. When you dont block much and were drafted to be a receiver thats an issue.

I'm not saying he's Gronk. I'm saying he's not a horrible player. 

Compare his rookie stats to Jason Witten's or Tony Gonzalez's. You might be surprised. In no way am I saying that he's the next Jason Witten, but it's a bit early to bury Amaro.

Could have been worse, we could have traded up for Ebron, like some wanted to do

Could have been worse, we could have traded up for Ebron, like some wanted to do

amaro had good year , would have been better if geno knew how to find safety valves,,Ebron will be fine IMHO, lots of weapons in Detroit. Glad you still thinking of me in most threads, I'm honored, makes me proud :)

Bleed Green Rich, I know you do.

Hope family well :)

Hang in there man :)

Im guessing that was right after Amaros one good game of the season. You can't cherry pick stats. What was he after a complete season? Late 20's-30's? Thats the definition of a Jag. He has no where near elite speed or Yac either. Hes Just another guy. Drafting a receiving tight-end that can't block and drops balls that high is an issue. Its like drafting a secondary player that can't cover ( Pryor) or WR that can't catch like Stephen Hill. Its one of the biggest issues the Jets had in drafting the last few years - They take players that can't do the fundamental requirements of their position. 

I mean, seriously? I literally said it was after his six game stretch. I mentioned why it was only after half of a season.  Do you just reply without actually reading the responses? 

You know how when you watch any of the paranormal shows, about people who see ghosts, or sasquatch or even UFO activity and the witnesses finally get validation after telling their stories for so long until someone else also sees or experiences what they've been seeing? They always utter the words "I thought I was going crazy". This feels like one of those moments for me, because like Shockwave here 'I' also thought that I was watching a rookie TE who had the unique ability to drop balls that hit him either right between the numbers or right in his hands when there were no defenders within 15 yards of him. Now I THOUGHT that's what I was seeing all season but apparently I must have been watching someone else because it couldn't have been All-Rookie Team Jace Amaro. 

If we are having to use him as an example  to grading a draft then that draft is even worse than I thought, and I already rated it as perhaps one of the worst big numbered drafts by any team with maybe the exception of the Pats 2007 draft when the only draftee left on the team by season's end was the #1 pick Brandon Meriweather. Even in that disastrous class they did manage to fleece the raiders out of Randy Moss for the 110th pick of that draft, who turned out to be a guy named John Bowie. Even worse than Jim Fergosi for Nolan Ryan.... 

Here IS that 2007 Pats draft class in case you were wondering....

The Patriots selected the following players during the 2007 NFL Draft.

1 Brandon Meriweather, FS, Miami (Fla.) 

4 Kareem Brown, DL, Miami (Fla.) 

5 Clint Oldenburg, OL, Colorado State 

6 Justin Rogers, OLB, Southern Methodist 

6 Mike Richardson, CB, Notre Dame 

6 Justise Hairston, RB, Central Connecticut State 

6 Corey Hilliard, OL, Oklahoma State 

7 Oscar Lua, LB, USC 

7 Mike Elgin, OL, Iowa

Not sure about Reilly & Evans but the rest is almost a lock to not only make the team but contribute in a lot of ways. IK is my sleeper pick, I think he can nail down the starting job on one side at OLB. He reminds me a bit of a Elvis Dumervil / Justin Houston type. Hopefully he comes through and gets an opportunity to compete for a starting job, I like his upside. Shouldn't be that hard to pull off unless we bring in 1-2 bigname free agents. I don't see Pace returning and Coples will probably move back to DE.

This better happen or ill be pissed...that's Rex's screw up. Hopefully Bowles does the right thing.

amaro will be very good imo. i was disappointed with pryor this year but im holding out hope that he improves after one year under his belt. the rest im not sure.  if evans or enuwa can produce, i think we are in better shape then most think . from watching highlights from enuwa, he kinda reminds me of boldin.  dex looked solid in preseason, lets just all pray he is not made of glass.  

He actually reminds me a lot of Cotchery and old jet favorite of mine.

Dixon played at the end of the year and seemed ok but that was on a bad secondary

Here is the complete list of 12;

1 18(18) C. Pryor DS Louisville

2 17(49) J. Amaro TE Texas Tech

3 16(80) D. McDougle DC Maryland

4 4(104) J. Saunders WR Oklahoma

4 15(115) S. Evans WR UCLA

4 37(137) D. Dozier OT Furman

5 14(154) J. George ILB Iowa State

6 19(195) B. Dixon DC Northwest Missouri State

6 33(209) Q. Enunwa WR Nebraska

6 34(210) I. Enemkpali DE Louisiana Tech

6 37(213) T. Boyd QB Clemson

7 18(233) T. Reilly OLB Utah

Actually Dixon was cut mid season by Idiotzik, but Williams or whatever played well from the Texans.

Actually Dixon was cut mid season by Idiotzik, but Williams or whatever played well from the Texans.

Nope.

Dixon didn't make final cuts on Aug 30th and he elected to sign with TB's PS.

He played in 14 games with 9 tackles and 1INT.

I was disappointed Dozier did not get any time in games at the end of the year. Will like to see what progress or not he has made

Same here...with the season lost and Colon almost surely gone I really hoped they'd start Dozier for a game or two.  Also no need for Babin to be playing 98% of the snaps...should've seen more of Ik.

Archived