Report: NFL investigating whether Patriots purposely deflated footballs during win over Colts

CM28

the game should be forfeited and regardless of the outcome the Lombardi awarded to Seattle, who knows maybe it'll all work out that way with the Seahawks destroying them and Brady getting knocked out of the game the same way that Vinny went down, with Jimmy Hoffa's ghost reaching up through the turf and grabbing his ankle

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deflated footballs didn't whiff on tackles all night, the Colts defense did. Either way, **** 'em, take their draft picks. They obviously calculated the risk that getting caught cheating and losing picks is worth the trip to the SB. So, make them pay up.

Until they start taking wins away, it will always be worth it for a team like the Patriots, built to win as often as possibly while Brady is playing, to risk getting caught cheating and/or cutting corners.

I never understood how the first allegations of cheating did not get people banned for life. Say what you want about baseball - but they would not have just given a slap on the wrist for influencing the outcome of major series/games.

The difference is the NFL has a commissioner that's a crooked piece of sh!t.

Between the rule changes, cover-ups (both of the Pats cheating and Ray Rice),and oversaturation of the product, Goodell has been the worst thing to ever happen to this league. He's destroying everything that people like Art Rooney and Wellington Mara did to make the NFL great. He's poison.

Exactly, if the balls were all inflated correctly, the game would have ended only 42-7 instead of 45-7.

Correct. The Colts wouldn't have won yesterday if they were playing with special balls that had "THE COLTS ARE SUPER AWESOME AND SPECIAL IN EVERY WAY" printed on them. 

However, if they were doing it yesterday it likely wasn't the first time as the Pats have a bit of a reputation when it comes to these types of shenanigans. 

The being said, I still don't understand how a league that generates over 7 billion dollars in annual revenue can't supply all of the balls for a playoff game. 

Suspend Bellicheat for the next 2 weeks and let him bitch. If a player got caught trying to shave points he'd be banned for life. This guy has systematically cheated his way to championships for 15 years and hasn't gotten more than a slap on the wrist as public theater. The game was enough of a blowout it didn't matter but if I lost by a point or 2 on the spread I'd want him dead today. Pull your head out of Krafts ass and protect the shield you worthless ****.

Exactly, if the balls were all inflated correctly, the game would have ended only 42-7 instead of 45-7.

It certainly raises questions about whether they've always been doing it or if this is the first time, especially given their history with sketchy matters.  Just like drunk drivers don't get caught until maybe the 40th time they do it, it's very possible they are repeat offenders here who are only getting taken to task now.  

Patriots fans are really going to have to start coming up increasingly clever ways to cover for the fact that their organization is run by multiple sh*tbags.  But hey, you got those titles.  Guess that's all that matters right?

It certainly raises questions about whether they've always been doing it or this is the first time.  Just like drunk drivers don't get caught until maybe the 40th time they do it, the Patriots are really going to have to start coming up increasingly clever ways to cover for the fact that their organization is run by multiple sh*tbags.

But hey, you got those titles***.  Guess that's all that matters right?

Fixed. 

It doesn't bother you at all that the Pats, more than any other team, are accused of nonsense like this?

Why would it bother me that people who can't even defend their own arguments accuse us of cheating?

You're just mad about our dominance and try to find tin foil hat conspiracy theories to justify it.

As far as I'm concerned it's great and hilarious and I look forward to watching people cry after every single game.

Legal formations are cheating, a ball that was low on air is taken out of the game and replaced and now that's Deflategate, etc etc.

Keep it coming man. I love it.

Why would it bother me that people who can't even defend their own arguments accuse us of cheating?

You're just mad about our dominance and try to find tin foil hat conspiracy theories to justify it.

As far as I'm concerned it's great and hilarious and I look forward to watching people cry after every single game.

Legal formations are cheating, a ball that was low on air is taken out of the game and replaced and now that's Deflategate, etc etc.

Keep it coming man. I love it.

What dominance? You haven't won dick in a decade. 

It could have a major effect on the opposing QB's accuracy. Luck was uncharacteristically inaccurate in the first half of yesterday's game. Although based on what we saw we can chalk that up mostly the pressure the Pats were getting and their coverage, he did have some throws that just appeared off that he usually makes. 

I absolutely, 100% agree with you.  

My point was that the the league wasn't interested in busting the Patriots.  If they were, they'd have measured volume, not weight.  A few cubic inches of air doesn't weigh squat.

Oh, and incase you geniuses didn't know (not that you honestly care), ALL the balls are provided to the officials BEFORE the game, with pressure gauges. They are then KEPT by the referees and given to the ball attendent at the start of the game.

I know you think Belichick just keeps all of them in his hoodie and the referees ask him for one every time they need, but that isn't how it works.

Cry some more, your tears taste delicious.

I'm starting to think your brains are deflated.

Oh, and incase you geniuses didn't know (not that you honestly care), ALL the balls are provided to the officials BEFORE the game, with pressure gauges. They are then KEPT by the referees and given to the ball attendent at the start of the game.

I know you think Belichick just keeps all of them in his hoodie and the referees ask him for one every time they need, but that isn't how it works.

Tell us more about how things work.  You're clearly the authority on all things associated with the inner workings of the NFL.

Hey Schmuckboy! If you had actually bothered to read my posts in this thread. I've actually been defending the Pats and saying that the deflated balls had little to no impact on yesterday's game. 

It must suck to root for a team that you constantly feel the need to defend, even against someone who is not attacking them. 

Hey Schmuckboy! If you had actually bothered to read my posts in this thread. I've actually been defending the Pats and saying that the deflated balls had little to no impact on yesterday's game. 

It must suck to root for a team that you constantly feel the need to defend, even against someone who is not attacking them. 

Yeah, going to a 6th Superbowl in the Brady era has really just been miserable, bro.

It sure would be nice to have a game where the Patriots aren't doing something sketchy.  So weird that writers, not Jets fans, are the ones reporting accusations.  I thought it was just Jets fans who make those claims?

I wonder what's in store for the Super Bowl.  Probably something to do with a Katy Perry Fembot in the Seattle locker room.

Tell us more about how things work.  You're clearly the authority on all things associated with the inner workings of the NFL.

Yeah you're right. Belichick actually keeps all the balls in his torn sleeves and deflates them as needed during the game when nobody is looking.

We're taping all your signals and taking air out of footballs. That's why the Patriots win football games.

It sure would be nice to have a game where the Patriots aren't doing something sketchy.  So weird that writers, not Jets fans, are the ones reporting accusations.  I thought it was just Jets fans who make those claims?

I wonder what's in store for the Super Bowl.  Probably something to do with a Katy Perry Fembot in the Seattle locker room.

Yeah, it's so weird that Kravitz is from Indianapolis and not a Jets fan.

Jets fans, Indy fans, Steeler fans. It's all the same whining, just different color jersey

Yeah you're right. Belichick actually keeps all the balls in his torn sleeves and deflates them as needed during the game when nobody is looking.

We're taping all your signals and taking air out of footballs. That's why the Patriots win football games.

Seems like you're trying to convince yourself of something.  Maybe EY can explain this to us.  Cognitive Dissonance + Symbolic Penis, no doubt about it.

Jets fans, Indy fans, Steeler fans. It's all the same whining, just different color jersey

So the Steelers, who have 6 rings, are one of multiple NFL teams who complain about the Pats cheating.  Yet in your mind it comes down to jealousy.  Oh, that's rich.

Yes, it's just every group of fans that is not Pats fans absolutely hate this team simply for losing two Super Bowls in the last 10 years. 

Archived