Report: NFL investigating whether Patriots purposely deflated footballs during win over Colts

CM28

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please, please be true. I worry that the league might sweep this under the rug so as not too taint the super bowl. We'll see.

If it's true then this fan won't even WATCH the Super Bowl.  My form of protest for rewarding serial cheaters.

Be a fan of a team who over the same 10-year period couldn't even win a division title?

Yea, that sounds like fun.

To try to change the subject, need your opinion. Who are your top 5 Pats of all time?  Here's my list.

1) Brady

2)Hannah

3)Francis

4)Cappeletti

5)Tippett

* Hon.mention...Troy Brown.

You guys are just hilarious.

It's great to see that you're now talkin about deflated balls with the rest of the haters. I love it.

You say you love it, but I don't think you do. I think you and rest of Patriots fans secretly agonize over stuff like this because you have nothing to say to it, and know if allegations like this are true that the whole reputation of the regime will be tarnished in the eyes of many considering what's happened in the past. 

Is Belichick that insecure that he continually has to manipulate the rules? 

Does he not realize that his team is good and can win on their own merit?

We all know that Pats win yesterday regardless. The sad part is, is that your own coach questioned the outcome.

We all know that Pats win yesterday regardless. The sad part is, is that your own coach questioned the outcome.

Its in his DNA. He's like a junkie. It's just his way. 

That's what I don't get.  Everyone knew they were winning that game.  

Patriots beat Colts to go to SB... flock to Jetnation, because why? I'm trying to understand how broken you have to be on the inside, for that to be the knee-jerk reaction to dealing with a modicum of success — obtained vicariously through a football team.

It's not an "insecurity" thing, it's a "problem with authority" thing. He likes to prove he doesn't have to answer to anyone. So far, he's winning.

It could have a major effect on the opposing QB's accuracy. Luck was uncharacteristically inaccurate in the first half of yesterday's game. Although based on what we saw we can chalk that up mostly the pressure the Pats were getting and their coverage, he did have some throws that just appeared off that he usually makes. 

As far as I can tell, it would only affect the Patriots balls and not the Colts.  It just makes the balls easier to grip, so it makes it easier to pass, catch and not cough up fumbles.  The biggest question really is this:  Is this the first game they did it?

You would have to be extremely naive to say it was the first time.  My guess is they started right after the Chiefs game.

You know what cracks me up the most about this guys? Just yesterday some A-hole Pats fans start in on us for the Woody Johnson tampering charge, even predicting that we are about to lose our 1st round draft pick to "the Genius" and then before their blowout is even over, these latest cheating allegations come to light and they answer that by saying how WE are so obsessed with their team. If there is any such thing as universal justice then New England is in for a bad day Feb 1. Just amazing.....

How would this help or hinder either kicker or QB ? Are they alleging the Pats rotated the underinflated balls into the game when Indy was on offense?

I believe they're saying it would make the balls easier to grip and throw for brady in the rain. I could be wrong though

How would this help or hinder either kicker or QB ? Are they alleging the Pats rotated the underinflated balls into the game when Indy was on offense?

No, under inflated balls are easier to throw and catch in cold rainy conditions...The Pats rotated them in for themselves to use.

As much as I would normally like to jumpaccusing oths bandwagon and beat up the Pats and I can understand how tampering with the balls can give one QB an advantage or more strongly, put one at a disadvantage, I find it amazing that the NFL doesn't supply ALL of the game balls. 

This is a ridiculously easy fix that doesn't exactly cost a lot of money. Is this league that ******* cheap? $7 billion + in annual revenue and you can't afford 36 footballs?

I don't think the point on this one is the advantage they get.  The point is pats always accusing other teams of breaking rules, while they rhemselves are always looking for ways to cheat.  Whether they meant to do it or not someone accusing them where they may have overlook another team.  Like with woody talking about revised another team would have not filed complaint.   The pats want to be assholes well then I hope from here on out they dot every I and cross every t.

Archived