Deflate-Gate \ Patriots Cheating Again Thread: MERGED

indygirl4jets

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unlike some people who love spending year's and year's obsessing about the rival team, posting on rival team's forums and so on,  some of us really aren't obsessed about  the rival team.

Really?

You count the number of Pats threads on this board started by Jets fans?

It was actually a Jay Glazer tweet that I saw, and he did not attribute Mortensen. So we had at least 2 reports of 2 psi deflation in 11 balls that stood for several days until the leak from the revisionist "investigation" that suddenly changes it to only 1 ball down by 2 psi. If the Columbia U physicist hired by the investigators does not do actual testing of balls, along the lines of what headsmart did but actually doing the job right instead, then I'll know the fix really is in.

Do you think an IVY league school that is endowed with Billions of dollars is going to put thier reputation on line. My youngest goes to Brown and any research is proof checked by 4 other researchers before being published.    

Know you think an IVY league school that is endowed with Billions of dollars is going to put thier reputation on line. My youngest goes to Brown and any research is proof checked by 4 other researchers before being published.    

Don't understand what point you are trying to make here. I am sure if the Columbia guy does the testing it will likely be done correctly and will be peer reviewed, which is exactly what I want.

I think you may have misread what I said, which was if the Columbia guy doesn't do the testing, then I would know that the fix was in. I was not suggesting in any way that if he does in fact do the testing that the work would be anything other than first rate. 

The pats should be exonerated and get an apology from the league regarding the leaks form the league office, not an apology for the investigation but just for the leaks. By any stretch of impartiallity, you can not use the ball that the accusing team has had in their possession without a very jaundiced eye. If all the other 11 balls are within 1lb there should be no doubt from anyone that it can be attributed to game conditions.  Specially now that is is known that the refs were told by Grigson/Pagamo to check the balls during the game. The colts could now very well inflated their balls in a cold condition knowing that when thier balls were also checked no deflation would appear except due to evaporative cooling.  

I knew it was those slimy Colts framing the innocent Pats. That's the only reasonable explanation. I betcha it was the opposing teams kidnapping poor , innocent Pats personnel and putting them in their stands with a videocam in their hands that caused Spycam as well.

Don't understand what point you are trying to make here. I am sure if the Columbia guy does the testing it will likely be done correctly and will be peer reviewed, which is exactly what I want.

I think you may have misread what I said, which was if the Columbia guy doesn't do the testing, then I would know that the fix was in. I was not suggesting in any way that if he does in fact do the testing that the work would be anything other than first rate. 

Sorry about that, sometimes in my zeal to win a point, I don't take the time to fully understand the other point. 

I knew it was those slimy Colts framing the innocent Pats. That's the only reasonable explanation. I betcha it was the opposing teams kidnapping poor , innocent Pats personnel and putting them in their stands with a videocam in their hands that caused Spycam as well.

why do you find that so hard to believe? You don't think the colts and Irsay hate the pats?  You do understand that nfl teams address concerns with the refs prior to each game, like watch for picks when they wr are Stacked, Make sure that the move TE is set at the snap all things that other teams think that other teams are doing.

And no the colts put a gun to the back of the videographer and made him leave the stands and jump down to the sidelines.

why do you find that so hard to believe? You don't think the colts and Irsay hate the pats?  You do understand that nfl teams address concerns with the refs prior to each game, like watch for picks when they wr are Stacked, Make sure that the move TE is set at the snap all things that other teams think that other teams are doing.

And no the colts put a gun to the back of the videographer and made him leave the stands and jump down to the sidelines.

hahahaha............Hate the pats doesn't mean they framed the innocent pats.

hahahaha............Hate the pats doesn't mean they framed the innocent pats.

Doesn't mean they didn't either. They as well as everyone but haters understood that the balls were going to be less PSI than what they began with. I actually think it was masterful.  They get embarrased on the field and can't do anything about it, but off the field after the pats were (?)one of the teams that complained about the recorded sound noise during the 2006 game.

Doesn't mean they didn't either. They as well as everyone but haters understood that the balls were going to be less PSI than what they began with. I actually think it was masterful.  They get embarrased on the field and can't do anything about it, but off the field after the pats were (?)one of the teams that complained about the recorded sound noise during the 2006 game.

So true. Everyone has to prove they are innocent so we can finally point the finger at the Pats.

REPORT: NFL Lied Multiple Times About How Deflated The Patriots’ Balls Were

It was fun while it lasted.

As the Deflate-Gate case against the New England Patriots continues to fall apart, multiple “anonymous leaks” have come forward to clear the Pats’ name, and the most recent source might officially end the conversation for good.

Earlier in the week, an anonymous leak claimed that the NFL lied when it originally reported 11 of the 12 Patriots’ balls were under-inflated by 2 pounds per square inch. The leak claimed that in reality, the balls were found to be between 1-2 pounds below the league limit for PSI. 

While this wasn’t concrete proof of the Patriots’ innocence, it at least lent some credibility to the argument that the weather was responsible for the deflated balls, still Business Insider claims this isn’t the whole story. Apparently, the Patriots’ balls weren’t anywhere close to the levels originally reported by ESPN’s Chris Mortensen.

“As far as the 11 footballs that I am told were below the 12.5 PSI, one was about two pounds under,” [ian Rapoport] said on NFL Network. “Several were about a pound under, and several more were just a tick below 12.5 PSI.”

The truth always win out.

I love how this latest anonymous leak comes out only hours before the Super Bowl. The Deflate-Gate instigators must have realized their cyber bullying can’t keep New England from winning. They probably thought that by dropping a guilty confession just before kickoff, it would get lost in the pending wave of Pats-mania that typically accompanies Brady bringing home a title.

Well, I’ve got news for all you Pats-haters out there.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/02/01/report-nfl-lied-multiple-times-about-how-deflated-the-patriots-balls-were/

As the Deflate-Gate case against the New England Patriots continues to fall apart, multiple “anonymous leaks” have come forward to clear the Pats’ name, and the most recent source might officially end the conversation for good.

Earlier in the week, an anonymous leak claimed that the NFL lied when it originally reported 11 of the 12 Patriots’ balls were under-inflated by 2 pounds per square inch. The leak claimed that in reality, the balls were found to be between 1-2 pounds below the league limit for PSI. 

While this wasn’t concrete proof of the Patriots’ innocence, it at least lent some credibility to the argument that the weather was responsible for the deflated balls, still Business Insider claims this isn’t the whole story. Apparently, the Patriots’ balls weren’t anywhere close to the levels originally reported by ESPN’s Chris Mortensen.

“As far as the 11 footballs that I am told were below the 12.5 PSI, one was about two pounds under,” [ian Rapoport] said on NFL Network. “Several were about a pound under, and several more were just a tick below 12.5 PSI.”

I love how this latest anonymous leak comes out only hours before the Super Bowl. The Deflate-Gate instigators must have realized their cyber bullying can’t keep New England from winning. They probably thought that by dropping a guilty confession just before kickoff, it would get lost in the pending wave of Pats-mania that typically accompanies Brady bringing home a title.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/02/01/report-nfl-lied-multiple-times-about-how-deflated-the-patriots-balls-were/

It is in the best interest of Goodell and NFL to sweep under rug and to not admit recent SB winner cheated to get there. They are guilty as sin for sure.  We can all blame Bevell for this

Earlier in the week, an anonymous leak claimed that the NFL lied when it originally reported 11 of the 12 Patriots’ balls were under-inflated by 2 pounds per square inch. The leak claimed that in reality, the balls were found to be between 1-2 pounds below the league limit for PSI

Why in the world would the NFL have lied?  Why would the refs have lied? Why would BB and TB have not said the balls were inflated? Why would Goodel have no come out and said they weren't?

This is going to be the excuse?  It's not even remotely plausible.

Why in the world would the NFL have lied?  Why would the refs have lied? Why would BB and TB have not said the balls were inflated? Why would Goodel have no come out and said they weren't?

This is going to be the excuse?  It's not even remotely plausible.

It is not that the NFL lied, it was how it was reported.  And there is no interviews anywhere that confirm that the refs said all the balls or the majority of the balls were two pounds light. Just that they were under spec and that at least one ball was 2lbs under..

It is not that the NFL lied, it was how it was reported.  And there is no interviews anywhere that confirm that the refs said all the balls or the majority of the balls were two pounds light. Just that they were under spec and that at least one ball was 2lbs under..

Are you legitimately trying to claim the NFL allowed this story to explode the way it did - on a national and main stream media level and did nothing about it?  Simply decided to let an anonymous source ,3 days after the Super Bowl, come out and say it all wasn't true?

Are you honestly saying you accept this as even remotely possible?

This dailycaller publication seems pretty objective.

This dailycaller publication seems pretty objective.

I disagree. When it stated "the truth always wins out," on what basis should we believe the latest report is more accurate than the earlier reports? No basis is given in the article, so there's really no reason to credit it with objectivity. And the guy who's writing all those stories for the Daily Caller strikes me as a total Pats fan. Objective? I don't think so.

I disagree. When it stated "the truth always wins out," on what basis should we believe the latest report is more accurate than the earlier reports? No basis is given in the article, so there's really no reason to credit it with objectivity. And the guy who's writing all those stories for the Daily Caller strikes me as a total Pats fan. Objective? I don't think so.

sarcasm

I'm pretty sure he was being facetious. 

Archived