We doing a draft this year?

New York Mick

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When we did these drafts at JI in the past, we always lost a couple of people as the draft went on -- some even dropped out in the first round without making a pick.  May want to keep this open for more than 16 -- some folks are likely to drop out.

Don't understand why someone would comitt and then not pay attention or at least say they cant participate anymore.  I see more 17 people on these boards posting everyday or am I blind and I'm just reading the same dudes posts?   

Don't understand why someone would comitt and then not pay attention or at least say they cant participate anymore.  I see more 17 people on these boards posting everyday or am I blind and I'm just reading the same dudes posts?   

I don't understand it either.  Just letting you know what our experience was like over at JI.  If you have had better luck over here with folks committing and seeing it through - thats great.  We p[probably lost a half dozen people during our draft last year..

When we did these drafts at JI in the past, we always lost a couple of people as the draft went on -- some even dropped out in the first round without making a pick. May want to keep this open for more than 16 -- some folks are likely to drop out.

Agreed. The more the merrier

When we did these we often did a full 7 rounds, that takes a long time.  And there was always multiple people that said yes but then wee not around.  It happens.

When we did these we often did a full 7 rounds, that takes a long time.  And there was always multiple people that said yes but then wee not around.  It happens.

You gonna be putting together your Excel sheet again this year? 

If any of the participants in the draft want a good helping resource pm me with an email address and I will send you my annual mock draft creator spreadsheet.  It lists over 400 players, lists the draft order, has other things like team stats from last year and combine numbers.  It's too large to attach to a post so I have to distribute via email.

Don't understand why someone would comitt and then not pay attention or at least say they cant participate anymore. I see more 17 people on these boards posting everyday or am I blind and I'm just reading the same dudes posts?

Happens every year and ruins the fun.

Not interested in running it again but will participate.

I want to do 1 and a half teams, you want to do the other half? I'm being dead serious, I don't know sh*t so I figured teaming up for one of them would be a good way to gain insight... 

We're just doing 3 rounds, right?

7 is too long.  IMO

7 rounds is great. It allows people to really look for players. 3 rounds are the typical names that we hear everyday, and some teams (like the bills) dont even have a 1st round pick so it will suck for people who are missing draft picks. 3 rounds is too short. 

7 rounds is great. It allows people to really look for players. 3 rounds are the typical names that we hear everyday, and some teams (like the bills) dont even have a 1st round pick so it will suck for people who are missing draft picks. 3 rounds is too short. 

I agree.  Would much rather do the full 7 than 3. As the new guy here, I am glad to do whatever you guys decide -- but to me the fun of this is researching the 4-7 round guys that we don't normally hear much about.

I agree.  Would much rather do the full 7 than 3. As the new guy here, I am glad to do whatever you guys decide -- but to me the fun of this is researching the 4-7 round guys that we don't normally hear much about.

^this

Exactly. rounds 4-7 makes the draft fun. Everyone knows the usual names for the first 3 rounds. I would go as far as doing trades, but it would get a bit confusing. I say do 7 rounds straight up. each person has 2 teams, if we have more people who want to participate and there are people who dont want to draft for 2 teams then we can add people for the individuals who dont want 2 teams. Once we get all 32 teams set then we're good to go. 

Why not do 3 rounds and then do a check with everyone to see if we can move on to 4-7?

We should figure it out before. You get 16 people at start and at the end of round 3, two or three people dont want to do the remaining rounds. It messes it up for the other guys willing to move forward. Either we do 3 or we do all 7. We should decide before we start. 

I want to do 1 and a half teams, you want to do the other half? I'm being dead serious, I don't know sh*t so I figured teaming up for one of them would be a good way to gain insight...

Do you mean you only want to pick for one team? Or you want to do a mock, you do half I'll do the other half.

Archived