Good For Amaro

KRL

You chose a user name that would suggest that you're looking forward, but instead a solid 90% of your posts are bitching about the Rex Ryan past. So it's not just chiming in with this thread, it's chiming in because since you've signed up you've been obnoxiously rehashing an argument that had finally started dying out.

I was hoping you'd grow as a poster, but much like your complaints about Rex Ryan, you have not demonstrated an ability to grow. Be fun to see if you can eventually be less abrasive, and maybe talk about something other than the coach who was fired four months ago. Truth be told, I'm not optimistic.

This is such a load of nonsense, it really is. I was far from the first to chime in on Rex in this thread, and you chimed in shortly after me in the opposite direction, but that was OK as were all the others before me in Rex's favor because they like Rex like you do.

As for the 90%, have you counted and verified that? Even if so, it is the offseason in which not much is going on and we are coming off the firing of one of the most polarizing figures in Jets history, one in which many including you chime in on every thread in which the subject comes up.

As for growing, whatever, maybe you should grow up. You don't agree with my stance, fine, debate me like a man and argue my points instead of acting like a pre-pubescent teenage girl when the arguments don't go your way.

I cant believe anyone who appreciates Lennon enough to make your profile pic of him, can be this full of it. Mods are better off not posting on forums, and would be better off reading and making sure that the posts are following the forum rules. When mods try to interject there opinions, and then wave their magic mod wand, it takes away from the forums.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coughlin is a bad example IMO.  He basically lost the team and had to lighten up   The church lady is a borderline horror with his authoritarian bullsh*t.  :"Leadership Council" indeed.

They already post every time he is quoted or gets his crappy pickup wrapped.

OMG...did you guys see that thing crazy Rex said the other day when he was like "I'm excited to get to work"....god that act is so old.

Since your memory is so bad, here is exactly what you said

"Even a bad QB on those teams and a SB is realistic.  Sadly for the Jets a bad QB wasn't attainable so we had to settle for watching horrific."

No one knows that. Sanchez performed very well in those playoffs. A "bad" qb may have performed much worse, and the Jets get knocked out in the first round.

Staging a replacement of player x on team y and saying the results would be different are of course impossible to do, and lazy analysis at best.

Its lazy and its agenda driven. 

Parcells won with Ray Lucas at QB, Ray Lucas. Say what you want about Sanchez, and most of it would b e right, but Ray Lucas was far worse at QB than Sanchez ever was, and far less prepared.

As a poster said earlier, Parcells largest mistake as head coach was trusting Rick Mirer as back-up. Fatal flaw.

That was fatal.

Ironically he was a better backup than Mark Brunnel.  Half kidding.

"Even a bad QB on those teams and a SB is realistic.  Sadly for the Jets a bad QB wasn't attainable so we had to settle for watching horrific."

No one knows that. Sanchez performed very well in those playoffs. A "bad" qb may have performed much worse, and the Jets get knocked out in the first round.

Staging a replacement of player x on team y and saying the results would be different are of course impossible to do, and lazy analysis at best.

Sanchez played better in the playoffs then he did in the regular season.. :yes:

He performed "Very Well" .....LOL...c'mon coach, even YOU can see that wasn't the case more times than not.

Which game would you consider more dominant?

His zero touchdown and 1 interception game in round one in which he threw for a whopping 189 yards while completing an incredible 58% of his passes while his defense held Payton Manning to 16 points and running game logged 38 carries to hide his shortcomings, or was it  his minus-4 point first half performance in Pittsburgh in which the TD he handed to the opponent was the difference in the game?

He had three playoff games to play in and he was a joke in all but one. 

You  must loooove you some Geno Smith.

Good news is, apparently we're fine with Geno at QB as long as we can get our  hands on the elusive pixie dust.  Players don't matter...pixie dust does.

Yeah, and those who don't like him aren't going to say a word when something goes wrong.

Oh the anti rex crowd will keep on going after him just as they are now.  However all the people saying, let it go, it is in the past,quite bringing rex up will suddenly be very happy to talk rex if things go well.

Oh the anti rex crowd will keep on going after him just as they are now.  However all the people saying, let it go, it is in the past,quite bringing rex up will suddenly be very happy to talk rex if things go well.

I'm always happy to talk about Rex...the good, the bad and the ugly...unfortunately, people who don't follow the team that closely only remember the bad stuff.

Coughlin is a bad example IMO.  He basically lost the team and had to lighten up   The church lady is a borderline horror with his authoritarian bullsh*t.  :"Leadership Council" indeed.

They already post every time he is quoted or gets his crappy pickup wrapped.

i will take a failure with two rings any day.

michael strahan said he hated coughlin at first now considers him a father figure. as others have stated, easier to be a hard ass and lighten up than the reverse. the point is you do have to be flexible. rex just stuck to his yuk-yuk methods through thick and thin.

He did it wit mangina's players.

How mang different starters did Rex have in 2009? 7?

The two most important ones....Bart Scott to run the front-7 and Jim Leonhard to make the calls in the secondary.  It even pissed off Kerry Rhodes because Rex took that job from him after the 18th place finish the previous season.

I'm always happy to talk about Rex...the good, the bad and the ugly...unfortunately, people who don't follow the team that closely only remember the bad stuff.

Yeah me too. Don't understand the ones here trying to shut down the conversation.

Yeah me too. Don't understand the ones here trying to shut down the conversation.

Yep...Rex did some great things and some terrible things.  Selective memory for fans who think they're better suited to coach in the NFL than to watch from their living rooms.

The two most important ones....Bart Scott to run the front-7 and Jim Leonhard to make the calls in the secondary.  It even pissed off Kerry Rhodes because Rex took that job from him after the 18th place finish the previous season.

rex's style works when times are good. but when a team faces adversity, a back slapper is not effective.

I don't mind discussing the guy.  My problem is with people acting like I care more about him than the team because I don't want to blame the guy for every problem since 1972.

He performed "Very Well" .....LOL...c'mon coach, even YOU can see that wasn't the case more times than not.

Which game would you consider more dominant?

His zero touchdown and 1 interception game in round one in which he threw for a whopping 189 yards while completing an incredible 58% of his passes while his defense held Payton Manning to 16 points and running game logged 38 carries to hide his shortcomings, or was it  his minus-4 point first half performance in Pittsburgh in which the TD he handed to the opponent was the difference in the game?

He had three playoff games to play in and he was a joke in all but one. 

You  must loooove you some Geno Smith.

Good news is, apparently we're fine with Geno at QB as long as we can get our  hands on the elusive pixie dust.  Players don't matter...pixie dust does.

it is not a secret to jet success those years. top defense, top offensive line, top running game. those teams could hide the QB. when asked to take a starring role, sanchez was exposed.

i will take a failure with two rings any day.

michael strahan said he hated coughlin at first now considers him a father figure. as others have stated, easier to be a hard ass and lighten up than the reverse. the point is you do have to be flexible. rex just stuck to his yuk-yuk methods through thick and thin.

I didn't say I wouldn't take him.  I said that he was a failure in his attempts to overdo it instilling discipline.  I think the NFLPA had a big problem with him as well.  He lightened up because he had to, not because it was a good idea, even though it was.  That is why I think he was a bad example. I am not putting him down or adding him to the comparison as coach.

I didn't say I wouldn't take him.  I said that he was a failure in his attempts to instill discipline.  I think the NFLPA had a big problem with him as well.  He lightened up because he had to, not because it was a good idea, even though it was.  That is why I think he was a bad example. I am not putting him down or adding him to the comparison as coach.

fair enough i understand your viewpoint. i still like the example because coughlin showed one thing rex never has--ability to change his style. maybe that change was forced on him, maybe it wasn't, but rex can't change his sweater much less his methods. too much tough guy ego ala his father.

it is not a secret to jet success those years. top defense, top offensive line, top running game. those teams could hide the QB. when asked to take a starring role, sanchez was exposed.

I tried making that point in saying that it was realistic to expect a better outcome with better QB play.  Apparently, better QB play is a result of quality pixie dust to some people...I'll stick with my theory of better QB play often yielding better results.

They did everything they could to hide Sanchez in a lot of those big spots and who could blame them?  He was terrible more often that not but people treat a zero TD/1 INT performance like it should be the new case study for up and coming QB's. 

This is such a load of nonsense, it really is. I was far from the first to chime in on Rex in this thread, and you chimed in shortly after me in the opposite direction, but that was OK as were all the others before me in Rex's favor because they like Rex like you do.

As for the 90%, have you counted and verified that? Even if so, it is the offseason in which not much is going on and we are coming off the firing of one of the most polarizing figures in Jets history, one in which many including you chime in on every thread in which the subject comes up.

As for growing, whatever, maybe you should grow up. You don't agree with my stance, fine, debate me like a man and argue my points instead of acting like a pre-pubescent teenage girl when the arguments don't go your way.

I cant believe anyone who appreciates Lennon enough to make your profile pic of him, can be this full of it. Mods are better off not posting on forums, and would be better off reading and making sure that the posts are following the forum rules. When mods try to interject there opinions, and then wave their magic mod wand, it takes away from the forums.

LOL

HMMM

Have a feeling long term this is not going to go well

The big mistake that Rex made was done by his big mouth.. After promising Super Bowls and falling short in 09-10 the kids started to turn on him.. If you promise kids candy and don't deliver they will hate you.. That's pretty much what happened with the Rex hating fans. I thought Rex was funny and he had a fan like personality.. He has allot to learn and who knows if he will develop into a better HC then he is now? I wish him well except when he plays the Jets.. He has been a HC for 6 years and as many have said BB in his first 6 wasn't the Coach he is now, even without Brady in the equation.. He did a fine job with Cassel in 2008 after losing Brady game one.. 

fair enough i understand your viewpoint. i still like the example because coughlin showed one thing rex never has--ability to change his style. maybe that change was forced on him, maybe it wasn't, but rex can't change his sweater much less his methods. too much tough guy ego ala his father.

That was one of the reasons I gave up on Rex.  Too many years of the same approach and I kept hoping it would change.  I honestly don't even going to think it's going to change now that he's been fired.  If that isn't gonna' do it, nothing will.

I tried making that point in saying that it was realistic to expect a better outcome with better QB play.  Apparently, better QB play is a result of quality pixie dust to some people...I'll stick with my theory of better QB play often yielding better results.

They did everything they could to hide Sanchez in a lot of those big spots and who could blame them?  He was terrible more often that not but people treat a zero TD/1 INT performance like it should be the new case study for up and coming QB's. 

if jets had an average nfl qb those years the SB would've been a very real possibility. lot of credit to rex for that.

The big mistake that Rex made was done by his big mouth.. After promising Super Bowls and falling short in 09-10 the kids started to turn on him.. If you promise kids candy and don't deliver they will hate you.. That's pretty much what happened with the Rex hating fans. I thought Rex was funny and he had a fan like personality.. He has allot to learn and who knows if he will develop into a better HC then he is now? I wish him well except when he plays the Jets.. He has been a HC for 6 years and as many have said BB in his first 6 wasn't the Coach he is now, even without Brady in the equation.. He did a fine job with Cassel in 2008 after losing Brady game one.. 

Be careful Savage...real Jets fans don't wish Rex well...only fans who really hate the team and like the Bills wish him well.  Well, them and Nick Mangold...so I guess he hates the Jets too.

Sanchez played better in the playoffs then he did in the regular season.. :yes:

This is true.  It's also one of the reasons that I stopped  hating on him and started having some hope.  Thought, hey maybe Sanchez is going to be ne of those rare players that don't really do well for most of the season, but then show up big time, in big games.

Wrong again 

That was one of the reasons I gave up on Rex.  Too many years of the same approach and I kept hoping it would change.  I honestly don't even going to think it's going to change now that he's been fired.  If that isn't gonna' do it, nothing will.

some coaches adapt to the situation. rex is a great coach if a team is close. he can instill the bravado and swagger (hate that word) needed for a final push to the promised land. but when it is time to rebuild or to build something from scratch? fuggetaboutit. he is probably a pretty good hire for buffalo. they very much resemble rex's first two jets teams.

if jets had an average nfl qb those years the SB would've been a very real possibility. lot of credit to rex for that.

What?  Improved QB play would have mattered?  WHAT?

Show me a statistic that shows improved QB play trumps pixie dust!

some coaches adapt to the situation. rex is a great coach if a team is close. he can instill the bravado and swagger (hate that word) needed for a final push to the promised land. but when it is time to rebuild or to build something from scratch? fuggetaboutit. he is probably a pretty good hire for buffalo. they very much resemble rex's first two jets teams.

Horrible QB situation and all

Thanks for the advice on how to run a forum. Since we have been doing this 10 years, we are going to stick with our model; where the mods participate in discussions. We have a good track record with it.

About your personal attack above...that stuff isn't tolerated here. So if you want to post here, you need to avoid it.

I asked all the mods to watch your posts, because there were several complaints from posters here.  Just post about the Jets, avoid personal attacks and there are no problems.

What?  Improved QB play would have mattered?  WHAT?

Show me a statistic that shows improved QB play trumps pixie dust!

Good point.  Who would have dreamed that Pete was going to throw the ball from the one yard line.  Pixie dust at it's finest 

Victim of his own success in that regard.  Took over a team that collapsed down the stretch with a HOF QB and then took what was supposed to be a re-building team to the AFCCG.  Expectations shot through the roof and once adversity hit, some fans couldn't handle it.

Be careful Savage...real Jets fans don't wish Rex well...only fans who really hate the team and like the Bills wish him well.  Well, them and Nick Mangold...so I guess he hates the Jets too.

As a fan, I liked Rex but there is no doubt that I don't wish him well at this point. He is in the division. I wish him complete failure.

Archived